Infoblox Interview Questions

Updated Jun 4, 2015

2.6

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Infoblox (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Well organized, made to feel welcome, asked good questions and listened. Good interaction resulted in getting to know the people I would be working with. Interviewer was prepared, had reviewed my resume and gave me a positive feeling about the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your domains of expertise and what makes you successful in gaining results?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Infoblox.

Interview

phone interview and onsite in person multiple meetings. Nothing out of the ordinary. Several members of engineering team and architects interviewed with a lot of back channel reference checks. It was a little annoying given that they did several back channel references with some other prospective employers.

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Infoblox (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

About month long process from start to finish. Started with phone interview with hiring manager and then met with the team for interviews in person, also had lunch onsite. People were pleasant and the company poised to grow with security as a focus. I loved the new facility and feel. Seemed to be people friendly which I like. I have to say that the recruiter who introduced me to the opportunity played a big role in keeping me interested and positioning me well throughout the process. I really appreciated the manager and team who comforted me about the possibility to have a work life balance... outside of major product launches of course :) I am glad I accepted the offer and am enjoying working at Infoblox. Highly recommend it!

Interview Questions

• If I am a prospect considering Palo Alto Networks, and you represent Juniper Networks, how would you convince me to consider your offering for NGFW?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Infoblox.

Interview

I got an invite for a phone interview after two or three weeks with the Local Manager, it was a pleasant conversation, questions are not difficult, had one question about how a client is getting an IP address.

Senior Software Engineer, Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Infoblox (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

The interview was scheduled very quickly after the phone screen. Phone screens are technical, basic classic questions about linked lists, data structures, linux, networking. Interviewed for about 4 hours, it was nice experience with video conferencing when talking to the remote engineers. Very good facilities and professional staff and high tech interview rooms. Manager was very flexible in discussion of base salary and overall compensation expectations, based on current salary, experience. The only draw back is that the stock is undervalued now, so RSUs they give might not look like a lot, unless you take a bet on the company growth.

Pre Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Infoblox.

Interview

Was not looking ,HR found me online. Multiple calls with Sales Managers, SE Manager, SEs. Went onsite for interview for 2.5 hrs. Was told at the last second by HR that I had to prepare a presentation. Ok, whatever. I whipped something up.
    Got the sense that SE's are rode hard and put up wet. ( One of the Sales Reps said something to the effect " Oh yeah....we run <a current SE> ragged." )They were very cagy about travel requirements. In one conversation it was %20 in another it was %70. I expressed my reservations and have not heard back. Oh well. It gave me some interview experience and they seemed quite a nice bunch. Ball-buster Sales. Smart Engineers. To bad, I could have helped sell a lot of gear for them.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weaknesses ?   1 Answer

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Infoblox (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Cleared telephonic round and went for onsite interview.
    Interview process was not professional. I discussed about my expected salary range before interview.

After everything got cleared and submitted references and salary slips of current employer, they mentioned designation is not "Principle Engineer" and it is "Sr Software Engineer".

Salary also 40K less than what I mentioned before interview.

If they can't give what I mentioned, why should they call me for interview.

Among all asking for references and salary slips is really irritating.

BETTER DON'T GO FOR INTERVIEW WITH THIS COMPANY

They are not honest and professional.

Ventes internes Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Infoblox (Paris (France)).

Interview

Entretien en face à face avec le Directeur Régional en Europe du Sud, M. Moreno, et l'ancien Service Ventes. Questions sur mon expérience, ma motivation... On m'a dit à la fin qu'on me donnerait rapidement des nouvelles.

Face to face interview with the Regional Manager Southern Europe, Mr Moreno, and the former Inside Sales. Questions about my experience, motivation... Said at the end that they would come back to me very quickly.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Infoblox.

Interview

Straightforward , no-nonsense interviews. I got to meet important influencers and colleagues that I would be working with. Good blend of challenging technical and business questions. They are trying to evaluate you and not trip you up like in some other companies.

Interview Questions

• What product did you develop in your previous role - and explain how you would change your strategy if one of the several parameters (market, timing, funding, pricing etc.) were drastically changed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got the number I asked for. Fairly straightforward negotiation process.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Infoblox (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

2 phone interviews, one with the person whom I had contacted for the position, and one with his manager. After the second interview, they told me I'd know within a week, and let me know I was hired for the position through email.