Informatica Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

3.3

Pre Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Informatica.

Interview

Resume review, HR Pre Chat Filter, Hiring Manager. They then called around to people I knew inside the company and at my existing company. I have never seen such unprofessional people in the good-ol-boys club before. There are MANY recruiters and positions at this company and NO one is coordinated with each other - very odd engagement process. If you talk to the wrong person they cut you from the process. If they don't like something they just stop talking - yet other recruiters will continue to call about available positions. This company is one for the books and I suspect if your cut throat this will be a place for you.

Interview Questions

• What is MDM, ETL and how are you with abrupt directional changes.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Informatica in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through career fair. Got a mail after 2 months that they are interested in taking one hour phone interview, send availability for one 60 minute phone call. I replied them back with suitable time for the interview. After that radio silence. No mail, no call. I followed up twice to check if i am still considered for the position. But didn't receive any reply at all. It was clear to me that I am rejected,but why? This is absurd. How can they reject without even taking interview.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Informatica (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The recruiter was very organized and was impressive. The interaction with the hiring manager was disorganized and they referred to others in the company for guidance. The times and dates were changed several times.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about what skills and experience to determine skill-set. As the interviews progressed more questions involved process and procedure questions. I was very concerned about the manager and other co-workers.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Informatica in March 2015.

Interview

Spoke with a university recruiter via email and scheduled a time for a first technical interview. I got an email for a second technical interview as well as a behavioral interview with a hiring manager. All interviews were conducted via phone and with a shared Google Doc. You code in the Google Doc and the interviewer is watching you write.

Interview Questions

• An anagram of a phrase is another phrase that shares exactly the same letters, rearranged in a different order. Only the character count of letters (a-z) is considered. Write a method that takes two strings and checks to see if the strings contain phrases that are anagrams.   Answer Question
    • Given the string below, find the first non-repeating character   Answer Question
    • How would we find the first most occurring character?   Answer Question
    • Prior to this, we had code that was nearly identical in every way. How would you go through an optimize the code?   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Informatica in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of three separate phone interviews—one with a recruiter, one with the department manager, and one with the hiring manager. After the last interview, I had to complete a writing test.

The writing test consisted of three sections. The first two tested punctuation, grammar, and clarity. The final section was an essay. Give Joseph William's Style: Lessons in Clarity and Grace a read, and you'll do just fine.

Four days later I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in technical communication? How would you go about learning an unfamiliar program?   Answer Question

Employee Communications Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Informatica.

Interview

The interview process was unlike any other I've had, and it was great. I interviewed several times with quite a few people and each conversation was engaging and insightful. It was a longer process than most but I can see why. They want to make sure you are a good fit and are more interested in your career path and reasons for pursuing the specific opportunity than trying to trip you up with irrelevant questions. Questions are designed to see how you would approach a situation or how you've approached in the past. I appreciated that they kept me in the loop throughout my rounds of interviews and saw what was to become a great match!

Interview Questions

• Situation questions: how you have handled something in the past and how you might handle it now.   1 Answer

Informatica Response

Mar 3, 2015VP Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the feedback and welcome aboard. Pleased to see the process was positive. The Candidate Experience is very important to us. Also I'm glad you see the behavioral interview questions ... More

Solutions Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Informatica in February 2015.

Interview

Heard from recruiters. Had to take a test on IQ and puzzle solving took 1 hour for the test. Multiple interviews by phone. Brought into the chicago office and face to face interviews, do a whiteboard, presentation, took many hours. No offer after all that. Then they refused to reimburse my expenses, after saying they would do so. No offer, frustrating experience, felt jerked around. Will never interview again with Informatica. Still no expense reimbursement after repeated requests.

Interview Questions

• what is mdm, do a whiteboard on the customer situation, took 4 hours. No offer. Still waiting ofor expense reimbursement. I( will never itnerview with informatica again.   Answer Question

Informatica Response

Apr 17, 2015VP Global Talent Acquisition

Hello, this is not the normal process and Id like to better understand what happened here to make sure it doesn't happen again. You should be reimbursed for your travel expenses. Pls reach out so I ... More

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

3 phone interviews which went well followed by 4 rounds of 1:1 interview onsite. They have a good engineering team as well as hospitable HRs. Their responses were prompt and overall I was very pleased with Informatica. The process took 4+ weeks.

Interview Questions

• Questions were around multi threading, little bit around machine learning   Answer Question

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Informatica.

Interview

There are around 8 rounds of interview. Each one covers different types skills. It took around one month for me for overall process.

It is observed during the interview how you are understood the problem.

Interview Questions

• More in Technical and technical problem solving skills.   Answer Question

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Informatica.

Interview

The interview process consisted of four one-on-one interviews, with three taking place during the final round. All interviewers were friendly, fair, and professional, asking questions that test one's technical and social aptitude.