Informatica

128 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Professional Services Senior Consultant Interview

Professional Services Senior Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Informatica in May 2013.

Interview Details – The Recruiting manager was very professional in communicating and setting up the Interview dates with the Hiring manager and the team. I had 2 rounds of Interview and then after I spoke with the Hiring Manager they made me an offer. Over all Interview process was smooth and very accommodating

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Sales Operations Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Informatica in June 2014.

Interview Details – I was fortunate to get a phone interview from HR. Then a week later the same from the hiring manager. Both individuals were very pleasant. When I found out I was not selected for an onsite interview, HR was nice enough to provide feedback on what improvements I need to make as I continue with my search for employment opportunities.

Interview Question – (All questions were standard)   Answer Question

Informatica VP Global Talent Acquisition responded to this review

Jul 14, 2014

Thank you for taking time to write a review. Really appreciate it. Glad to hear it was a positive experience even though the outcome. Good luck with your next opportunities

Senior Inside Sales Representative Interview

Senior Inside Sales Representative
Austin, TX

Interviewed at Informatica

Interview Details – Application online. Very generic. A bit outdated. was very dissatisfied with the hiring process. I was over qualified for a position as this. I did the similar job for a larger company for years. I was promoted to a higher position. I was willing to take a pay cut and work here because it seemed like a great company and closer to home. I was told there were other candidates better qualified? I'm a top performer at my current company and if I wasn't qualified for this role I am skeptical at whom would be. Maybe they are looking for candidates who are more mediocre

Professional Services Analyst Interview

Professional Services Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Informatica in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through my college job search site for an on campus interview. I then scheduled an interview date online through the campus job search site. The recruiter was very nice the interview was very casual and easy going. It felt more like a conversation than an interview. The recruiter basically went through my resume and asked me to further explain my experiences and skills. The first interview weeds everyone out based on personality and fit for the company/ position. The second one is assesses your technical capabilities (so the recruiter told me)

Interview Question – There were no trick questions in the first round interview. I didn't find any of the questions extremely hard. Just be prepared to verbally provide examples of the work you describe on your resume. For example if you are asked what experience you have with Java you will be asked follow up questions. So if you give examples of a program you wrote to solve some problem they will ask you more details about your code.   Answer Question

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Software Engineer New Grad
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Informatica in February 2013.

Interview Details – 1-Had 2 rounds of technical interview, then 3 on-site technical interviews, 2 non-technical managerial or HR interview by senior directors/managers

2-Typical data structure, core java questions and also projects which were on my resume...they go into pretty details of the project

Interview Question – 1- Asked about when to use volatile keyword in java, double locking for singleton pattern--just Google for answers
2- was also asked to implement reader-writer lock(with precedence to writer) in java...attempted it but I genuinely think its difficult to do in 30 min interview
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager

Interviewed at Informatica

Interview Details – The recruiter seemed very scattered and disorganized. She repeated a few questions twice, sometimes three times. She also asked an illegal question, which I didn't answer. She then asked me to list what previous jobs were NOT on my resume, even though I had more than 15 years listed. She was quite unprofessional and did not focus on accomplishments. She ended the interview in 15 minutes and then emailed me 2 days later to say they selected another candidate.

Interview Question – She asked an illegal question and also asked me to list what previous jobs were NOT on my resume, even though I had more than 15 years listed.   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Product Specialist

I applied online and interviewed at Informatica.

Interview Details – I had applied online for the role a long time back and the HR got back to me asking for a date to talk with the hiring manager. She said the call would be about my background and to get an idea about the position I am interviewing for, but it turned out to be a full fledged technical interview for an hour!

After that, I had 3 more telephonic rounds of 1-hour technical interviews with various members of the team. Once I was done with that, the HR told me that they were happy with my interviews and would fly me on-site to their office at Redwood City for 6 more rounds of interviews! I was very surprised at the number of technical interviews being conducted for a Product Specialist role.

The HR was very helpful in booking the flight tickets as per my convenience and also provided me with a detailed break-up of the people I would be interviewing with and the corresponding timings. They also reimbursed my expenses for the cab to/from the airport and my meals en route.

The on-site interviews were pretty grueling. I had 3 technical interviews with the team members, a lunch/ tech interview with the manager, and one each with a HR and a director. All the interviewers were very friendly and cordial and made sure that I was comfortable and not over-whelmed by the process.

All my rounds, except for one (I am not sure if that round was a "bar raiser", but I couldn't answer many of the technical questions there), went pretty well. The manager seemed happy with my answers and my interest towards the job and the company. But , I received a mail later stating that the team members liked me but they had found a stronger candidate for the position.

Interview Question – They ask you about almost all the major projects and skills in your resume. And just superficial answers or overview about the projects won't suffice as the interviewers are very smart and actually know about most of these things. So, not just brushing up but, a thorough revision of the technologies and projects on the resume is a must.

Most of the questions were about JAVA, C++, databases and OS. A few standard algorithms were asked. It is important that we study about every single line in the job description and required qualification.

There are no brain teasers, puzzles or behavioral questions. Only technical - ranging from multi-threading, synchronization, heap space analysis and debugging to database queries/ drivers, UNIX and virtual memory.
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Recruiting Coordinator
Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Informatica in March 2014.

Interview Details – Very unprofessional Company/HR Staff, set me up with a conference call time and number, I called in 5 mins early, was left on conf. line for 35 mins they had no idea the call was set up or just totally forgot about my scheduled interview.

Interview Question – All their questions were easy to answer, but when I hit them with questions, they didn't like it and even called my recruiter and lied on me then shot the job out to tons of agencies calling me for same job I had just interviewed for 5 mins, ago. How unprofessional is that.   View Answer

Informatica VP Global Talent Acquisition responded to this review

Apr 14, 2014

Thank you for your reply. I take candidate experience & feedback very seriously. Hence why Informatica has been awarded a Candidate Experience industry recognition award 2 years in a row.

I have
... More

QA Intern Interview

QA Intern
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Informatica in March 2014.

Interview Details – Two 1 hour interviews. Both technical. The first one was only technical which included coding, the second was more conversational.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions, I think the interview went well, but I did not get an offer. The first question was finding if there is a cycle in a linked list. Do not remember the second question.   Answer Question

Professional Services Consultant Interview

Professional Services Consultant
Austin, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Informatica in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied via campus recruiting. Got called and Interviewed a few days later. The interviewer was the director of professional services team. He is nice but talkative. Asked a few questions then started to introduce informatica.

Interview Question – Asked my experience regarding data management.   Answer Question

Worked for Informatica? Contribute to the Community!