Informatica

Updated Dec 14, 2014
Updated Dec 14, 2014

3.3

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Informatica in December 2014.

Very easy interview but the interviewer was unprepared! The interviewer didn't greet me and had no idea about the status of my application. He also just hung up after we were done without saying anything but 'Bye'. I solved the questions really fast and when I was done it seemed like he was googling random questions and asking me. Was shocked when I didn't get an offer because I thought I did really well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Informatica.

Applied on campus, had an on campus interview with a director and then on-site interview with 5 engineers and 1 HR manager (but s/he did not show up).

Software Engineer Interview

The interview process has two phases: phone interview and onsite interview. Onsite interview has 4-5 rounds. In the on-site interview, there are technical rounds, a personal interview with HR, and one or more non-technical interview with managers.

Interview Questions
    • The entire process contained a bunch of technical questions. The managers were asking about non-technical (behavioral) questions.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Informatica in October 2014.

I applied through career fair and got a on campus interview call within 3 weeks of application. The experience was good. The interviewer was good and made me comfortable by doing small talk regarding local weather and some past experience.

Interview Questions
    • Interview experience was very good. The interviewer was good and made me comfortable by doing small talk regarding local weather and some past experience. The interview started with describe yourself. Then explain a project from the resume. Then he asked me 2 technical questions. First one was slight modification of Bread first or level exploration of binary tree. And second one was queue implementation having fixed size but if we add after the queue is full we should dequeue and then enqueue the new node.   Answer Question

Senior Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Informatica.

The interview process is a fast one, but fairly hard. Informatica reviews the candidates personality, sales methodology, and energy. Normally it is a three step process where you meet with the team, do a role play, and then meet with the director. it is very well organized, and not a tough process in the sense that the interview panel tries to stump you. The interview panel wants to simply understand what the candidate knows, and their selling technique.

Interview Questions
    Very easy.. Fast.. and Efficient.. When I started my computer was ready to go.

User Experience Platform Interview

Applied through a job fair and got an email from a talent acquisition coordinator with an interview offer. After acceptance and arrangement of interview dates, the coordinator supplied all the information about interviewers. Had two phone interviews with two development managers

Interview Questions
    • Sort a big integer array (say 1 billion size) where all integers are in the range min-max (say 50-100) range R

what is Big-O of time and space

Answer Question

Senior Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application online. Very generic. A bit outdated. was very dissatisfied with the hiring process. I was over qualified for a position as this. I did the similar job for a larger company for years. I was promoted to a higher position. I was willing to take a pay cut and work here because it seemed like a great company and closer to home. I was told there were other candidates better qualified? I'm a top performer at my current company and if I wasn't qualified for this role I am skeptical at whom would be. Maybe they are looking for candidates who are more mediocre

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Informatica in June 2014.

I was fortunate to get a phone interview from HR. Then a week later the same from the hiring manager. Both individuals were very pleasant. When I found out I was not selected for an onsite interview, HR was nice enough to provide feedback on what improvements I need to make as I continue with my search for employment opportunities.

Informatica Response

Jul 14, 2014VP Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking time to write a review. Really appreciate it. Glad to hear it was a positive experience even though the outcome. Good luck with your next opportunities

Marketing Manager Interview

The recruiter seemed very scattered and disorganized. She repeated a few questions twice, sometimes three times. She also asked an illegal question, which I didn't answer. She then asked me to list what previous jobs were NOT on my resume, even though I had more than 15 years listed. She was quite unprofessional and did not focus on accomplishments. She ended the interview in 15 minutes and then emailed me 2 days later to say they selected another candidate.

Interview Questions
    • She asked an illegal question and also asked me to list what previous jobs were NOT on my resume, even though I had more than 15 years listed.   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Informatica.

I had applied online for the role a long time back and the HR got back to me asking for a date to talk with the hiring manager. She said the call would be about my background and to get an idea about the position I am interviewing for, but it turned out to be a full fledged technical interview for an hour!

After that, I had 3 more telephonic rounds of 1-hour technical interviews with various members of the team. Once I was done with that, the HR told me that they were happy with my interviews and would fly me on-site to their office at Redwood City for 6 more rounds of interviews! I was very surprised at the number of technical interviews being conducted for a Product Specialist role.

The HR was very helpful in booking the flight tickets as per my convenience and also provided me with a detailed break-up of the people I would be interviewing with and the corresponding timings. They also reimbursed my expenses for the cab to/from the airport and my meals en route.

The on-site interviews were pretty grueling. I had 3 technical interviews with the team members, a lunch/ tech interview with the manager, and one each with a HR and a director. All the interviewers were very friendly and cordial and made sure that I was comfortable and not over-whelmed by the process.

All my rounds, except for one (I am not sure if that round was a "bar raiser", but I couldn't answer many of the technical questions there), went pretty well. The manager seemed happy with my answers and my interest towards the job and the company. But , I received a mail later stating that the team members liked me but they had found a stronger candidate for the position.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you about almost all the major projects and skills in your resume. And just superficial answers or overview about the projects won't suffice as the interviewers are very smart and actually know about most of these things. So, not just brushing up but, a thorough revision of the technologies and projects on the resume is a must.

Most of the questions were about JAVA, C++, databases and OS. A few standard algorithms were asked. It is important that we study about every single line in the job description and required qualification.

There are no brain teasers, puzzles or behavioral questions. Only technical - ranging from multi-threading, synchronization, heap space analysis and debugging to database queries/ drivers, UNIX and virtual memory.

Answer Question