Indigo Books & Music

Updated Oct 19, 2014
Updated Oct 19, 2014

2.3

Customer Experience Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Indigo Books & Music.

Sent an application online and then got a small phone interview a week later. Asked why I wanted to work there, my availability, other standard questions and told me about the group auditions which were scheduled the next week. The group auditions were 5 people including myself. We were asked three questions and played a game that was a team building exercise. The game was to basically demonstrate how we all function in a team. Interview was roughly 45 min. Received my offer in two days. The audition was super relaxed. They were hiring 24 people for Xmas, so they even said at the end of the interview that we all had a pretty good chance of getting hired. For those that have auditions with worse odds, you have to stand out! (I'm super shy, so I know it's easier said than done) Take control of the group, be vocal, and just try not to be a wallflower. If you're naturally outgoing, it'll be a piece of cake.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you dealt with a customer who had an unreasonable demand. What did you do?   View Answer
    • Tell us about a bad day you had.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you didn't meet a deadline.   Answer Question
    Minimum wage seasonal job, so no negotiation

Marketing Email Coordinator Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Indigo Books & Music.

It was fairly easy. It was very casual. It was not intimidating at all. Probably one of the easiest interview I've ever experienced. It wasn't a full time job, it was a contract to hire job.

Digital Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Indigo Books & Music in July 2014.

Initial communication took place over e-mail with hiring recruiter who did not e-mail professionally. After organizing a phone interview, the phone conversation lasted for a maximum of 6 minutes. Next step was an in person interview with the Digital Marketing Director a week later. The Director was very closed minded and unapproachable making the interview uneasy and uncomfortable. The interview process is taking 6 weeks or more. Next step is a presentation of a project given to you after the in person interview. Questions asked were above the expectations of the position being interviewed for.

Interview Questions
    • They asked for the keyword that drove your latest campaign and then entered it into Google to see if your webpage appeared.   Answer Question

CER- Permenant Part-time Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Indigo Books & Music.

Applied for the position online and heard a response within a week. Was asked to come in for a group audition. 40+ applicants were divided into groups and asked to participate in 3 activities, being reviewed by different department managers and the GM. The whole process lasted almost 2 hours and involved a team activity, a questions section and than role playing. You need to have an outgoing personality and really speak up as you are competing for the position. It was an enjoyable experience and different from the typical, tense one on one sections.

Interview Questions
    • The usual, tell me about a time when you had to handle a difficult situation in the work place. What was it and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Marketing Director Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Indigo Books & Music.

Quick response time on resume and first interview. Was lead to believe it was a very good interview and resume would be passed along. Was disappointed in unprofessionalism in lack of response after that point. I expected the truth and a quick note to say they went with someone else. Common curtesy.

CEM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Indigo Books & Music.

3 interviews, online questionnaire, great conversation if you have the right interviewer

none

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Indigo Books & Music in October 2012.

Immediately after application, I submitted an online personality test. Around a week later, I received a call from the store inviting me to come in for an interview. The interview process was quite simple -- a laundry list of questions about challenges faced throughout previous jobs, how I would react to situations, etc. Most job-specific question asked was "what are you reading?"

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Indigo Books & Music.

Applied online and had to complete a questionnaire, got a call a week later for an interview. Interviewed with one manager then had another the same day about 10 minutes later with the head manager. Got hired on the spot. They asked questions regarding your favourite books, company policies and the love of reading foundation. Do your research on the company!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Indigo Books & Music.

Applied online, was contacted for an interview about 2 weeks later. It was a group interview ( me with 3 others) We were asked to introduce ourselves, then "Explain your previous experience with relevance to the position. Typical interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Name the last book you read and who the author was; (role play) how would you sell and convince to me to read that book.   Answer Question

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Indigo Books & Music in August 2012.

Terrible interview process. They sent my acceptance e-mail to the wrong person. Someone with my last name in Brazil. Thank God this man tracked me down on Facebook and sent me the e-mail. Otherwise, I wouldn't have gotten the job.

Interview Questions
    • 1. What do you know about this company?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation I was only 15 so I took whatever they offered