Informatica Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

3.3

Pre Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Informatica.

Resume review, HR Pre Chat Filter, Hiring Manager. They then called around to people I knew inside the company and at my existing company. I have never seen such unprofessional people in the good-ol-boys club before. There are MANY recruiters and positions at this company and NO one is coordinated with each other - very odd engagement process. If you talk to the wrong person they cut you from the process. If they don't like something they just stop talking - yet other recruiters will continue to call about available positions. This company is one for the books and I suspect if your cut throat this will be a place for you.

Interview Questions
    • What is MDM, ETL and how are you with abrupt directional changes.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Informatica in March 2015.

I applied through career fair. Got a mail after 2 months that they are interested in taking one hour phone interview, send availability for one 60 minute phone call. I replied them back with suitable time for the interview. After that radio silence. No mail, no call. I followed up twice to check if i am still considered for the position. But didn't receive any reply at all. It was clear to me that I am rejected,but why? This is absurd. How can they reject without even taking interview.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Informatica in March 2015.

The recruiter was very organized and was impressive. The interaction with the hiring manager was disorganized and they referred to others in the company for guidance. The times and dates were changed several times.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions about what skills and experience to determine skill-set. As the interviews progressed more questions involved process and procedure questions. I was very concerned about the manager and other co-workers.   Answer Question

Employee Communications Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Informatica.

The interview process was unlike any other I've had, and it was great. I interviewed several times with quite a few people and each conversation was engaging and insightful. It was a longer process than most but I can see why. They want to make sure you are a good fit and are more interested in your career path and reasons for pursuing the specific opportunity than trying to trip you up with irrelevant questions. Questions are designed to see how you would approach a situation or how you've approached in the past. I appreciated that they kept me in the loop throughout my rounds of interviews and saw what was to become a great match!

Interview Questions
    • Situation questions: how you have handled something in the past and how you might handle it now.   View Answer

Informatica Response

Mar 3, 2015VP Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the feedback and welcome aboard. Pleased to see the process was positive. The Candidate Experience is very important to us. Also I'm glad you see the behavioral interview questions ... More

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Informatica in February 2015.

3 phone interviews which went well followed by 4 rounds of 1:1 interview onsite. They have a good engineering team as well as hospitable HRs. Their responses were prompt and overall I was very pleased with Informatica. The process took 4+ weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were around multi threading, little bit around machine learning   Answer Question

Presales Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Informatica in February 2015.

was approached by recruiter for informatica. several phone and tech screens. then asked to take a 1 hr puzzle solving quuz and psychology tesy. then asked to go into doentown for 3 hour interview. interview was white board presentaton q+a based on hypothetical role play. grueling and drawn out then told not selecting me.

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Informatica.

There are around 8 rounds of interview. Each one covers different types skills. It took around one month for me for overall process.

It is observed during the interview how you are understood the problem.

Interview Questions
    • More in Technical and technical problem solving skills.   Answer Question

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Informatica.

The interview process consisted of four one-on-one interviews, with three taking place during the final round. All interviewers were friendly, fair, and professional, asking questions that test one's technical and social aptitude.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Informatica.

Applied through school career center website and also talked to recruiters during career fair. Got an on campus interview within 10 days. The interview is pretty short, only 60 minutes. The guy who conducted the interview was from the head quarter and has been a software engineer for 20 years. The question he asked was about is pretty easy. It was about Binary Search Tree Traverse. How to do it recursively and iteratively.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Informatica in December 2014.

Very easy interview but the interviewer was unprepared! The interviewer didn't greet me and had no idea about the status of my application. He also just hung up after we were done without saying anything but 'Bye'. I solved the questions really fast and when I was done it seemed like he was googling random questions and asking me. Was shocked when I didn't get an offer because I thought I did really well.