Informatica Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2015

3.3

Professional Services Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Informatica (Seattle, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

A bit lengthy process with lot of gap between initial screening, was screened twice, seemed like the recruiter forgot the first screening call, Three more interview rounds including Technical, Leadership and soft skills and face to face

Interview Questions

• Informatica Products,Project experiences, Sample scenarios, Soft skills   Answer Question

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Informatica (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The entire process was quick. I had an initial screening with Hiring Manager about my past experiences and some scenario-based questions. The following day he forwarded my profile to his team mates, where I had back-to-back three telephonic interviews with mostly scenario-based and some direct questions on Unix, SQL and DBs. After these interviews, I was called by the recruiter for onsite interviews where I had different levels of interviews with 6 to 7 people. The interviewers ranged from Senior Engineers, Team Leads to Managers. The entire team was very friendly, welcoming and took good care of me.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were based on OS and Databases. The questions ranged from Unix shell scripting to SQL and other languages. Mostly various problematic scenarios were given and we should explain how to solve them. Also, write some scripts in order to get the statistics of the processes that are running for too long and how do you identify the problem and resolve it.   Answer Question

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hubli (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Informatica (Hubli (India)) in July 2014.

Interview

--Eligibility Criteria 7.5 CGPA and above( with No current backlogs) Above 60% in SSLC and PU It was a two day process (Campus Interview) It Consisted of six rounds. One Written test (Technical+Aptitude) 16 students out of 168 shortlisted after written round Technical interview 1 Technical and HR interview 2 Technical and HR interview 3 Technical and HR interview 4 HR interview Each in-person interview (Technical and HR) lasted for 30 to 40 minutes. Finally 4 students were selected Interviewers were very good.

Interview Questions

• Written Test Total Questions: 70 Duration : 80 min Online test with multiple choice questions. --DBMS Major Topics : PL/SQL,SQL queries(proper syntax) , Relational algebra, basic database concepts, transaction properties , DDL,DML & DCL commands(proper syntax), Data models, ER diagrams, Relational Data Model(detail), Views in SQL commands, functional dependencies & normalization --Operating System --Data Structures and Algorithms --Computer Networking --Java code snippet output -- Aptitude (20 Questions) --Quantitative Aptitude Time and work, Races and games, profit and loss, simple arithmetic questions Analytical/Verbal Reasoning   Answer Question

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hubli (India)

Application

Interview

It was a 2 day process. First day was an online test consisting of aptitude,logical reasoning and fundamentals of computer science objective type questions. Second day was the technical and HR interviews. Technical and hr interviews lasted for an hour each. There were totally 4 technical and one hr round. Technical interviews were bit difficult. overall 160+ candidates attended the interview process only 16 were shortlisted after round 1. Finally 4 candidates were selected and offered internship and full-time.

Technical Suppoert Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Informatica.

Interview

phone . then skype, one on one, in person , on site . its was a long process . one phase after the other . the team interviewed, then lead , manager , hr .

Senior Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Informatica (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2014.

Interview

Very relevant questions asked at 2nd interview stage (group interviews. . Painless and professional approach. Never once was did the interviewer ask a trick or stupid question. Didn't quiz me on my knowledge aboutInformatica or the solutions. All the interviewer will be interested in is your sales ability and personality. Informatica want sales people not process driven employees .

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some of your failed deals and why you didn't close?   Answer Question

Industry Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maidenhead, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Informatica (Maidenhead, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview from talent scout, phone interview from hiring manager, face to face presentation and question session. All well organized, clear guidance and tips on how to get the best from the process. Worked around challenges over scheduling and provided templates for presentation as well as places to look to research company, videos on youtube, etc. Well organized and lots of communication throughout the process including follow-up calls after each stage.

Direct Response Sales Representatibe Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Informatica (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2015.

Interview

1 HR itw 1 Manager itw 1 Sales & Mkg manager 1 Inside Sales itw: sales play 1 Senior Direct Response Rep itw 1 final itw with Sales & Mkg director + manager A one month wrap, great process with good guidance all the way.

Interview Questions

• STAR Questions. How would you find new business ?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Informatica (Bangalore (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

Good conceptual questions were asked. Recruiters were giving hint to proceed in problem solving. Initial java concepts like static blocks, hash map implementation, immutable classes was asked. Some basic problem solving. Distributed systems were their main area of focus and asked questions based on that. Good experience

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me through email to set up a 15 minute phone interview. She took note of what skills I was comfortable with and asked compensation expectations. After that I had a 30 minute phone interview which was mostly about my work experience. Then I was invited for an onsite interview that was 5 rounds, 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Questions were related to skills listed on my resume. I was asked questions on subjects such as OOP concepts, time complexity, mysql join query given two simple tables, and a question on java collections framework using iterator method. There were some behavioral questions like tell me how you handled a difficult situation working in a team? and why technical support engineer position?   Answer Question