Infinera Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

3.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunnyvale, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Infinera in March 2010.

I was first contacted and phone interviewed by HR. After that, I was phone interviewed by my potential manager, which was more "technical" in nature. A week later, I was invited for an on-site interview, which involved giving a 45-minute technical presentation, followed by 10 one-on-one interviews throughout the day. Be prepared for technical questions and "why do you want to work for Infinera" type questions. The people were very friendly, bright and motivated. I was offered the job within a couple of days and am happy that I accepted. The work is both interesting and challenging, and the team is highly dedicated. The company is also green- and health-conscious, providing reusable resources and an on-site gym. All and all, a great place to work.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to leave your current employer to join Infinera?   Answer Question
Consider the entire package. Infinera typically offers a generous relocation package (if applicable), competitive salary and restricted stock units that vest over 4 years, all of which are negotiable. The benefits package is good, but the company currently does not contribute to 401k. Also, vacation time is capped at 4 weeks.

Other Interview Reviews for Infinera

Engineering Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Infinera in October 2010.

This interview is invited by one of senior engineering. He asked me about my research works in graduate program and how my work could be extended in their applications. They are actually seeking for someone who know well about optics and circuit system. They are a developing company, so they are recruiting a few people

Interview Questions
    • How can you apply your research on our product immediately   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Infinera in January 2008.

Good lots of people from different levels

easy

Worked for Infinera? Contribute to the Community!