Indigo Books & Music Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015
Updated Apr 10, 2015

2.3

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online, was contacted for an interview about 2 weeks later. It was a group interview ( me with 3 others) We were asked to introduce ourselves, then "Explain your previous experience with relevance to the position. Typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Name the last book you read and who the author was; (role play) how would you sell and convince to me to read that book.   Answer Question

Marketing Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Indigo Books & Music.

Interview

Quick response time on resume and first interview. Was lead to believe it was a very good interview and resume would be passed along. Was disappointed in unprofessionalism in lack of response after that point. I expected the truth and a quick note to say they went with someone else. Common curtesy.

Marketing Email Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Indigo Books & Music.

Interview

It was fairly easy. It was very casual. It was not intimidating at all. Probably one of the easiest interview I've ever experienced. It wasn't a full time job, it was a contract to hire job.

Keyholder Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Indigo Books & Music.

Interview

Long questionnaire online, varies every time it's taken, after the questionnaire, you either get put through based on your answers, or not. If you do get put through, you answer questions in an interview based on the responses you gave that were considered wrong or negative. You may or may not be called back for a second interview, usually it's just a reference check after the first and then a call with a job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. It was a take what you get situation.

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Milton, ON (Canada)) in August 2012.

Interview

Terrible interview process. They sent my acceptance e-mail to the wrong person. Someone with my last name in Brazil. Thank God this man tracked me down on Facebook and sent me the e-mail. Otherwise, I wouldn't have gotten the job.

Interview Questions

• 1. What do you know about this company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation I was only 15 so I took whatever they offered

CER Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Indigo Books & Music in August 2011.

Interview

Got called for an interview. Manager was really kind and after asking a series of questions made an appointment for a second interview with the general manager.

Cashier Interview

Interview

Group interview at first. They all ask the same questions (like why do you want to work here? What can you contribute to the company...). They are really looking for someone who stands out, so don't be afraid to speak up during the group interview and break the ice (they love it).

Recall during the interview the company's values (which are to always be there for the customers, etc), it is crucial. Also show your interest for chances to grow in the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Took one day

Tasker On Duty Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

The phone screening was brief with the usual interview related questions in relation to retail and customer service. I had a follow up interview on the same day which was was relax and casual. The questions were mainly about my experiences at Indigo and what type of work experience had in retail.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Indigo?

When was the last time you'd visited?

Answer Question

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

Indigo refers to their interviews as "Group Auditions" because you're in a room with multiple potential hires. The process was quite informal and easygoing which allowed people in the room to talk with each other and even make a few jokes while discussing our experiences. It was actually fun and little to no pressure.

Interview Questions

• We were asked to introduce everyone in the room to the person you were paired with and to talk about what you learned about them.   Answer Question

CEM Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

3 interviews, online questionnaire, great conversation if you have the right interviewer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none