Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Service

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Service

Financial Security Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Service.

Very easy interview process. Need to pass LIMRA test, the rest does not really matter. If you have a good score on the test, you are automatically hired.
    To get the interview, you need to bring your resume to any office where you want to work, and they will give you the test right away. Your background does not really matter. It is a plus if you have sales experience, but they will train you in any case.

No negotiation whatsoever.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Service in December 2013.

Applied on campus, one phone interview and one in person interview, both technical and extremely difficult. First interview was on phone with one person who asked a few technical questions and a few HR related questions. The guy was an Associate too. There was no interview with HR. Second interview was with the guy who I spoke to over the phone and another Associate. Both initially asked a few HR/Personality questions and made me feel comfortable (good thing).

Interview Questions
    • Valuation methods, ratios and financial statements analysis. All the questions were difficult and tricky. A few other random tricky questions such how many golf balls can fit in a room....................in depth understanding of enterprise value... and ratios related to EV. Also reason for subtracting cash from EV. General information of financial market and your view on it. In addition, knowledge of bloomberg is important too.   Answer Question

Financial Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Service in January 2013.

I received an email on the phone asking if I was interested. Once I replied we set up an interview. The interview process was pretty simple, asked a lot of behaviour questions.

Interview Questions
    • Have you worked with someone you didn't like? If so, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Commission based

Financial Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Service in February 2012.

I had call from company. They found my resume from Workopolis. They asked me to fill a personality test and they got me an interview appointment for the week after.
    I went there and one of assistant managers presented their company and asked me to fill the other test.
    It wasn't professional test. it was a test that they could get all your information, from your age and marriage status to how much money you have in your account.
    I didn't like it because they asked about lots of information and it was a commiseration job.

Interview Questions
    • How much is your monthly cost of living?   View Answer

Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Service in April 2009.

I though that the interview was for a system analyst, but instead of that, the purpose was to recruit an assurance salesman.

The interviewer was focused on my sales experience even when my CV is a System Analyst profile. He made jokes about my birthplace, I think to give a familiar ambiance but he got wrong because there are some things about my country that are not for laugh.

At the end, he gave me a personality test that was obviously focused on responds about the advantages of get into sales and benefit with great commissions.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever sold something successfully to anyone and how was your strategy to convince him?   Answer Question

Work at Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Service? Share Your Experiences

Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Service