Informatica

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Informatica in August 2010.

I sent my resume directly to a hiring manager at Informatica. She responded to me very quickly and set me up with phone interviews with a recruiter and herself. I ended up interviewing with many, many people and came in to the office many times. They were extremely thorough. I was consistently informed of status, which I appreciated a great deal as I was interviewing with a few other companies.
Interviews were typically 45 minutes. I spoke with people from many parts of the organization so I didn't mind getting a lot of repeat questions. They were very specific in getting the information they needed. Lots of behavior interviewing where they asked me exactly what I did in previous situations, what the outcomes were, anything I might have done differently etc.
The interviews could be somewhat daunting, but the interviewers were very nice and respectful even when digging deep.
My advise is to hang in there through the interview process. They take longer and they really want to make sure you are the right person. The result is that if you get in you get to work with a lot of exceptionally talented people. You can get a job a lot faster and easier, but it won't be as good a job.

Interview Questions
  • I think the toughest questions were the 'how would you solve x problem' questions. The reason is that they were usually based on real situations that the interviewee didn't have all the necessary information about. You kind of felt like you were giving a 'meh' answer because you just knew there was a lot more data that you'd like to be able to consider. They really just wanted to understand your process and see how you would apply your experience though.   Answer Question
Managers and recruiters are flexible. Tell them where you're at, what other offers you have and just be open and honest. They'll take care of you and make sure you are paid fairly compared to your peers and also compared to the general market.