Infoblox Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Infoblox (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

The interview process was good but it took 10 days to know the result.

Negotiation

That was a low offer I got from them, as I'm interested in that domain I accepted it

Intern - Hourly Interview

Interview

Had phone interview with the manager. Went for 1 hour and they got back to me in 1 week and process is smooth and fast. After that HR rolled out the offer in another 1 week

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Infoblox (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Well organized, made to feel welcome, asked good questions and listened. Good interaction resulted in getting to know the people I would be working with. Interviewer was prepared, had reviewed my resume and gave me a positive feeling about the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your domains of expertise and what makes you successful in gaining results?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer, Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Infoblox (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

The interview was scheduled very quickly after the phone screen. Phone screens are technical, basic classic questions about linked lists, data structures, linux, networking. Interviewed for about 4 hours, it was nice experience with video conferencing when talking to the remote engineers. Very good facilities and professional staff and high tech interview rooms. Manager was very flexible in discussion of base salary and overall compensation expectations, based on current salary, experience. The only draw back is that the stock is undervalued now, so RSUs they give might not look like a lot, unless you take a bet on the company growth.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Infoblox (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

The hiring manager reached out to me directly via email, phone interview, on-site with hiring manager, another analyst, recruiter, and another senior manager. Second on-site scheduled, then requested for a reschedule, then no communication or responses for two weeks. Finally email from hiring manager that they had moved forward with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Do you find that other employers value your graduate degree?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Infoblox (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

2 phone interviews, one with the person whom I had contacted for the position, and one with his manager. After the second interview, they told me I'd know within a week, and let me know I was hired for the position through email.

Senior Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Infoblox (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Took very long to get around to the on site interviews. Recruiters are unprofessional and do not return calls or emails. Only when I could catch someone on the phone, could I find out if they are calling me on site or not. I had 2 on site interviews for 2 different positions. In the end they made me a verbal offer that was less than my current salary. Needless to say, I declined politely. Moreover, the interviewers seemed like they were not into their jobs and really didnt want to be working for Infoblox themselves. They whole atmosphere came across as not a fun place to work.

Interview Questions

• What is Nagle's algorithm?   1 Answer

Offer was lower than my current salary

Pre Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Infoblox.

Interview

Was not looking ,HR found me online. Multiple calls with Sales Managers, SE Manager, SEs. Went onsite for interview for 2.5 hrs. Was told at the last second by HR that I had to prepare a presentation. Ok, whatever. I whipped something up. Got the sense that SE's are rode hard and put up wet. ( One of the Sales Reps said something to the effect " Oh yeah....we run <a current SE> ragged." )They were very cagy about travel requirements. In one conversation it was %20 in another it was %70. I expressed my reservations and have not heard back. Oh well. It gave me some interview experience and they seemed quite a nice bunch. Ball-buster Sales. Smart Engineers. To bad, I could have helped sell a lot of gear for them.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weaknesses ?   1 Answer

Pre-Sales Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Infoblox in June 2015.

Interview

Had a series of phone interviews, all very positive, then nothing. No phone calls, no response to e-mails, nothing. This, to me, is very unprofessional behavior. There really should be some standards of professionalism and courtesy that recruiting departments follow, but it's been my experience that many don't. If a prospective employer decides not to select a candidate, they should at least be up front about it.

Interview Questions

• Pretty basic, easy stuff if you have good working knowledge of DNS.   Answer Question

Pre-Sales Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Infoblox (Dallas, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

interview process went quite smooth and rather quick. They wanted the position filled quickly since they had a deadline to get someone hired and registered for sales kickoff. I interviewed with 4 different guys, including the VP of system engineers. The discussions focused on sales methods, how I handle meetings and certain types of folks in the room. There was very little technical questions since I know the product pretty well.

Negotiation

Very easy. Basically told him what I was making at my last job and he said he couldn't go any higher but could match it (which was what I was wanting anyway)