Indigo Books & Music Interview Questions in Toronto, ON

Updated Mar 20, 2015

2.6

Seasonal Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

It was a group interview with 3 other people, it went fairly quick and there were only 4-5 questions that were easy to answer if you were prepared for them. Just know your facts about the company and use examples for questions based on how your skills are applicable to the position and in what situation(s) did you show these skills.

Interview Questions

• What book should definitely be on my shelf?
      At what place have you received the best customer service?

Answer Question

Negotiation

Do your research and show your passion for books.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

Indigo refers to their interviews as "Group Auditions" because you're in a room with multiple potential hires. The process was quite informal and easygoing which allowed people in the room to talk with each other and even make a few jokes while discussing our experiences. It was actually fun and little to no pressure.

Interview Questions

• We were asked to introduce everyone in the room to the person you were paired with and to talk about what you learned about them.   Answer Question

Tasker On Duty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

The phone screening was brief with the usual interview related questions in relation to retail and customer service. I had a follow up interview on the same day which was was relax and casual. The questions were mainly about my experiences at Indigo and what type of work experience had in retail.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Indigo?

When was the last time you'd visited?

Answer Question

Digital Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2014.

Interview

Initial communication took place over e-mail with hiring recruiter who did not e-mail professionally. After organizing a phone interview, the phone conversation lasted for a maximum of 6 minutes. Next step was an in person interview with the Digital Marketing Director a week later. The Director was very closed minded and unapproachable making the interview uneasy and uncomfortable. The interview process is taking 6 weeks or more. Next step is a presentation of a project given to you after the in person interview. Questions asked were above the expectations of the position being interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• They asked for the keyword that drove your latest campaign and then entered it into Google to see if your webpage appeared.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online, was contacted for an interview about 2 weeks later. It was a group interview ( me with 3 others) We were asked to introduce ourselves, then "Explain your previous experience with relevance to the position. Typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Name the last book you read and who the author was; (role play) how would you sell and convince to me to read that book.   Answer Question

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Milton, ON (Canada)) in August 2012.

Interview

Terrible interview process. They sent my acceptance e-mail to the wrong person. Someone with my last name in Brazil. Thank God this man tracked me down on Facebook and sent me the e-mail. Otherwise, I wouldn't have gotten the job.

Interview Questions

• 1. What do you know about this company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation I was only 15 so I took whatever they offered

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Milton, ON (Canada)) in July 2012.

Interview

I got called for an interview about 3 days after I applied. Keep in mind I applied to work in the kid section. Today was the day I did my interview. The questions were very simple and most of their questions are based on community involvement. For example, I'm in the drama club so she asked me questions such as "what is the most difficult part about acting?" I'm supposed to hear from them in 5 days. If I get the job, there is going to be a 3 hour orientation which is like a tour of the place, how the system works etc. Then they are going to ask for your SIN number, void check etc. Give you your uniform..and your hired!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to deal with someone who was being difficult and how did you manage to solve that persons problem?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • What will you be doing in the next 6 months?   2 Answers
    • Have you ever had a situation where someone else was effecting your productivity?   2 Answers
    • Have you ever realized that you did something wrong? If so, what were the steps you took to fix it?   2 Answers

Negotiation

They ended up hiring me on the spot. The !ndigo I visited was very flexible with hours they took from 5 hours a week to 30 hours a week depending on your preferences. They also have seasonal positions for before and during Christmas (September to January) and 70% of the people who worked in seasonal receive permanent positions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2012.

Interview

Replied to posting re: opening on Indigo website. Applied to 7 positions and was selected for an introductory interview at 2. Interviewed in a group of 3 and was told they were interviewing roughly 100 candidates, so a second round of interviews would be necessary.

I gave a strong interview and was given a second interview with another manager, and then offered a position on the spot. It was 7 days from application to interview, and 3 days from interview to official written offer/signed agreement, and then another 3 weeks until my first shift.

Interview Questions

• What is the last book you read? Describe it to me as if you were trying to sell it to me.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation possible since HQ has a standard procedure.

Visual Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2009.

Interview

The process took 2 interviews from Indigo and 1 interview from the recruiter.

Interview Questions

I have never had to wear a uniform (sort of) I was expected to wear a vest every day.
    No thanks