Infineon Technologies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Logic Physical Synthesis Engineer Interview

Logic Physical Synthesis Engineer
Duisburg (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Infineon Technologies in February 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed for the position in the daughter company (EPOS , approx 50 people) located in Duisburg. The interview was with MD and the hiring manager. Most of the interview was resume based. Other question was to rank my knowledge on 1-5 scale on different topics.

Interview Question – Had never been asked in any interview before : to rank my knowledge on 1-5 scale on different topics , so it was an unexpected question but not tough one.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much scope..

Senior Manager, Strategy Development Interview

Senior Manager, Strategy Development
Munich (Germany)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Infineon Technologies in August 2012.

Interview Details – Rather haphazard. Just one face to face interview at my own expense. No HR interview. They just wanted to do everything by phone, but I went over for face to face interview on own expense. Also ridiculously untrained or unprofessional HR, not keeping to time for meetings or phone calls.

Interview Question – Had a case at the end, but the same as for all levels of seniority. Nothing keeping to the level of experience people bring in or to the skill level.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They expect negotiation. Not like other companies which pay a fair salary and are not prepared to negotiate. Also, the HR is just a go between for the negotiation and all decisions are taken by the hiring manager. Not like other companies where the manager has little say in the salary or the package. Looks like every small pay out is billed to the manager. However, the process is very drawn out.

MEMS Development Eng Interview

MEMS Development Eng
Munich (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Infineon Technologies.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview followed by a personal interview. Hiring Manager and big boss very friendly, I expected a technical interview but it was more of a general conversation about previous experiences and how they related to the job.

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected or difficult. I guess I did not do a good job relating previous experiences with what they were looking for.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Work Student Interview

Work Student
Munich (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Infineon Technologies in February 2012.

Interview Details – work student - so it was easy

Interview Question – nothing   Answer Question

Process Integration Engineer Interview

Process Integration Engineer
Dresden (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Infineon Technologies.

Interview Details – I received an invitation for a phone interview via email. The interview itself was held by a HR representative and an engineer (not the same person announced in the email). I perceived the general mood of the talk as tensed. To me the engineer appeared to be disinterested in the application interview.

Interview Question – The questions were standard (CV, teamwork experience, experience in semiconductor processing). As I was looking for my first job after my graduation, no advanced questions were asked.   Answer Question

IT Business Analyst In BI Interview

IT Business Analyst In BI
Munich (Germany)

I applied online - interviewed at Infineon Technologies in February 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, contact by a recruiter, directly invited for a onsite interview with one HR women and the hiring Manager. The interview was Standard just General questions about Motivation and some questions. I asked for 80K salary , I dont know if this was the reason but after several weeks i received rejection.

Interview Question – No Special questions. Just discussion on my current role and generic HR questions.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Munich (Germany)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Infineon Technologies in May 2008.

Interview Details – Headhunter did a great job to convince me that the company was financially stable. Interviews were quite smooth, even if a lot of paper needed to be provided, including my high school diploma! Direct manager was very good and explained tasks with excellent level of details. Overall package was beyond my expectations. Pears also were introduced and gave good impression: team seemed solid and homogeneous.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was asked what I was expecting and the proposal exceeded that level.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Munich (Germany)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Infineon Technologies in April 2008.

Interview Details – Interview is quite easy, just 1 round with both 1 engineer and 1 HR lady. Most of the questions are quite normal and technical, but none is corner case. Only 1 of the questions is about how to handle relationships with customers. Also some data base questions, like how to optimize access speed, etc.

Negotiation Details – not much, i simply took it.

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Regensburg (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Infineon Technologies in February 2011.

Interview Details – Very nice interview partners. Unfortunately it was not the right position for my interests

Interview Question – What types of Deposition Techniques do you know?   View Answer

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Munich (Germany)

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Infineon Technologies in July 2008.

Interview Details – I directly met with HR and hiring manager and discussed some job related technical topics..

Interview Question – How did I use my knowledge to solve the problem   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – good

Worked for Infineon Technologies? Contribute to the Community!