Informatica

Updated Dec 14, 2014
Updated Dec 14, 2014

3.3

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Informatica.

Applied online on college career website, and 1 hour interview took place on campus. Basic interview questions were asked along with things listed on my resume. Technical questions about programming were also asked (things I was not familiar with).

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Informatica in March 2014.

Very unprofessional Company/HR Staff, set me up with a conference call time and number, I called in 5 mins early, was left on conf. line for 35 mins they had no idea the call was set up or just totally forgot about my scheduled interview.

Interview Questions
    • All their questions were easy to answer, but when I hit them with questions, they didn't like it and even called my recruiter and lied on me then shot the job out to tons of agencies calling me for same job I had just interviewed for 5 mins, ago. How unprofessional is that.   View Answer

Informatica Response

Apr 14, 2014VP Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your reply. I take candidate experience & feedback very seriously. Hence why Informatica has been awarded a Candidate Experience industry recognition award 2 years in a row.

I have
    ... More

Sales Analytics Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Informatica in March 2014.

There were two phone interviews with my future mentor and manager. There were surprisingly no in-person interviews, which I think I would have liked to have. The hiring process was a bit frustrating as the time to accept/decline was really narrow.

Interview Questions
    • There were no technical questions nor anything tricky. It was 100% behavioral.   Answer Question

QA Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Informatica in March 2014.

Two 1 hour interviews. Both technical. The first one was only technical which included coding, the second was more conversational.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions, I think the interview went well, but I did not get an offer. The first question was finding if there is a cycle in a linked list. Do not remember the second question.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Informatica.

On campus interview. Half time talking about the personal stuff. Asked three questions. One about the preorder traversal of a tree. Second about the implementation of a queue. Last one is about the favorites sites.

Professional Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Informatica in February 2014.

I applied via campus recruiting. Got called and Interviewed a few days later. The interviewer was the director of professional services team. He is nice but talkative. Asked a few questions then started to introduce informatica.

Professional Services Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Informatica in February 2014.

I applied through my college job search site for an on campus interview. I then scheduled an interview date online through the campus job search site. The recruiter was very nice the interview was very casual and easy going. It felt more like a conversation than an interview. The recruiter basically went through my resume and asked me to further explain my experiences and skills. The first interview weeds everyone out based on personality and fit for the company/ position. The second one is assesses your technical capabilities (so the recruiter told me)

Interview Questions
    • There were no trick questions in the first round interview. I didn't find any of the questions extremely hard. Just be prepared to verbally provide examples of the work you describe on your resume. For example if you are asked what experience you have with Java you will be asked follow up questions. So if you give examples of a program you wrote to solve some problem they will ask you more details about your code.   Answer Question

Territory Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Informatica in January 2014.

I was initially reached out to by a recruiter on LinkedIn. After a brief conversation with them, confirming some of my information and salary requirements, they forwarded me on to a quick phone call with the hiring manager. After this went positively, there was a bit of a delay due to a busy seasonal time however after this passed follow up was quick. The hiring manager flew out to my town and we had a face-to-face conversation that confirmed mutual interest. Several days later, we scheduled a phone call with the VP of that area which was bit more quick - this was immediately followed up by arrangements for me to fly to meet with the hiring manager, the VP and an additional screener (local sales management) to do a presentation. I was provided with a case study and had about two days to develop a pitch with a format of my choosing (conversation, powerpoint, whiteboard etc) that uniquely positioned Informatica's key products to this customer's business needs. This is about a 15-20 minute long presentation and requires a decent amount of prep both to research the customer and Informatica's product suite. I suggest rehearsing and being prepared.

From there, I was told there would be one final conversation with the VP of North America. I think our presentation styles were not quite aligned, so that conversation was never scheduled. My understanding was that this was the last step before the offer process started.

Final note- I did have to pay some of the travel expenses for the roleplay out of pocket, however I was reimbursed completely and quickly by Informatica.

Interview Questions
    • 15-20 minute roleplay with three executives   View Answer

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Contacted by recruiter, phone chat with recruiter, director of recruiting, and hiring manager before being invited to an onsite interview. Onsite interviewed with hiring manager and a couple of architects on real life system level design problems. No tricky questions and no code writing, but details are generally sketchy, though detail answers are expected.

Interview Questions
    • We need to build software for customers to integrate their data. How do you build this software?   Answer Question

Marketing Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Informatica.

The interview process spanned about four weeks, during which I met with the hiring manager along with four other members of the team—including the head of the department (a VP). I met one-on-one with each of them, and found the interactions to be very engaging, straightforward, disarming, and pleasant. Part of that was a reflection of the overall work climate of their department specifically and of Informatica in general. And part of it was also, no doubt, a function of what was clearly to become a good match between me and the team.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall any difficult or unexpected questions. I did not feel that any of the interviewers were trying to test me, per se, nor had any particular agenda of questioning. Rather, each of them conversed with me in a way that seemed to get an overall sense of how well I would integrate into their team and the organization as a whole.   Answer Question
    There was nothing to negotiate. Since I was recruited though a staffing agency, the salary and benefits for the position had been revealed from the very beginning. It was very much in line with my expectations, given the level of responsibilities for the role and my own background and experience.