Informatica

Updated Feb 27, 2015
Updated Feb 27, 2015

3.3

Employee Communications Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Informatica.

The interview process was unlike any other I've had, and it was great. I interviewed several times with quite a few people and each conversation was engaging and insightful. It was a longer process than most but I can see why. They want to make sure you are a good fit and are more interested in your career path and reasons for pursuing the specific opportunity than trying to trip you up with irrelevant questions. Questions are designed to see how you would approach a situation or how you've approached in the past. I appreciated that they kept me in the loop throughout my rounds of interviews and saw what was to become a great match!

Interview Questions
    • Situation questions: how you have handled something in the past and how you might handle it now.   View Answer

Informatica Response

Mar 3, 2015VP Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the feedback and welcome aboard. Pleased to see the process was positive. The Candidate Experience is very important to us. Also I'm glad you see the behavioral interview questions ... More

Presales Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Informatica in February 2015.

was approached by recruiter for informatica. several phone and tech screens. then asked to take a 1 hr puzzle solving quuz and psychology tesy. then asked to go into doentown for 3 hour interview. interview was white board presentaton q+a based on hypothetical role play. grueling and drawn out then told not selecting me.

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Informatica.

There are around 8 rounds of interview. Each one covers different types skills. It took around one month for me for overall process.

It is observed during the interview how you are understood the problem.

Interview Questions
    • More in Technical and technical problem solving skills.   Answer Question

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Informatica.

The interview process consisted of four one-on-one interviews, with three taking place during the final round. All interviewers were friendly, fair, and professional, asking questions that test one's technical and social aptitude.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Informatica.

Applied through school career center website and also talked to recruiters during career fair. Got an on campus interview within 10 days. The interview is pretty short, only 60 minutes. The guy who conducted the interview was from the head quarter and has been a software engineer for 20 years. The question he asked was about is pretty easy. It was about Binary Search Tree Traverse. How to do it recursively and iteratively.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Informatica in December 2014.

Very easy interview but the interviewer was unprepared! The interviewer didn't greet me and had no idea about the status of my application. He also just hung up after we were done without saying anything but 'Bye'. I solved the questions really fast and when I was done it seemed like he was googling random questions and asking me. Was shocked when I didn't get an offer because I thought I did really well.

Direct Response Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Informatica in December 2014.

The process was very straightforward. Their recruiter maintained constant communication throughout and was very candid with feedback. It took approximately two weeks and included a pair of phone conversations and on site interview with the hiring manager. Everything was organized efficiently and everyone was forthright. Their passion for the company was apparent putting any hesitation to rest and assuring that this was the right decision.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Informatica.

Applied on campus, had an on campus interview with a director and then on-site interview with 5 engineers and 1 HR manager (but s/he did not show up).

Software Engineer Interview

The interview process has two phases: phone interview and onsite interview. Onsite interview has 4-5 rounds. In the on-site interview, there are technical rounds, a personal interview with HR, and one or more non-technical interview with managers.

Interview Questions
    • The entire process contained a bunch of technical questions. The managers were asking about non-technical (behavioral) questions.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Informatica in October 2014.

I applied through career fair and got a on campus interview call within 3 weeks of application. The experience was good. The interviewer was good and made me comfortable by doing small talk regarding local weather and some past experience.

Interview Questions
    • Interview experience was very good. The interviewer was good and made me comfortable by doing small talk regarding local weather and some past experience. The interview started with describe yourself. Then explain a project from the resume. Then he asked me 2 technical questions. First one was slight modification of Bread first or level exploration of binary tree. And second one was queue implementation having fixed size but if we add after the queue is full we should dequeue and then enqueue the new node.   Answer Question