InfoReliance

Relevance Date Difficulty

Best Internal Recruiter No Longer Works There : ( Interview

Best Internal Recruiter No Longer Works There : (
Dumfries, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at InfoReliance in September 2009.

Interview Details – applied online, received a call from an internal recruiter. the recruiter conducted a technical phone screen. was contacted the next day to request an in person interview. interviewed with 4 people. was made an offer at the end of the interview and accepted.

Interview Question – there really weren't any difficult questions as the position was technical and it involved my major skill set. i suppose they did ask me to identify a weakness (which is one question i never like in an interview). i'm not sure what my answer was, but i guess it worked for them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There really wasn't any. I asked for a salary that was commensurate with my experience and they agreed it was fair and added 5k.

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator
Shaw AFB, SC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at InfoReliance in February 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online through DICE. I received a call form a recruiter within a few days and she setup a technical phone interview. After passing that, I flew up (company expense) to the HQ in Fairfax for a 1:1 interview with a senior partner. It was a very relaxed interview that was mostly behavioral and he wanted to see if I was a good fit. It did not focus on technical skills, but just an overview of my general background.

Interview Question – Describe a situation that was difficult in the workplace and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I gave them a number and they agreed to it. It is best with this company to shoot high and be prepared to accept their counter offer.

Software Consultant Interview

Software Consultant
Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at InfoReliance in September 2009.

Interview Details – The pre-interview process with InfoReliance consisted of a phone interview with an HR-person and two 10-question canned interviews with what I felt were extremely easy questions (although one question was a trick question, but it was still pretty easy).

The in-person interview was very thorough and made me enthusiastic about joining the company. I had a two part interview, first with two technical people and then with my prospective less-technical manager.

The technical interview was very good and we delved into some deep discussions and reviewed fine points. I could tell I was doing well because the interviewers were excited and kept asking more detailed questions. At one point I said something one interview felt was incorrect and he actually blurted out excitedly "You're wrong." and gave what he felt was the correct response. I replied calmly, "There may be a bug in the particular implementation you're using that requires that prefix, but it isn't required according to the official specification." In general, the technical detail of the interview made me excited for the job and working with other smart individuals.

The manager interview was pretty straightforward. He talked all about the project and how it was 80% done and they needed someone to finish after they had to fire the last developer due to an HR-related infringement (I later learned that employee had used a racial slur in referring to a coworker).

Overall, I was pleased with the interview and accepted their offer. Unfortunately, that turned out to be a mistake, but I'll leave that to a separate company review.

Interview Question – In C#, given a question about passing an ArrayCollection of class instances and an ArrayCollection of struct instances, find how to implement the method in each case.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was a bit of a problem, in my opinion. I accepted the job in a Virginia location with the promise that when the contract ended in six months I would be transferred to a DC location. When the contract came close to an end, nobody knew about this promise and there was no DC position available. Actually, every position available had a set of problems associated with it, so I chose to only stay for the initial six-month contract.

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Fairfax, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at InfoReliance in February 2009.

Interview Details – Screening interview. Followed by a panel interview of several levels of employees. An applicant will typically always meet with the same vice president. Whom is the gatekeeper to all hires. Despite, not being an actual line manager. Standard questions. Usually behavioral, ie "How would you handle the following situation...?" etc. Recruiters are pretty good at keeping in touch with applicants.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you? What value can you add?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My advice in negotiating anything is "never accept a first offer". It sets a better tone if you negotiate on something. Ask for $5k more? There usually is a back pocket offer amount higher than what they are offering. Or ask for increase leave based on your years of experience. Most companies will negotiate on that.

Consultant Interview

Consultant

The process took a day - interviewed at InfoReliance in February 2010.

Interview Details – The interview styles vastly different from one person to another. While some employees are very good at asking detailed questions, others may touch a broad-stroke surface.

Worked for InfoReliance? Contribute to the Community!