Infinium Capital Management

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Junior Trader

I applied in-person and interviewed at Infinium Capital Management.

Interview Details – Interned and was offered a job shortly after. If you work hard, most people notice.

The "interview" was more of a personality test. How you worked with others, what you learned, how you handled high-pressure situations, etc.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult thing you experienced and/or problem you had to solve while interning?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Infinium Capital Management.

Interview Details – An impossible four rounds of interviews for the level that I was interested in. I met about ten different people. Fairly straightforward, asked to explain my background, what my career objectives are. Everyone was friendly and polite. Until the last interview when I got to the HR director. Had me take some online psychology tests and then had me sit in his office so he could explain the results to me. He didn't really have any questions for me.

Interview Question – You have a strong sense of right and wrong!   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Infinium Capital Management.

Interview Details – Three rounds. One was a pretty quick math test and a few logic questions. Met with two sets of senior traders to discuss past experience and interest in the markets. Interview was fairly informal, with very little technical side. Last was a completely irrelevent personality test that may have been straight out of "Redbook."

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Infinium?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Infinium Capital Management in January 2012.

Interview Details – Basically, these guys knew I worked for a company that was a competitor of theirs (in their mind, of course) and basically tried to pump me for information. Be really careful of these guys - they interview for competitive intelligence, and there probably really isn't a job there

Interview Question – How and what my current employer trades...   Answer Question

Equity Derivatives Internship Interview

Equity Derivatives Internship
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Infinium Capital Management in March 2012.

Interview Details – The process started off with a simple phone interview to decide if there is a potential fit with the company. This simply consisted of learning more about me and going through my resume. The following week I went down and had to take a math and logics test early in the morning. This was followed by 9 30-minute interviews. I heard back the following week regarding the outcome of the interviews.

Interview Question – How many gas stations are there in the US?   Answer Question

Trading Analyst Interview

Trading Analyst
Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Infinium Capital Management in November 2011.

Interview Details – Everyone at the company was very nice. After an initial phone interview, I went to the company's headquarters in Chicago. I had to complete a math and logic test before I could continue the process. Both tests were fairly easy. I had five 1:1 interviews and one interview with 2 people. I also interviewed with a partner.

Interview Questions

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Infinium Capital Management in August 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was fairly straightforward, what did you do? what can you do? what do you want to do? Know yourself and what you want to do. This isn't a place to find yourself. You can expect several rounds of interviewing with the top dog ultimately making the yay or nay decision.

Interview Question – Why you? Why here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They are fairly rigid when it comes to salary negotiations. You might be able to give a lower base for more bonus potential but its unlikely anything is going to tilt in your favor.

Junior Trader

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Infinium Capital Management in November 2008.

Interview Details – Very basic interview questions at first. 2nd interview was with senior traders and asked questions related to the markets and options related questions.

Interview Question – Explain the Options Greeks?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate

Worked for Infinium Capital Management? Contribute to the Community!