Informatica

Updated Apr 13, 2014

Getting the Interview

119 candidate interviews

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Informatica.

Interview Details – On campus interview. Half time talking about the personal stuff. Asked three questions. One about the preorder traversal of a tree. Second about the implementation of a queue. Last one is about the favorites sites.

Interview Question – Iteratively preorder   View Answer

Interviewed at Informatica

Interview Details – There is one campus interview and one onsite interview. People are nice. They seem to love their work. Software developers from different teams (in my case, four teams) will talk to you. They will decide whether you are a good match for their team. HR is responsible for behavior questions.

Interviewed at Informatica

Interview Details – Campus interview, paper based coding and questions about concurrenthashmap, how it is implemented.

Interview Question – ConcurrentHashMap design   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Engineer QA Interview

Software Engineer QA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Informatica.

Interview Details – objective,subjective,2 techinical,hr interviews

Interview Question – average   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Technical Writer

Interview Details – Telephonic followed by written test

Interview Questions

Software Engineering Interview

Interviewed at Informatica

Interview Details – Easy and straight forward. Process completed within a week, starting with recruiter, ending with a talk with the director of the team.

Marketing Communications Interview

Redwood City, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Informatica.

Interview Details – The interview process spanned about four weeks, during which I met with the hiring manager along with four other members of the team—including the head of the department (a VP). I met one-on-one with each of them, and found the interactions to be very engaging, straightforward, disarming, and pleasant. Part of that was a reflection of the overall work climate of their department specifically and of Informatica in general. And part of it was also, no doubt, a function of what was clearly to become a good match between me and the team.

Interview Question – I don't recall any difficult or unexpected questions. I did not feel that any of the interviewers were trying to test me, per se, nor had any particular agenda of questioning. Rather, each of them conversed with me in a way that seemed to get an overall sense of how well I would integrate into their team and the organization as a whole.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was nothing to negotiate. Since I was recruited though a staffing agency, the salary and benefits for the position had been revealed from the very beginning. It was very much in line with my expectations, given the level of responsibilities for the role and my own background and experience.

Software Engineer

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Informatica.

Interview Details – Its tough to crack Informatica. I had almost 7 rounds + HR round. The grilled me on Data structures and algorithms, problem solving and basic java.

Interview Question – Data Structure   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation becomes tough

Software Engineer

Interview Details – Mine was an on-campus recruitment.
The process had 2 written rounds - 1 online objective + 1 subjective.
Followed by 3 technical rounds and 1 HR round.

Interview Question – They focus mainly on memory and pointers.   Answer Question

Technical Delivery Manager Interview

Technical Delivery Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Informatica.

Interview Details – Technical based interviews focused on both product knowledge as well as implementation. It is important to know process. Product knowledge can always be gained. As long as presenting knowledge on how to scope/address issues/handle problems the interviewee will do fine. Interviewers are looking for real word experience.

Interview Question – Identify the most challenging time you had on a project. How did you solve the problem.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Informatica

Worked for Informatica? Contribute to the Community!

Informatica Videos

Informatica – Why Work for Us?

We Put Potential to Work We believe the information potential is endless—and data integration is more important than ever. We believe it is the bedrock of truth that enables organizations to ask and answer even more… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Informatica interview questions and advice. All 119 interview reviews posted anonymously by Informatica employees and interview candidates.