Informatica Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2015

3.3

Technical Suppoert Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Informatica.

Interview

phone . then skype, one on one, in person , on site . its was a long process . one phase after the other . the team interviewed, then lead , manager , hr .

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Informatica.

Interview

I applied on the college job fair. Then I received an email to schedule my first interview. There are two rounds interviews and each is an hour long. After the interview, you will receive an email from them in a week about the result for proceeding to a further step or no chance to go further.

Interview Questions

• Basic implementations of algorithms and data structures.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Informatica.

Interview

2 rounds of in-house interviews. Met with a total of 5 individuals from senior management level (30 min each). Interviewers asked fairly straight forward questions such as tell me about yourself however expecting you to support your responses with examples from your previous job experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about any challenge in your previous job and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Informatica (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The entire process was quick. I had an initial screening with Hiring Manager about my past experiences and some scenario-based questions. The following day he forwarded my profile to his team mates, where I had back-to-back three telephonic interviews with mostly scenario-based and some direct questions on Unix, SQL and DBs. After these interviews, I was called by the recruiter for onsite interviews where I had different levels of interviews with 6 to 7 people. The interviewers ranged from Senior Engineers, Team Leads to Managers. The entire team was very friendly, welcoming and took good care of me.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were based on OS and Databases. The questions ranged from Unix shell scripting to SQL and other languages. Mostly various problematic scenarios were given and we should explain how to solve them. Also, write some scripts in order to get the statistics of the processes that are running for too long and how do you identify the problem and resolve it.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me through email to set up a 15 minute phone interview. She took note of what skills I was comfortable with and asked compensation expectations. After that I had a 30 minute phone interview which was mostly about my work experience. Then I was invited for an onsite interview that was 5 rounds, 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Questions were related to skills listed on my resume. I was asked questions on subjects such as OOP concepts, time complexity, mysql join query given two simple tables, and a question on java collections framework using iterator method. There were some behavioral questions like tell me how you handled a difficult situation working in a team? and why technical support engineer position?   Answer Question

Pre Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Informatica.

Interview

Resume review, HR Pre Chat Filter, Hiring Manager. They then called around to people I knew inside the company and at my existing company. I have never seen such unprofessional people in the good-ol-boys club before. There are MANY recruiters and positions at this company and NO one is coordinated with each other - very odd engagement process. If you talk to the wrong person they cut you from the process. If they don't like something they just stop talking - yet other recruiters will continue to call about available positions. This company is one for the books and I suspect if your cut throat this will be a place for you.

Interview Questions

• What is MDM, ETL and how are you with abrupt directional changes.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Informatica in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through career fair. Got a mail after 2 months that they are interested in taking one hour phone interview, send availability for one 60 minute phone call. I replied them back with suitable time for the interview. After that radio silence. No mail, no call. I followed up twice to check if i am still considered for the position. But didn't receive any reply at all. It was clear to me that I am rejected,but why? This is absurd. How can they reject without even taking interview.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Informatica (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The recruiter was very organized and was impressive. The interaction with the hiring manager was disorganized and they referred to others in the company for guidance. The times and dates were changed several times.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about what skills and experience to determine skill-set. As the interviews progressed more questions involved process and procedure questions. I was very concerned about the manager and other co-workers.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Informatica in March 2015.

Interview

Spoke with a university recruiter via email and scheduled a time for a first technical interview. I got an email for a second technical interview as well as a behavioral interview with a hiring manager. All interviews were conducted via phone and with a shared Google Doc. You code in the Google Doc and the interviewer is watching you write.

Interview Questions

• An anagram of a phrase is another phrase that shares exactly the same letters, rearranged in a different order. Only the character count of letters (a-z) is considered. Write a method that takes two strings and checks to see if the strings contain phrases that are anagrams.   Answer Question
    • Given the string below, find the first non-repeating character   Answer Question
    • How would we find the first most occurring character?   Answer Question
    • Prior to this, we had code that was nearly identical in every way. How would you go through an optimize the code?   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Informatica in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of three separate phone interviews—one with a recruiter, one with the department manager, and one with the hiring manager. After the last interview, I had to complete a writing test. The writing test consisted of three sections. The first two tested punctuation, grammar, and clarity. The final section was an essay. Give Joseph William's Style: Lessons in Clarity and Grace a read, and you'll do just fine. Four days later I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in technical communication? How would you go about learning an unfamiliar program?   Answer Question