Infinity Property & Casualty Interview Questions

2.9

IT SME Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Infinity Property & Casualty in September 2013.

There is a 4 step hiring process. 2 phone interviews, a IQ test and a face to face which they flew me in for. The phone interviews were straightforward about my experience and skills. The IQ test was a Menso-like "what comes next and how do these relate" timed test which I took remotely and was proctored. (You can Google SRA test at sqribd for sample questions) They flew me in for the face to face which was typical HR "what would you do" situational testing. Almost exactly the same as another place I interviewed 12 years ago.

Interview Questions

Lower offer that expected - within the range of a less experienced employee with my skill-set (Sr. vs SME). I don't think the management has a firm understanding of the pay ranges for a technical resource with my skillset and experience and mistakenly used that of another skill set that characteristically gets paid less as a basis for their offer. The offer/counter-offer process seemed a bit uncoordinated. In their defense, though, since I was up front with my compensation expectations with the recruiter, perhaps the recruiter was misinformed on the compensation range. I would still consider working here if they raised the compensation offer.

Policy Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Infinity Property & Casualty in July 2013.

I applied through the company's website. I received an email from an HR representative a little over 3 weeks later asking me to complete a background check authorization form and to call in to make an appointment for testing. I was able to go to the main office to test the next day. The test was very easy. The first was a basic typing test. They give you some material to type for 5 minutes. You get 3 attempts at the typing test. They take your 2 best scores and average them. The next test kind of reminded me of an IQ test. After testing, I was walked back to the main lobby and went home. I received a call 2 days later to schedule an interview for the position. When I arrived for the interview, one manager showed me the facility and then we sat down and started the interview. The interview questions were your basic STAR questions. After we finished, another manager came in and asked me the same amount of questions that were very similar to the first manager's questions. Once I finished my second interview with the second manager, he walked me back to the main lobby and told me I should hear from them in a couple of weeks. Almost 2 weeks later, I received a call from another HR representative who offered me a position. She also emailed me some information for my drug test.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. Their pay rates are pretty competitive.

Initial Action Field Adjuster Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Infinity Property & Casualty in June 2013.

I applied a month ago and they finally called me back from the Cerritos location and asked if i could come in for a skills proficiency and personality test, also write two letters demonstrating my writing and detail skills. So i met with them a couple days later, did what they asked of me, then i met my competition who was applying next to me for the same position i think. So once they told me i passed the tests and written tests they brought me in the same day to meet with two of the hiring managers. Instantly we hit it off! We were laughing and I gained rapport with them automatically. Then here came the fun part, where they actually had roughly about 30 questions to ask me ! I answered them with ease and we started talking about the position. Then they said they would let me know within a day or two if they are interested.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a sudden change in policy/procedures within the company & how did you deal with it, what measures did you take?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation in which you were able to use persuasion to successful convince someone to see things your way?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were faced with a stressful situation that demonstrated your coping skills.   Answer Question
    No negotiation because it was entry-level

Appraiser Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cerritos, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Infinity Property & Casualty in February 2013.

Applied online after a month was called in for assesment testing and inperson interview. In Feb 2013 went for testing and i passed. I was waiting for almost 5 hours to get my turn for in person interview. I was the only one there that was over 35. Everyone else was in their early 20's.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time there was change in policy and how did u handle it. Star question.   Answer Question

Customer Service Consultant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Infinity Property & Casualty in December 2012.

I first applied online, and then they send you another application via email. A week later I received an email from the recruiting manager to call & confirm what day I can come in & test. The test was a typing test you get 3 times to do, with your best 2 used & averaged. The second part is a questionnaire that’s common sense. They walk you out, you really don’t know if you past or not. The following day I get an email from the same recruiting manager that I completed the testing process & need to call & schedule an interview. The interview process can take up to 3hrs, which is in general. Usually with other interviews, the longer interview, the better. I was met by the actual recruiter that was sending the emails. He gave me a tour of the facility. Then we sat down & went over the job overall, schedule, pay, benefits, etc. I was prepared since I had already did my research & was told most of the perks with the emails. Then he sat me with someone & listened to about 5-6 calls, which were pretty quick. Another supervisor came & got me & we got right into the interview process. It lasted about 30-40 mins, depending on your answers. Then he told me another supervisor would be in, basically give you another opportunity to sell yourself. He came in 5 mins later. I was asked just about the same questions, if not they were worded differently. He escorted me to the elevator & told me I should hear something by the end of the following week. I received a phone call within about 5-6 days, probably because of the holiday, just like the supervisor said & was told my paperwork & background came back great & was then extended a job offer & told to complete my drug testing within 48 hrs.

Interview Questions
    I felt that there was no need to negotiate. They are very competitive with the other companies in the area. So I was satisfied with what was offered.

Senior Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied online - interviewed at Infinity Property & Casualty in July 2012.

The interview process begin as soon as you meet with the interviewer. Mine was Will Mayfield and he asked me a question as we were walking to his office. Most questions consist of past sitautions and how you handled each particular situation. Be prepared to answer with specific details. Overall the process was very professional.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how You would handled an irate customer and what steps would you take to quell the situation?   Answer Question

First Notice of Loss Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Infinity Property & Casualty in March 2012.

First it there was skills test which last about 40min.They hire in groups i was told. About 15 people for the typing test. You get three tries. You dont really know if you did good or not .I got a call to fill out another online application and then they called back a day later. And requested an official interview.
     Iast about 1hour and half. Two managers and a long list of questions. they really explained the position. and let me sit w/someon for about 15 min and listen to calls .

Interview Questions
    • name time when you made a mistake and what did you do to prevent it from happening again.   Answer Question
    • how do you deal with stress in your work life?   Answer Question
    • name a time when you went out of your way to help a customer. how did they respond.   Answer Question

they really explained the position and i decided i didnt want to work in a call center and talk phone calls 99%of my day. but i did learn about the claims adjuster position which i asked to be considered for.

Claims Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rancho Cordova, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Infinity Property & Casualty in July 2010.

the process started with a timed test. We were required to answer as many questions as possible within the time limit. I think it was 8 minutes. I finishied the test very quickly so i don't remember exactly what the limit was.

A few weeks after the test I was called in for an interview. I sat with two unit managers and completed a normal interview.
    Two weeks following the interview i received my offer.

Insurance Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Infinity Property & Casualty in February 2010.

Apply Online. Phone interview. Initial interview. Second interview. Skills test covering many aspects for 3 hours. I was really sweating the interview because I thought the other side of the door was going to be challenging and rewarding. Not rewarding. Very challenging. After many years in the job market do I realize that some jobs are a setup for failure from the beginning.

Interview Questions
    After I was hired. I was required to sign a non-compete agreement. After. I was not happy with that at all.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Infinity Property & Casualty in November 2009.

Basic java questions and behaviour questions, like stress handling and team work, etc. techniqual questions include java class, garbage collection and polymophism. Just relax, it's not that complicated. Some JSP questions may also included in the interview. If your know some more advanced exeriences. like Struts and spring. The interview will last about 2 hours, including one on site interview.

Interview Questions

Worked for Infinity Property & Casualty? Contribute to the Community!