Infinera Senior Embedded Software Engineer Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Senior Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunnyvale, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Infinera in February 2008.

Applied online for the position of Senior Embedded Software Engineer. Several days later a recruiter contacted me to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was scheduled several days later and it was with the director of Software Engineering. The interview lasted 30 minutes and we discussed my experience and past projects. I was also asked some rudimentary embedded OS questions. Two weeks later I flew to Sunnyvale for the on-site interview. I was a grueling all day process which first involved making a presentation which detailed the greatest technical challenge that I faced in my career and how I resolved it. After that I had four individual interviews with various members of the software team. Some asked to white-board a sample implementation problem, others asked me detailed questions regarding device drivers and memory management. The people knew their stuff and wanted to ensure that potential candidates were at their level.

Interview Questions
  • What was the greatest technical challenge that you face in you career and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

I turned down the offer because ultimately my wife changed her mind about re-locating to California. If I was single with no kids I would be there today. I still wonder if I made the right decision. If appeared to be a great place to work.

Worked for Infinera? Contribute to the Community!