Informatica

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer
Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Informatica in November 2013.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a recruiter. Guided me through the interview process. Generally for an entry level position, you expect to have 2 phone interviews followed by an onsite call. I had to go through about 4 interviews before going onsite.
They got me onsite and had a standard 6 round interview. Starting with 3-4 technical rounds with the team members and the last few with the Director and VP of the department.
Interviewers were pretty cool and worked around my strengths and matched them to the requirements of the position.
Entire process took about 6 weeks starting from the recruiters call to the final onsite. Shouldn't have taken this long but the delay was partially because of a tight schedule at my end and unavailability of interviewers due to their busy calenders.
The trip was all paid for. Including all airport transfers, accommodation, meals (no cap on how much you can spend).

Interview Question – Questions were based on my strengths which was Java. But it tested your overall skills and knowledge of all the basic technologies. Included questions and problems on Java, OS details, Networking, Servers, Databases, RDBMS Theory, Designing, Troubleshooting, Case Studies and possibly everything you can think of. The interviews also got a bit of background on my projects and courses.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was given an offer on the spot at the end of all rounds. Negotiated a bit, and accepted the offer.

Territory Account Manager Interview

Territory Account Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Informatica in January 2014.

Interview Details – I was initially reached out to by a recruiter on LinkedIn. After a brief conversation with them, confirming some of my information and salary requirements, they forwarded me on to a quick phone call with the hiring manager. After this went positively, there was a bit of a delay due to a busy seasonal time however after this passed follow up was quick. The hiring manager flew out to my town and we had a face-to-face conversation that confirmed mutual interest. Several days later, we scheduled a phone call with the VP of that area which was bit more quick - this was immediately followed up by arrangements for me to fly to meet with the hiring manager, the VP and an additional screener (local sales management) to do a presentation. I was provided with a case study and had about two days to develop a pitch with a format of my choosing (conversation, powerpoint, whiteboard etc) that uniquely positioned Informatica's key products to this customer's business needs. This is about a 15-20 minute long presentation and requires a decent amount of prep both to research the customer and Informatica's product suite. I suggest rehearsing and being prepared.

From there, I was told there would be one final conversation with the VP of North America. I think our presentation styles were not quite aligned, so that conversation was never scheduled. My understanding was that this was the last step before the offer process started.

Final note- I did have to pay some of the travel expenses for the roleplay out of pocket, however I was reimbursed completely and quickly by Informatica.

Interview Question – 15-20 minute roleplay with three executives   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Informatica.

Interview Details – Applied online on college career website, and 1 hour interview took place on campus. Basic interview questions were asked along with things listed on my resume. Technical questions about programming were also asked (things I was not familiar with).

Interview Question – None in particular   Answer Question

Senior Inside Sales Representative Interview

Senior Inside Sales Representative
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Informatica in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by a third party screener that asked questions regarding what sales idealogy I use today, previous career information and why Informatica. Afterwards, she told me I would move to the next stage and hear from a corporate recruiter.

The recruiter was extremely nice and we dived a bit deeper in my background, career path, what I knew about the company and what I should expect throughout the process and salary expectations. She told me I would be hearing from the hiring manager. Due to current business trips with my company at the time, Informatica was very accomodating to my busy schedule and moving things around.

Hiring manager phone call was very easy and laid back. This was just getting a better idea of who I was and finding out more about who my manager was. It was done so on a personal level without getting personal if that makes sense. I would move onto the panel interview with each sales manager and the sales director.

Panel interviews were 1x1, not panel. Lasted about 20 minutes per manager. So be sure to have a lot of questions you can spread out amongst each interview. You have to remember you're interviewing the company as much as they're interviewing you. I felt some of the questions could've been more challenging. I got quite a few of the old typical interview questions that are tiresome. (what are your weaknesses, etc...) My hiring manager told me I would move to the final stage, Role Play Call.

Role Play Call. I was told it wasn't designed to fail me or trick me. I agree. They did not expect you to know anything about their product and that's ok. It was designed to understand how you dive into a call with a customer. What questions do you ask to discover the basis of the pain point to enable you to upsell in most cases. How you determine who is who within the company, are they budgeted and processes.

Interview Question – After the role play I was asked if I had any questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was made aware of the salary expectations at the beginning of the process and was asked if that was acceptable.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Informatica.

Interview Details – On campus interview. Half time talking about the personal stuff. Asked three questions. One about the preorder traversal of a tree. Second about the implementation of a queue. Last one is about the favorites sites.

Interview Question – Iteratively preorder   View Answer

Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Informatica in November 2013.

Interview Details – There is one round on campus interview. Took 45 minutes. Two simple questions about binary tree traverse and string duplications.

Then there is one day onsite interview. About 5 round totally, each is one hour. No break between interviews (except the lunch). So its a tough day. The questions including design, algorithm, test case, brain teaser...

Interview Question – one brain teaser question.   Answer Question

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Staff Software Engineer
Redwood City, CA

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter, phone chat with recruiter, director of recruiting, and hiring manager before being invited to an onsite interview. Onsite interviewed with hiring manager and a couple of architects on real life system level design problems. No tricky questions and no code writing, but details are generally sketchy, though detail answers are expected.

Interview Question – We need to build software for customers to integrate their data. How do you build this software?   Answer Question

Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Informatica in January 2013.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview followed by 5 skype interviews. The questions involved Java threading, datastructures and algorithms. Most of the questions were regular interview questions.

Interview Question – There was a question on blocking queue implementation in Java and another one on traversing an alternate tree structure.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They asked me the details of other offers I had and offered a higher figure. I could negotiate on the joining bonus but not on base salary and stocks.

Senior Inside Sales Representative Interview

Senior Inside Sales Representative
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Informatica in January 2013.

Interview Details – Great! Very friendly, courteous, and professional. One of the primary reasons I chosed Informatica over other offers.

Interview Question – None. Questions were all professional and business related. None of the ridiculous questions asked by other companies.   Answer Question

Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Informatica in October 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted resume at the job fair. Attended an on campus interview (standard algorithmic questions + a design related question). Onsite interview had 4 rounds: 2 algorithmic, one design, one behavioral (with the manager). Quick process, informed of decision within a week.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question