Indus Valley Partners

Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.8

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Indus Valley Partners in August 2013.

Easy Process

3 rounds , all elimination rounds

Written Test (Aptitude + Pseudo Code)
    Technical Interview
    HR/Director Interview

Tech Interviewer stressed on my projects. I had listed 11 projects
    3-C# (.NET)
    7-Drupal (PHP SDK)
    1-Wordpress

HR/Director round judged perosnality

Interview Questions
    • what we can do if we need to have similar functionality without using keyword virtual..(or something like this)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Indus Valley Partners in January 2013.

Two rounds were conducted of which the first was easier with just a few basic SQL queries and basic OOP concepts. The second round was about writing programs. (in my case they gave 2 programs)

Timings were a problem.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Indus Valley Partners in October 2012.

1st Round- Written (1 hour)
    1. 15 questions (10 Aptitude or Analytical -quite tough and 5 questions of english paragraph in which we have to choose the best option out of 5 options which matches the meaning of paragraph)
     AND 1 question for CODING ...u have to write a c++/java (oops code) using classes....every detail will be given ... if u know the syntax , u can write it very easily ...

2. Tech Round - they mainly focus on OOPS nd Basic Database... Questions asked By me
    ->Diff. B/w left outer join and Right Outer Join (Explain By Query)
    ->Diff. B/w Inner join and Outer Join
    ->Why do we need OOPS?
    -.>what is inheritance? Why do we need inheritance ? How to implement inheritance? How do we Decide that what to inherit and what not to inherit ?
    -> What do we need to do if we don't want any data member to be inherited ?
    ->EXPLAIN UR PROJECT ,What are d technologies used...simple questions related to project
    ->analytical question- in 24 hrs ,how many times hour nd minute hand overlaps?
    ->do u hv any questions?

3. Directorial Round--Tech +HR
    (very imp. round ...impression on director matters a lot )
    ->Tell me about urself
    ->program for palindrome
    ->program of factorial den suppose i want factorial of 100! , den hw will u do this ? bcoz long int or unsigned long int will be out of range .... den if u answer dat by ARRAY ...den u hv to explain ... den he will say wt if i want 32000! ...What will be the size of the array ??
    ->explain ur project
    ->diff. b/w java and php (coz i h used php in my project )
    -> Why should i hire you ? ( In this he'll check that hw u behave in stress , he'll try to put some pressure on u )
    ->do u have any questions?

4.HR ROUND
    -> tell me abt urself
    ->he/she will ask question on ur hobbies
    ->where do u see urself after 5 years
    ->explain ur project
    ->technologies used
    ->what is ur family front ?
    ->where do u belong to ?
    ->do u have any questions?

In all the rounds ,u must ask questions, confidence matters a lot .... i asked same question in all d 3 rounds.. if u hv gud coding nd u can tackle interview smartly den communication skills won't be a barrier.
    overall interview process was very lyt .... dey were very cool ... infact dey were motivating us to answer and helping us.

Interview Questions
    • program of factorial den suppose i want factorial of 100! , den hw will u do this ? bcoz long int or unsigned long int will be out of range .... den if u answer dat by ARRAY ...den u hv to explain ... den he will say wt if i want 32000! ...What will be the size of the array ??   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through other source – interviewed at Indus Valley Partners in September 2012.

Two telephonic round followed by machine test and director round.

First telephonic round will center around basic question on C#,OOPS,.NET,SQL. Second round was more scenario based.

Machine test was design a reflection program to get class methods and properties dynamically.

Interview Questions
    • Deployment process on multiple servers   View Answer
    I have been offered salary what i have demanded.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Indus Valley Partners in August 2012.

Written Followed by Two Technical Rounds

Due To Night Shift Working

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Indus Valley Partners in July 2012.

I was being interviewed for a BA role. From experiences of my friend I got to know they ask a lot of finance knowledge in capital markets and I was prepared for the same. Instead the interviewer kept on asking what have you done functionally in your past work experience. I was looking for a job change since I want more exposure in the domain, probably I should have told him that I have not done a lot functionally. Then I was asked some basic concepts on CDS and CDO. But the interview was mostly on my past experience.

Interview Questions
    • In a CDO is it possible the loss is divided between the junior tranche and senior tranche.   View Answer
    • Can equity be an underlying for a CDS?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Indus Valley Partners in January 2012.

Campus hiring. They visited. I appeared for the tests. Then there were f2f interviews. I passed 'em all. They offered. I chose. I joined Indus Valley Partners India Private Limited, Noida.

NA

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Indus Valley Partners in August 2011.

Gone through 2 rounds of telephonic tech interviews followed by a Director's round at the last.Basic of oops and database knowledge was tested in tech rounds, some advanced questions were also asked but don't think their weight age was much as I could answer most of them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Indus Valley Partners in June 2011.

Initially I got call from their HR and he fixed my first technical round next day. after clearing that round on the next day he fixed my second technical round and after clearing that he fixed my F2F director round. overall process was very organized

Work Culture is not good. 3 month notice period and they work in UK shift

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Indus Valley Partners in January 2011.

Interview was on arranged by our college.
    Written test consisted of some apltitude qns. and writing algos/
    1st interview was HR mainly asking about hedge funds,mutual funds,trading software,etc.
    2nd round of interview was technical. He asked me simple looping questions and some puzzles.
    3rd round was scheduled after 15 days for which we had to go their head office.it was the worst round.hardly any qns. were asked and the guy was just constantly looking at the resume.

Interview Questions

1.The interview process totally reflected how unonrganised the company is.
    2.Asked some contacts working there said its useless job.