Infinera

Updated Dec 26, 2014
Updated Dec 26, 2014

3.1

Senior Optical Test Development Engineer Interview

had a phone interview for the first week. Contacted by the HR the second week to arrange a onsite interview. The interview starts with a 45 min tech talk, and followed by one on one interview by around a dozen people with 30 min each.

Interview Questions
    • Some technical questions related to the coherent communication concept   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Infinera in November 2014.

First had a phone screen with the hiring manager. After the phone screen, I was asked to appear for an on site interview. Had 5 one to one interviews. Asked about the projects I had been a part of. Many basic questions from OOPS, bitwise operators. Also Study semaphores, deadlocks and basic OS questions. know what static definition and volatile actually means. The hiring manager started asking me questions about Kernel level processing and basic Networking Issues and protocol. The way he was asking questions was not very pleasant. He did actually rise his voice after some time. Not a very good gesture. Other interviewers were very friendly and made you feel comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • explain all processes that happens in kernel level in any OS and how does user page and kernel page communicate with each other.   Answer Question

Senior Optical Test Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Infinera in October 2014.

I applied online and was chosen for a phone interview among other 10 candidates. I think my resume matched exactly what they were looking for. First I got a call from HR, asking general questions (starting date, salary requirements) and setting up a phone interview time with the hiring manager. Then 45 minute interview with the hiring manager. The questions were mostly about previous experience with a few behavior questions mixed in.

Interview Questions
    • No really difficult questions. Mostly it seemed that the hiring manager wanted to learn about my technical background.   View Answer

ASIC Engineer Intern Interview

Online Application

Interview Questions
    • How do I connect two designs working at different clock speeds ?   View Answers (4)

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Infinera in March 2014.

Applied through university career website. Got the call in 2 weeks. First round was technical interview , mainly interviewer was asking OOPS concepts. He asked questions on design patterns. Nothing difficult. But interviewer laughed at one of my answers which was weird. He should have understood that I am new to all this and should have corrected me if I was wrong.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the bridge design pattern. Assume you are developing a software for a teacher to take attendance of the students , which data structure do you use to get student information ?   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Infinera.

I had the interview through an employee referral so this was faster. The interviews are very detailed take atleast 6 hours plus, but basic questions in programming (c and c++)and basic concepts in OS (sempahores, deadlocks etc). A refresh on these can be easier. Most of the questions are around linked lists, bit operations, string reversal etc. People are quite friendly and make you feel quite comfortable in the interview

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Infinera in February 2014.

Applied through career fair. Got a call and asked me to to do some simple set up time and hold time questions.
    was first contacted and phone interviewed by HR. After that, I was phone interviewed by my potential manager, which was more "technical" in nature. A week later, I was invited for an on-site interview, which involved giving a 45-minute technical presentation, followed by 10 one-on-one interviews throughout the day. Be prepared for technical questions and "why do you want to work for Infinera" type questions. The people were very friendly, bright and motivated. I was offered the job within a couple of days and am happy that I accepted. The work is both interesting and challenging, and the team is highly dedicated. The company is also green- and health-conscious, providing reusable resources and an on-site gym. All and all, a great place to work.

Technical Writer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Infinera.

The first interview was the most challenging as the expectations kept changing and I could not be sure when I was going to start work. The interview process was not difficult but the employer was not sure what they wanted when they began.

Interview Questions
    • Can you work from interviews and create verbatim notes?   View Answer
    Immediate acceptance. I knew what I wanted, and they were willing to deliver when they finally offered the job.

Manager Human Resources Interview

Called by a recruiter. Straightforward questions. Then met the HR team members and some members from the line. The interviews were very thorough. The interview teams weren't aligned, and some of the questions were repetitious.

PIC Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Infinera.

I got a really long interview process. Several phone calls before having to visit them into California (I was not on the state). People was all friendly, but took to long to book to make a decision. I got a 15 or more people interview at Infinera, when I made it to CA, but have to schedule another phone call after since one person or more could not made it. The offer was very delayed for those reasons.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions were as expected for a position like this one. They are very focus in interpersonal relations so you are able to work with others in harmony.   Answer Question

After working on another large corporation, I decided to work for a small company instead.