Infoblox Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

2.6

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Infoblox in July 2015.

Interview

3rd party recruiter got me an interview with hiring manager. 1st phone screen with the hiring manager called me 10 minutes late so I didn't answer. That sets the tone and shows the type of manager this person is. Call got rescheduled with a different hiring person. Went very well so they called me in for a panel interview. The original hiring manager was again 10-15 minutes late. The other IT fill in guy was on time, courteous and had some solid scenario questions as well as have me a good idea of the layout. Hiring manager shows up and has a few scenario based canned questions that I answered in generality terms as well as specifics. He cuts it short and sends in the techs for more in depth technical questions. The two techs, one older gentlemen and a younger kid. The kid seemed peeved from the start or maybe he just had 0 personality. They go through the round robin of technical questions and I answer almost all of them correctly with a huge smile on my face. Entire Interview is over after about an hour and I fee confident I nailed it. I mean I've been doing the desktop thing for about 9'years now so I know what I'm doing. CAMPUS IS AWESOME!! Recruiter feedback from the client was that "I wouldn't be happy working there"

Interview Questions

• What do you do if a users account is locked out constantly?   1 Answer

Pre-Sales Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Infoblox (Dallas, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

interview process went quite smooth and rather quick. They wanted the position filled quickly since they had a deadline to get someone hired and registered for sales kickoff. I interviewed with 4 different guys, including the VP of system engineers. The discussions focused on sales methods, how I handle meetings and certain types of folks in the room. There was very little technical questions since I know the product pretty well.

Negotiation

Very easy. Basically told him what I was making at my last job and he said he couldn't go any higher but could match it (which was what I was wanting anyway)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Infoblox in June 2015.

Interview

Had a series of phone interviews, all very positive, then nothing. No phone calls, no response to e-mails, nothing. This, to me, is very unprofessional behavior. There really should be some standards of professionalism and courtesy that recruiting departments follow, but it's been my experience that many don't. If a prospective employer decides not to select a candidate, they should at least be up front about it.

Interview Questions

• Pretty basic, easy stuff if you have good working knowledge of DNS.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Infoblox.

Interview

phone interview and onsite in person multiple meetings. Nothing out of the ordinary. Several members of engineering team and architects interviewed with a lot of back channel reference checks. It was a little annoying given that they did several back channel references with some other prospective employers.

Senior Software Engineer, Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Infoblox (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

The interview was scheduled very quickly after the phone screen. Phone screens are technical, basic classic questions about linked lists, data structures, linux, networking. Interviewed for about 4 hours, it was nice experience with video conferencing when talking to the remote engineers. Very good facilities and professional staff and high tech interview rooms. Manager was very flexible in discussion of base salary and overall compensation expectations, based on current salary, experience. The only draw back is that the stock is undervalued now, so RSUs they give might not look like a lot, unless you take a bet on the company growth.

Pre Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Infoblox.

Interview

Was not looking ,HR found me online. Multiple calls with Sales Managers, SE Manager, SEs. Went onsite for interview for 2.5 hrs. Was told at the last second by HR that I had to prepare a presentation. Ok, whatever. I whipped something up. Got the sense that SE's are rode hard and put up wet. ( One of the Sales Reps said something to the effect " Oh yeah....we run <a current SE> ragged." )They were very cagy about travel requirements. In one conversation it was %20 in another it was %70. I expressed my reservations and have not heard back. Oh well. It gave me some interview experience and they seemed quite a nice bunch. Ball-buster Sales. Smart Engineers. To bad, I could have helped sell a lot of gear for them.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weaknesses ?   1 Answer

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Infoblox (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Cleared telephonic round and went for onsite interview. Interview process was not professional. I discussed about my expected salary range before interview. After everything got cleared and submitted references and salary slips of current employer, they mentioned designation is not "Principle Engineer" and it is "Sr Software Engineer". Salary also 40K less than what I mentioned before interview. If they can't give what I mentioned, why should they call me for interview. Among all asking for references and salary slips is really irritating. BETTER DON'T GO FOR INTERVIEW WITH THIS COMPANY

They are not honest and professional.

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Infoblox (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

About month long process from start to finish. Started with phone interview with hiring manager and then met with the team for interviews in person, also had lunch onsite. People were pleasant and the company poised to grow with security as a focus. I loved the new facility and feel. Seemed to be people friendly which I like. I have to say that the recruiter who introduced me to the opportunity played a big role in keeping me interested and positioning me well throughout the process. I really appreciated the manager and team who comforted me about the possibility to have a work life balance... outside of major product launches of course :) I am glad I accepted the offer and am enjoying working at Infoblox. Highly recommend it!

Interview Questions

• If I am a prospect considering Palo Alto Networks, and you represent Juniper Networks, how would you convince me to consider your offering for NGFW?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Infoblox.

Interview

Straightforward , no-nonsense interviews. I got to meet important influencers and colleagues that I would be working with. Good blend of challenging technical and business questions. They are trying to evaluate you and not trip you up like in some other companies.

Interview Questions

• What product did you develop in your previous role - and explain how you would change your strategy if one of the several parameters (market, timing, funding, pricing etc.) were drastically changed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got the number I asked for. Fairly straightforward negotiation process.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Infoblox (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Well organized, made to feel welcome, asked good questions and listened. Good interaction resulted in getting to know the people I would be working with. Interviewer was prepared, had reviewed my resume and gave me a positive feeling about the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your domains of expertise and what makes you successful in gaining results?   Answer Question