Inflection

Inflection Interview Questions

2.1

Products Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Inflection in April 2014.

Was Contacted by the recruiter on LinkedIn a month after I applied. Interviewed for 2 weeks and got an offer. VERY SMOOTH PROCESS!

Spoke with the HR for 30 mins, then the Senior PM for another 30. Very casual Conversations.
    The next day I was scheduled for 2 one hour interviews with 2 data scientists each. It was a technical, mostly questions about data analysis and machine learning.

Then spoke with the HR again for 30 mins who then scheduled 3 thirty minute interviews with the platform engineering team for me and 1 thirty minute call with the Co-Founder. All were very casual and conversational!

Very smart and personable folk with a strong emphasis on creating a friendly work environment.

Interview Questions
    • - Inner vs. Outer join in SQL
      - Right vs. Left Join in SQL
      - SOAP vs. REST
      - Python Code
      - Information Retrieval Methods
      - Probability Questions

Answer Question
    Negotiated to increase base salary because I had competitive offers.

Online Marketing Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Inflection.

They were very timely with their responses and scheduling interviews. This has been one of the most positive interview experiences I've had.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Inflection.

I had an in person interview with one of inflection's HR representatives. The interview was very friendly and casual and none of the questions were particularly difficult or unexpected. The company seems very focused on treating employees well. The HR member was unable to answer some of the more detailed questions that I asked.

Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Inflection in January 2014.

Very comfortable and engaging process. Easy process to get to know one another. Casual but very professional.

Interview Questions
    The offer was made on the phone. I was asked if this I approved with my qualifications. I was able to bring more knowledge to the table and they countered with a higher offer. It was fantastic. Very open to what people desire in a salary.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Inflection in March 2013.

The interview process and follow up was too long and disorganized. I was continually following up to see where we were at in the process.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

it was smooth. pretty easy, 4 rounds with different people and teams and all asked me design challenges

Interview Questions
    • nothing difficut as such. But explain why python is better than c#   Answer Question

Data Architect Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Inflection in April 2011.

The a long process where you get to meet with a few different people. The architects are picky, they will give you questions they are trying to solve for years and expect you to solve it right there. They want to walk away feel that they had learned something. They don't care about your background or what your past experience had like. The data system is stuck with using SQL server in the old days. The technology challenge is there because they do not have the right infrasturcture and technlogy. Yet, they still want to find that relational guru who can help them out. It's a very strange interviewing style too. I think i talked to 5 people and 1 person didn't like you. You are out.

Interview Questions
    • How to model different types of insurance policies using relational database? How to query them.   View Answer
    • Why deleting data fro a table does not release space for the db.   View Answer

Design and Engineering Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Inflection in March 2011.

I met them at a career fair. There was a follow up interview by the end of which I had pretty much been offered the job. I had another phone interview with the CEO after to understand the company better and the role I might play. Overall at that time the interview was more about things I had worked on in the past and proving that I was smart, rather than testing specific knowledge.