Indus Valley Partners

Indus Valley Partners Interview Questions in Mumbai

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Indus Valley Partners in August 2013.

The recruitment process is short. Clearing the aptitude test is easy. Then comes technical interview. Pretty diificult technical interview. And then comes the HR interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Indus Valley Partners in August 2013.

First round was the Aptitude round
    Second round was Technical Round
    Third and the final round was the Directors round

Interview Questions
    • Technical interview was a very detailed one. Covered all the aspects right from C, C++, DS, Java(a little), SQL(maximum questions), .NET(a must). Knowledge on HTML, CSS, Javascript will come in handy.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Indus Valley Partners.

I applied for an opening in Mumbai and had in total 2 technical rounds, 2 general, and 1 HR round. I got a call from the HR on the same evening that I applied and the first round was scheduled after 2 days.

First round: The interview was with a Senior Business Analyst over telephone. It was scheduled for 20 mins, but went on for about an hour with questions revolving around my past work experience, derivative instruments (options, IRS, CDS, cross-currency), delta/gamma hedging, trading systems, position management, etc. He asked questions about each and every line on my resume. I was also asked as to why I want to join IVP.

Second round: Got a call from the HR the next day saying that I had cleared the first round and the second round (telephonic) would be held the next day (after 48 hrs of 1st IV) The interview was with a Director and again revolved around my past work experience and some more grilling on derivatives and position management systems. It went on for about 20 mins.

Third round: Got a call from the HR after the 2nd round saying that they want me to be interviewed by their managing partner in New York on the same evening. This went on for about 15 mins and the MD asked me about my exp in NY (I had worked there before for one of their clients). Couple of technical questions on delta/gamma. He asked me as to where I would like to join - I mentioned Mumbai. Told me that he would ask the Mumbai Director to meet me.

Fourth round: The fourth round (first F2F round at their Mumbai office) was held after about 2 weeks (the director was overseas until then). It was general discussion revolving around my work experience and the work that I will be doing. Lasted for about 15 mins.

Fifth round: On the same day, got a call from HR - asked about my background, family, education and confirmed the offer.

Overall it was a smooth process. The technical questions were tough, but the interviewers were friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • Impact of volatility on option prices - OTM, ITM variations, delta/gamma hedging
      Cross-currency forwards concept and variations
      In-depth questioning on trade flow - capture, risk, PnL, reconciliation, etc.

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Indus Valley Partners in September 2012.

Trust me interview process is not so good. They do not maintain any standard to select interviewer to interview any candidate. One of my friend who has experience of 6+ years, was interviewed by a person of the company who has experience of 2+ years.

I was having 2 round of interview, one was telephonic(that was completely technical) another was face to face(with the director).

Interview Questions
    • Interview was very very simple if you are cleared with the basics. In my case where ever I was taking the interviewer he was moving there
      following questions i was asked
      1. What is dotnet framework?
      2. what is garbage collector?
      3. what is difference between interface and abstract class?
      4. What is WCF?
      5. What is LINQ
      6. The biggest LINQ query I ever written.
      7. What is stored procedure in SQL
      8 What are the triggers in sql?
      9. what is diff b/w Stored Procedures and Functions in SQL
      10. What is inheritance ?

View Answer
    what ever package I asked, they gave me more than that

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Indus Valley Partners in August 2012.

1. Written Test: It consisted of two sections-
    (i) Quantitative Aptitude- This section consisted of 30 standard questions across the topics on logical reasoning and quantitative aptitude.
    (ii)Technical Section- This section consisted of a programming statement for which a descriptive solution was asked

2. Interview: A single interview was conducted and being from non CS-IT background, I was asked standard questions on C, C++ and Data Structures(Basics). Questions on project implementations till date were asked. I was asked to justify why I should be preffered over the other CS-IT apllicants who were shortlisted for the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Justification of why non CS-IT candidates should be given a chance in the IT Sector   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

This company came for Campus Placement to our College 2 days back. First they held a pre-placement talk that their work-timings are very flexible. Then hey mentioned it will be 1:30pm to 10:30pm. I still wonder what is flexible about their timing? Basically you have no social life.
    In the placement paper, there were two sections:
    1. Aptitude Paper: 7 questions out which there was 1 para-jumble, 1 passage-summary, 1 question to find meaning of limelight, 4 quant problems easy level ones.
    2. Pseudo-Code: 2 options--> to find angle between hour hand and minute hand or a program involving funds, searching, matching and file handling.
    No negative marks. They happened to mention that pseudo code question was compulsory.....which was quite obvious.
    Interview experience of my friends is mentioned below.
    They were asked about themselves, their project and questions related to the concepts involved in their project. Selection process seemed to very random and this opinion was common among many candidates, even those who got selected.

Interview Questions
    • Two controversial questions were there in the paper:
      1. The politicians try to remain in the limelight.
      Controversy: centre of attraction or object to public notice?
      Ans: Centre of Attraction.(How can one consider limelight as centre of attraction when the subject is a politician and not some celeb.)

2. The pseudo code of angle between hands of a clock.
      Controversy: They did not give any clue not to consider the the movement of hour hand by 0.5 degrees every minute.
      Ans. For their solution at 12:30 the angle is 180 degrees
      As per reality, the angle is 180-15=165 degrees
      Unexpected: Their H.R. was correcting the paper so. I shall leave the rest for you'll to assume.

Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Indus Valley Partners in July 2012.

1- Telephonic Round
    1- Face to Face Technical Round with Director
    1- HR round

Interview Questions
    • Detailed project architecture currently working on & Design patterns implemented in it.   View Answer

Had an offer from a better company and read reviews from glass door.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Indus Valley Partners in April 2011.

Online Test followed by a Technical and HR Interview

Interview Questions
    • Knowning the basics of java,C#,asp.net and stock markets would help a long way   Answer Question
    Got an Email from the HR about the offer and the salary details.The negotiation phase is hassle free due to some quality HR Management