Informatica

Updated Nov 17, 2014

3.4

40 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Informatica in October 2014.

There were 4 rounds
    1-Technical MCQs (around 45mins)
    2-Subjective Technical round, where we had to write answers and small snippets.(10 questions, 45mins)
    3-Technical Interview
    4-HR Interview

All the rounds were fairly easy, the results of the 1st round was immediately announced, which was impressive, the second round was started immediately after that. Interview questions were mainly on C++, DBMS and Data Structures.

Interview Questions
    • A unix program based on file management was unexpected.   Answer Question

Senior Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Informatica in September 2014.

The most difficult interview i have faced so far in my career. There were 8 rounds in total,
    4 rounds of technical interview (each 1hr) and the rest 4 rounds were non-technical.
    All the 8 rounds were completed in a single day. The complete Interview process was done very professionally and the interview panelists were very patient and supportive throughout.

Interview Questions
    • Design your own hash map. Multiple programs were asked during the technical rounds (around 5-6 pgms). They test your technical knowledge very thoroughly. Make sure you are well prepared before attempting interviews in Informatica.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Informatica in August 2014.

Round 1 : telephonic (Basic java with collections questions)
    F2f : 3 rounds : Each round had one coding exercise (Java File i/o, threads, remove duplicates in a list, print fibonocci series using recursion , binary tree traversal), one design exercise ( Design a logging utility, tiny URL service architecture), SQL Join queries,

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Informatica in April 2014.

Recruiter approached me via social media connection. Very proactive and great in communication (makes you feel comfortable). Total 9-10 rounds of interview cycles varying from technical to the leadership level questions. Also made a presentation to the Senior leadership team of technical architects and managements. Each interview lasted for about an hour.

Started with telephonic interview with questions around connection pooling, sorting for unknown size of a streaming data, etc.

Later onsite full day interviews most of them being technical and few with the senior management and one with HR Business partner.

Technical questions are mostly in the area Informatica is working on like data cleansing, optimization for data staging, metadata management, handling hierarchical structure data, etc. In one of the interview, they made me write the code (of my preferred language) on alteration of binary tree management.

Leadership orientated questions includes how to deal with the situation where you don't know much technical insights but critical for the business; will you accept the challenge or will reject due to lack of confidence behind the technicality of the subject, etc.

Overall great experience with the interview process; however, request to HR to be punctual on the schedules. I had to wait for one hour for one of the interview :(

Interview Questions
    • Already mentioned type of question in previous section.   Answer Question
    It's a fixed price offer! May be you can negotiate on the stock options; from salary point of view, I doubt if you will have success negotiating. But nothing to loose trying out!

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Informatica in April 2014.

I gave two written test than they called for two technical f2f rounds and HR round only if I clear first two technical rounds.
    As per them, I cleared two technical rounds and they asked me to wait in a meeting room for HR round. I waited for 10-15 minutes then they said "HR Manager is busy in meeting. We will call you". I wrote emails, called them and no response, completely unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Questions: convert BST to doubly linked list. Given 2D array of intergers, you can only traverse down and diagonally, find the maximum sum.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Informatica.

First Online Aptitude Round (consisting of objective questions from all core subjects)
    Second Online Round consisted of theory questions and programs
    Followed by 3 technical interview
    Finally had 1 HR interview

No Negotiation

Software Engineer R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Informatica in September 2013.

First round online -all technical questions,multiple choice type.Second round onlie programming in Java/C++.4 rounds of face to face technical interview

Interview Questions
    • There were questions on JAVA collections data structures.Some situations were give and was asked to identify the ideal Java collection to be used   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Informatica in September 2013.

Applied through Campus Recruitment.
    -2 online elimination tests: 1 Objective test, 1 Subject test
    -3 technical interview rounds(some had 4)
    -1 HR interview

The technical interview covered almost all important concepts.
    1)Java-Exception handling, files, Strings
    2)DBMS-Normalization, Queries, Constraints
    3)OS-Paging, Thrashing, Scheduling, Virtualization
    4)Other topics they touched up on were Networks,UNIX, C, C++, Data Structures, Sorting techniques
    5)Puzzles

Senior Oracle Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Informatica in July 2013.

I got a call from hr to attend the interview during Saturday. Once I reached there HR told me that they going to merge two rounds into one. There were around 20+ people for the same round. Once I reached inside room, there were asked simple simple questions with in 5 min and told me that they have done with the round. My concern is that, they asked some booky knowledge questions and did not worried about Real experience and practical scenarios.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online – interviewed at Informatica in July 2013.

Very tedious ,they will take some 7 to 9 rounds.