Informatica

Updated Sep 26, 2014
Updated Sep 26, 2014

3.3

Senior Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Informatica.

The interview process is a fast one, but fairly hard. Informatica reviews the candidates personality, sales methodology, and energy. Normally it is a three step process where you meet with the team, do a role play, and then meet with the director. it is very well organized, and not a tough process in the sense that the interview panel tries to stump you. The interview panel wants to simply understand what the candidate knows, and their selling technique.

Interview Questions
    Very easy.. Fast.. and Efficient.. When I started my computer was ready to go.

User Experience Platform Interview

Applied through a job fair and got an email from a talent acquisition coordinator with an interview offer. After acceptance and arrangement of interview dates, the coordinator supplied all the information about interviewers. Had two phone interviews with two development managers

Interview Questions
    • Sort a big integer array (say 1 billion size) where all integers are in the range min-max (say 50-100) range R

what is Big-O of time and space
        Answer Question

Senior Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application online. Very generic. A bit outdated. was very dissatisfied with the hiring process. I was over qualified for a position as this. I did the similar job for a larger company for years. I was promoted to a higher position. I was willing to take a pay cut and work here because it seemed like a great company and closer to home. I was told there were other candidates better qualified? I'm a top performer at my current company and if I wasn't qualified for this role I am skeptical at whom would be. Maybe they are looking for candidates who are more mediocre

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Informatica in June 2014.

I was fortunate to get a phone interview from HR. Then a week later the same from the hiring manager. Both individuals were very pleasant. When I found out I was not selected for an onsite interview, HR was nice enough to provide feedback on what improvements I need to make as I continue with my search for employment opportunities.

Informatica Response

Jul 14, 2014VP Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking time to write a review. Really appreciate it. Glad to hear it was a positive experience even though the outcome. Good luck with your next opportunities

Marketing Manager Interview

The recruiter seemed very scattered and disorganized. She repeated a few questions twice, sometimes three times. She also asked an illegal question, which I didn't answer. She then asked me to list what previous jobs were NOT on my resume, even though I had more than 15 years listed. She was quite unprofessional and did not focus on accomplishments. She ended the interview in 15 minutes and then emailed me 2 days later to say they selected another candidate.

Interview Questions
    • She asked an illegal question and also asked me to list what previous jobs were NOT on my resume, even though I had more than 15 years listed.   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Informatica.

I had applied online for the role a long time back and the HR got back to me asking for a date to talk with the hiring manager. She said the call would be about my background and to get an idea about the position I am interviewing for, but it turned out to be a full fledged technical interview for an hour!

After that, I had 3 more telephonic rounds of 1-hour technical interviews with various members of the team. Once I was done with that, the HR told me that they were happy with my interviews and would fly me on-site to their office at Redwood City for 6 more rounds of interviews! I was very surprised at the number of technical interviews being conducted for a Product Specialist role.

The HR was very helpful in booking the flight tickets as per my convenience and also provided me with a detailed break-up of the people I would be interviewing with and the corresponding timings. They also reimbursed my expenses for the cab to/from the airport and my meals en route.

The on-site interviews were pretty grueling. I had 3 technical interviews with the team members, a lunch/ tech interview with the manager, and one each with a HR and a director. All the interviewers were very friendly and cordial and made sure that I was comfortable and not over-whelmed by the process.

All my rounds, except for one (I am not sure if that round was a "bar raiser", but I couldn't answer many of the technical questions there), went pretty well. The manager seemed happy with my answers and my interest towards the job and the company. But , I received a mail later stating that the team members liked me but they had found a stronger candidate for the position.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you about almost all the major projects and skills in your resume. And just superficial answers or overview about the projects won't suffice as the interviewers are very smart and actually know about most of these things. So, not just brushing up but, a thorough revision of the technologies and projects on the resume is a must.

Most of the questions were about JAVA, C++, databases and OS. A few standard algorithms were asked. It is important that we study about every single line in the job description and required qualification.

There are no brain teasers, puzzles or behavioral questions. Only technical - ranging from multi-threading, synchronization, heap space analysis and debugging to database queries/ drivers, UNIX and virtual memory.
        Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Informatica.

Applied online on college career website, and 1 hour interview took place on campus. Basic interview questions were asked along with things listed on my resume. Technical questions about programming were also asked (things I was not familiar with).

Sales Analytics Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Informatica in March 2014.

There were two phone interviews with my future mentor and manager. There were surprisingly no in-person interviews, which I think I would have liked to have. The hiring process was a bit frustrating as the time to accept/decline was really narrow.

Interview Questions
    • There were no technical questions nor anything tricky. It was 100% behavioral.   Answer Question

QA Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Informatica in March 2014.

Two 1 hour interviews. Both technical. The first one was only technical which included coding, the second was more conversational.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions, I think the interview went well, but I did not get an offer. The first question was finding if there is a cycle in a linked list. Do not remember the second question.   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Informatica in March 2014.

Very unprofessional Company/HR Staff, set me up with a conference call time and number, I called in 5 mins early, was left on conf. line for 35 mins they had no idea the call was set up or just totally forgot about my scheduled interview.

Interview Questions
    • All their questions were easy to answer, but when I hit them with questions, they didn't like it and even called my recruiter and lied on me then shot the job out to tons of agencies calling me for same job I had just interviewed for 5 mins, ago. How unprofessional is that.   View Answer

Informatica Response

Apr 14, 2014VP Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your reply. I take candidate experience & feedback very seriously. Hence why Informatica has been awarded a Candidate Experience industry recognition award 2 years in a row.

I have
    ... More

Worked for Informatica? Contribute to the Community!