Infinity Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Infinity Insurance (Miami, FL).

Interview

They give you some test to take that test your ability to type and personality test to see if you match their basic needs. Next time they make you come in for a group interview by two HR representatives.

Inside Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Infinity Insurance (Cerritos, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

they give you a personality test which includes a situational test. then you write a letter to the your boss describing your strengths and weaknesses. Then you right a letter to a client including the given info about a claim. It takes about an hour and they say it has nothing to do with the interview. which actually comes after you do all that

Interview Questions

• they use the star interview question method (google it). there all questions about specific situations and experiences you've had before   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Infinity Insurance (Cerritos, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

BEWARE. The interview process was very easy in my opinion. I applied on the infinity insurance website. I was then contacted about a week later and was asked to come in to interview. I arrived at the interview site and had to sit in a very small lobby area with another candidate which added up to be about 30 minutes (obviously punctuality means nothing to them). I was then greeted by an internal HR employee. She guided I and the other candidate to a computer room where we had to take a simple personality/reading comprehension test. We also had to create an email to our manager introducing ourselves and also had to write a conclusion email to a claim we completed. I finished well ahead of the 1.5hr time allowed. Once finished the same HR employee who greeted me advised that I passed everything and I was being asked to interview with two claims managers. I the met with the interviewers, answered their very simple questions, and fielded any I had. I was then told that I would hear from them very soon as they are in need to help. My very negative experience came from the background check. Infinity pulls your entire background including a full credit report. Now my background is very clear in terms of legal dealings, but back in college I had 3 collections (2 for cell phones & one medical) that showed on my credit report. After two weeks of hearing nothing from Infinity I called the HR recruiter and was told that I was chosen as the final candidate, but I was not going to be given the job due to my several collections from 4 years ago. I was told that this is legal from them to do as long as they disclaim this in their application process. Overall I tried to write a letter explaining the extenuating circumstances from college and after, but I was sent a final letter being told there was basically nothing I could do. This, in my opinion, is bad faith judgement. I worked for a very reputable insurance carrier prior to applying at Infinity and this was present on my report when it was checked by them, but I guess if you have a collection(s) your life is in shambles, you will steal their money and you are a risk they do not want to take no matter how qualified you are. HUGE THUMBS DOWN TO INFINITY and I thank god I didn't get the job as a bigger and better position reared its head and I accepted. THEIR LOSS!

Interview Questions

Interview

It seems its WHO you know and not WHAT you know. I recently graduated graduate school and I needed a steady job for at least a year until I get my teaching certificate sorted out. Regardless, I have a 3yr old daughter that I must support and was looking forward towards the BILINGUAL FIRST NOTICE CLAIMS position. However, my resume only stated that I have a bachelors degree (as to not seem way too over qualified), but I have had more than one year of customer service, prior military, and had even worked as an intern with a non-profit organization as a BILINGUAL TRANSLATOR.
    The day of the test taking/interview I showed up dressed to impress and 30min before my appointment. 20min later two other individuals show up for the same reasons; however, they seemed like they just graduated high-school and were dressed as if they were going out for pizza. Additionally, as they spoke to the front desk receptionist they weren't even SURE what exactly they were testing for. Just that they were there for "some interview."
     The three of us are now in a testing room taking a comprehensive test, which consists of vocabulary and basic math. The second portion consisted of a typing test. Regardless, I knew with 99.9% certainty that I passed them both. However, I was pulled from the room and told that I would hear from the HR with in 3DAYS for an "offer." A month later I have heard a 'peep', not even an e-mail. I'm not into throwing the 'I got experience', or 'I'm a veteran', or 'I got a degree' card, but could you at least have the decency of sending me an e-mail to explain WHAT exactly happened. To add insult to injury the position is still open.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Infinity Insurance (Cerritos, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Pre-testing consist of "follow instructions" questions, then a personality test and a letter typing test. Then if you pass that you will get an interview with 2 managers and they ask you a series of situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had a difficult customer, what happened , how did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Auto Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Interview

I was called by the HR representative at the Arlington office for the Auto Adjuster position. The basic test and skills review was easy. The HR representative told me that I passed both tests and she informed me that I made it to the final three candidate group interview panel. She also explained to me that I would hear back in a couple weeks in regards to further direction on meeting with the managers for the final interview. However, I never received a call or email back from her or anyone from the company. I find it funny that I was told by the HR representative that she was hoping I would pass the tests and was excited that I would be in the final interview, but then I never hear back from them... I know they are a busy company, but do the professional thing and let me know if you have changed your minds....

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you dealt with a difficult customer..   Answer Question

SIU Investigatoor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Infinity Insurance.

Interview

Very informal, management seemed very down to earth. Team worked together as a family. Great benefits were offered. Everyone seemed polite when I was there. Personality test was very simple. They emphasized on working long hours and putting in hard work. The pay for a 2 week training in Alabama. Job rides on passing that training.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you dealt with a difficult coworker and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Special Investigator SIU Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Infinity Insurance (Tampa, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

The manager for SIU in this dept had zero personality during the interview, no smiles or warmness. Very dry and unpleasant. The male manager was somewhat better as far as personality, still, not interview professionals by any rate. 3 weeks to get back to me even after f/u and thank you cards sent. This place is very inconsiderate.

Interview Questions

• same old basic situation interview questions out of the old playbook.   Answer Question

Claims Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Infinity Insurance.

Interview

one in person interview. met at the office and had to complete a comptency test before hand. everything was pretty much done one the same day which is a plus so you know pretty quickly.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was situational base interview to give situation/task that pretend to the question, the action we took of that situation, and what was the outcome of that situation. It was 1.5+ hour long interview