Indus Valley Partners Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Indus Valley Partners (Ithaca, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Gave them the resume yesterday and got a on-campus interview today. At first there was only one interviewer. He looked at my resume for some time. Seeing I had an operating system class, he asked me about basic lock&deadlock problems(how to make function thread-safe, avoid deadlock). Then a logical problem that tributes who always lie and who always tell truth. After that he asked about Java polymorphism. Then data structure like BST. Also he asked me about Javascript and SQL. Then a second interviewer came in and asked me about the possible security issues of developing mobile applications. They are concerned about local credentials and data encryption. The interviewers seem to focus on database, web front end and mobile application.

Interview Questions

• Talk about the possible security issues when developing a mobile app that involved user's financial account.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Indus Valley Partners (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

I had an initial interview with IVP at my school during a job fair. It was straightforward OOP/basic programming questions, some about SQL. I had a followup interview at their office with a different team member, which was more of the same. I interviewed at the new SLC office, which just opened.

Interview Questions

• None of the programming questions were bad, the most interesting one they asked was a logic question along the lines of the fox-chicken-grain puzzle.   Answer Question

I asked about the work-life balance and the interviewer told me that I'm young and shouldn't mind working 12 hour days 6 days a week. I'm not against doing that, but I wasn't thrilled that he made it sound like they expect us to do that all the time.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Indus Valley Partners (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Used a recruiter for initial interview, followed by a phone interview with hiring manager and an in-person interview at their office in SLC. Interview was very informal and not much pressure. Interviewer lets the candidate lead where the interview goes, so be sure to talk about things that you are solid on.

Interview Questions

• Value IVP by asking the interviewer questions about the company, then actually working out a value for non-public company during the interview.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Indus Valley Partners (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2014.

Interview

4 interviews beginning with a recruiter. Recruiter checks for basic qualifications, then schedules a phone interview. My interviewer had a very thick Hindi accent; very difficult for a phone interview. Most questions were regarding my resume --be prepared to answer very specific and pointed questions about job history/experience. 1:1 interview was very friendly and casual, much easier to understand the interviewer in-person. I was asked to solve a logic puzzle, similar to what you would expect if interviewing as a programmer. Last step would be interview with upper management. I was a recent graduate and did not have enough experience to make the cut to the final round.

Interview Questions

• in depth capital markets questions   1 Answer

Junior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Indus Valley Partners.

Interview

Step 1: On campus information session and interview: - Basic knowledge of financial instruments (options, shorts) - Resume run-down Step 2: Timed online test with more in depth financial instrument knowledge Step 3: On site interviews with senior management to get a feel for your personality, client facing skills, and knowledge of your resume.

Interview Questions

• If X shares of stock A are bought at Price 1 and Y shares of stock B are sold short at Price 2 what is the combined market value, gross market value, and exposure of the two positions?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Indus Valley Partners in November 2013.

Interview

I was contacted through my school. They didn't seem like the type of company I have been seeking out, but I accepted for interview experience and because they expressed interest in me. Unfortunately, the interview destroyed any interest I had in the company, as the interviewers weren't very focused, and did nothing to sell the company to me. When I would answer questions, they wouldn't do anything for a while, as if they expected me to say more, which made it more and more awkward as the interview went on.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe a time that a specific scenario had happened at a specific place that I had interned at for a short time, but I let them know that I hadn't been there for long enough to have that sort of experience.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Indus Valley Partners.

Interview

It was a randon question round, people taking the interview were less experienced than me and had just 2-3 years of work exp.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Need to be careful as 25% is your bonus.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Indus Valley Partners in June 2013.

Interview

Had two interviews with the company, all interviews were mostly behavioral questions about my resume and my future goals. There was only two technical questions asked, one during the first round and one by the managing director in the second round at their NYC office.

Interview Questions

• All questions were pretty simple, nothing should surprise you   Answer Question

Other opportunities arised

Interview

I received a call from the HR Head of the organization. The gentleman claims to be armed with 17 years of working experience, however while speaking for good 20 mins when the call disconnected (I assume so), nobody had the courtesy to return back the call. That itself states how the company values their employees. On part of the salary discussion, the person was more inclined to push his/company's visions, rather than respecting the candidate's current comp. or expected. I do not suggest that you have to pay what the candidates asks for, but cornering the candidate does not give a great vision of the organisation. Reviewing other reviews, it seems great that no matter why the call got abruptly disconnected, I did not need to waste much time.

Programmer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Indus Valley Partners.

Interview

aptitude + tech. round + hr + vp round