Informatica

Getting the Interview

119 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Specialist Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Informatica.

Interview Details – I had applied online for the role a long time back and the HR got back to me asking for a date to talk with the hiring manager. She said the call would be about my background and to get an idea about the position I am interviewing for, but it turned out to be a full fledged technical interview for an hour!

After that, I had 3 more telephonic rounds of 1-hour technical interviews with various members of the team. Once I was done with that, the HR told me that they were happy with my interviews and would fly me on-site to their office at Redwood City for 6 more rounds of interviews! I was very surprised at the number of technical interviews being conducted for a Product Specialist role.

The HR was very helpful in booking the flight tickets as per my convenience and also provided me with a detailed break-up of the people I would be interviewing with and the corresponding timings. They also reimbursed my expenses for the cab to/from the airport and my meals en route.

The on-site interviews were pretty grueling. I had 3 technical interviews with the team members, a lunch/ tech interview with the manager, and one each with a HR and a director. All the interviewers were very friendly and cordial and made sure that I was comfortable and not over-whelmed by the process.

All my rounds, except for one (I am not sure if that round was a "bar raiser", but I couldn't answer many of the technical questions there), went pretty well. The manager seemed happy with my answers and my interest towards the job and the company. But , I received a mail later stating that the team members liked me but they had found a stronger candidate for the position.

Interview Question – They ask you about almost all the major projects and skills in your resume. And just superficial answers or overview about the projects won't suffice as the interviewers are very smart and actually know about most of these things. So, not just brushing up but, a thorough revision of the technologies and projects on the resume is a must.

Most of the questions were about JAVA, C++, databases and OS. A few standard algorithms were asked. It is important that we study about every single line in the job description and required qualification.

There are no brain teasers, puzzles or behavioral questions. Only technical - ranging from multi-threading, synchronization, heap space analysis and debugging to database queries/ drivers, UNIX and virtual memory.
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Informatica in March 2014.

Interview Details – Very unprofessional Company/HR Staff, set me up with a conference call time and number, I called in 5 mins early, was left on conf. line for 35 mins they had no idea the call was set up or just totally forgot about my scheduled interview.

Interview Question – All their questions were easy to answer, but when I hit them with questions, they didn't like it and even called my recruiter and lied on me then shot the job out to tons of agencies calling me for same job I had just interviewed for 5 mins, ago. How unprofessional is that.   View Answer

Flag Interview

Informatica VP Global Talent Acquisition responded to this review

Apr 14, 2014

Thank you for your reply. I take candidate experience & feedback very seriously. Hence why Informatica has been awarded a Candidate Experience industry recognition award 2 years in a row.

I have ... More

QA Intern Interview

Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Informatica in March 2014.

Interview Details – Two 1 hour interviews. Both technical. The first one was only technical which included coding, the second was more conversational.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions, I think the interview went well, but I did not get an offer. The first question was finding if there is a cycle in a linked list. Do not remember the second question.   Answer Question

Professional Services Consultant Interview

Austin, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Informatica in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied via campus recruiting. Got called and Interviewed a few days later. The interviewer was the director of professional services team. He is nice but talkative. Asked a few questions then started to introduce informatica.

Interview Question – Asked my experience regarding data management.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Informatica in November 2013.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a recruiter. Guided me through the interview process. Generally for an entry level position, you expect to have 2 phone interviews followed by an onsite call. I had to go through about 4 interviews before going onsite.
They got me onsite and had a standard 6 round interview. Starting with 3-4 technical rounds with the team members and the last few with the Director and VP of the department.
Interviewers were pretty cool and worked around my strengths and matched them to the requirements of the position.
Entire process took about 6 weeks starting from the recruiters call to the final onsite. Shouldn't have taken this long but the delay was partially because of a tight schedule at my end and unavailability of interviewers due to their busy calenders.
The trip was all paid for. Including all airport transfers, accommodation, meals (no cap on how much you can spend).

Interview Question – Questions were based on my strengths which was Java. But it tested your overall skills and knowledge of all the basic technologies. Included questions and problems on Java, OS details, Networking, Servers, Databases, RDBMS Theory, Designing, Troubleshooting, Case Studies and possibly everything you can think of. The interviews also got a bit of background on my projects and courses.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was given an offer on the spot at the end of all rounds. Negotiated a bit, and accepted the offer.

Territory Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Informatica in January 2014.

Interview Details – I was initially reached out to by a recruiter on LinkedIn. After a brief conversation with them, confirming some of my information and salary requirements, they forwarded me on to a quick phone call with the hiring manager. After this went positively, there was a bit of a delay due to a busy seasonal time however after this passed follow up was quick. The hiring manager flew out to my town and we had a face-to-face conversation that confirmed mutual interest. Several days later, we scheduled a phone call with the VP of that area which was bit more quick - this was immediately followed up by arrangements for me to fly to meet with the hiring manager, the VP and an additional screener (local sales management) to do a presentation. I was provided with a case study and had about two days to develop a pitch with a format of my choosing (conversation, powerpoint, whiteboard etc) that uniquely positioned Informatica's key products to this customer's business needs. This is about a 15-20 minute long presentation and requires a decent amount of prep both to research the customer and Informatica's product suite. I suggest rehearsing and being prepared.

From there, I was told there would be one final conversation with the VP of North America. I think our presentation styles were not quite aligned, so that conversation was never scheduled. My understanding was that this was the last step before the offer process started.

Final note- I did have to pay some of the travel expenses for the roleplay out of pocket, however I was reimbursed completely and quickly by Informatica.

Interview Question – 15-20 minute roleplay with three executives   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Informatica.

Interview Details – Applied online on college career website, and 1 hour interview took place on campus. Basic interview questions were asked along with things listed on my resume. Technical questions about programming were also asked (things I was not familiar with).

Interview Question – None in particular   Answer Question

Senior Inside Sales Representative Interview

Senior Inside Sales Representative
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Informatica in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by a third party screener that asked questions regarding what sales idealogy I use today, previous career information and why Informatica. Afterwards, she told me I would move to the next stage and hear from a corporate recruiter.

The recruiter was extremely nice and we dived a bit deeper in my background, career path, what I knew about the company and what I should expect throughout the process and salary expectations. She told me I would be hearing from the hiring manager. Due to current business trips with my company at the time, Informatica was very accomodating to my busy schedule and moving things around.

Hiring manager phone call was very easy and laid back. This was just getting a better idea of who I was and finding out more about who my manager was. It was done so on a personal level without getting personal if that makes sense. I would move onto the panel interview with each sales manager and the sales director.

Panel interviews were 1x1, not panel. Lasted about 20 minutes per manager. So be sure to have a lot of questions you can spread out amongst each interview. You have to remember you're interviewing the company as much as they're interviewing you. I felt some of the questions could've been more challenging. I got quite a few of the old typical interview questions that are tiresome. (what are your weaknesses, etc...) My hiring manager told me I would move to the final stage, Role Play Call.

Role Play Call. I was told it wasn't designed to fail me or trick me. I agree. They did not expect you to know anything about their product and that's ok. It was designed to understand how you dive into a call with a customer. What questions do you ask to discover the basis of the pain point to enable you to upsell in most cases. How you determine who is who within the company, are they budgeted and processes.

Interview Question – After the role play I was asked if I had any questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was made aware of the salary expectations at the beginning of the process and was asked if that was acceptable.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Informatica.

Interview Details – On campus interview. Half time talking about the personal stuff. Asked three questions. One about the preorder traversal of a tree. Second about the implementation of a queue. Last one is about the favorites sites.

Interview Question – Iteratively preorder   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Informatica in November 2013.

Interview Details – There is one round on campus interview. Took 45 minutes. Two simple questions about binary tree traverse and string duplications.

Then there is one day onsite interview. About 5 round totally, each is one hour. No break between interviews (except the lunch). So its a tough day. The questions including design, algorithm, test case, brain teaser...

Interview Question – one brain teaser question.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Informatica

Worked for Informatica? Contribute to the Community!

Informatica Videos

Informatica – Why Work for Us?

We Put Potential to Work We believe the information potential is endless—and data integration is more important than ever. We believe it is the bedrock of truth that enables organizations to ask and answer even more… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Informatica interview questions and advice. All 119 interview reviews posted anonymously by Informatica employees and interview candidates.