Informatica

3.3

Professional Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Informatica in February 2014.

I applied via campus recruiting. Got called and Interviewed a few days later. The interviewer was the director of professional services team. He is nice but talkative. Asked a few questions then started to introduce informatica.

Professional Services Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Informatica in February 2014.

I applied through my college job search site for an on campus interview. I then scheduled an interview date online through the campus job search site. The recruiter was very nice the interview was very casual and easy going. It felt more like a conversation than an interview. The recruiter basically went through my resume and asked me to further explain my experiences and skills. The first interview weeds everyone out based on personality and fit for the company/ position. The second one is assesses your technical capabilities (so the recruiter told me)

Interview Questions
    • There were no trick questions in the first round interview. I didn't find any of the questions extremely hard. Just be prepared to verbally provide examples of the work you describe on your resume. For example if you are asked what experience you have with Java you will be asked follow up questions. So if you give examples of a program you wrote to solve some problem they will ask you more details about your code.   Answer Question

Territory Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Informatica in January 2014.

I was initially reached out to by a recruiter on LinkedIn. After a brief conversation with them, confirming some of my information and salary requirements, they forwarded me on to a quick phone call with the hiring manager. After this went positively, there was a bit of a delay due to a busy seasonal time however after this passed follow up was quick. The hiring manager flew out to my town and we had a face-to-face conversation that confirmed mutual interest. Several days later, we scheduled a phone call with the VP of that area which was bit more quick - this was immediately followed up by arrangements for me to fly to meet with the hiring manager, the VP and an additional screener (local sales management) to do a presentation. I was provided with a case study and had about two days to develop a pitch with a format of my choosing (conversation, powerpoint, whiteboard etc) that uniquely positioned Informatica's key products to this customer's business needs. This is about a 15-20 minute long presentation and requires a decent amount of prep both to research the customer and Informatica's product suite. I suggest rehearsing and being prepared.

From there, I was told there would be one final conversation with the VP of North America. I think our presentation styles were not quite aligned, so that conversation was never scheduled. My understanding was that this was the last step before the offer process started.

Final note- I did have to pay some of the travel expenses for the roleplay out of pocket, however I was reimbursed completely and quickly by Informatica.

Interview Questions
    • 15-20 minute roleplay with three executives   View Answer

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Contacted by recruiter, phone chat with recruiter, director of recruiting, and hiring manager before being invited to an onsite interview. Onsite interviewed with hiring manager and a couple of architects on real life system level design problems. No tricky questions and no code writing, but details are generally sketchy, though detail answers are expected.

Interview Questions
    • We need to build software for customers to integrate their data. How do you build this software?   Answer Question

Marketing Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Informatica.

The interview process spanned about four weeks, during which I met with the hiring manager along with four other members of the team—including the head of the department (a VP). I met one-on-one with each of them, and found the interactions to be very engaging, straightforward, disarming, and pleasant. Part of that was a reflection of the overall work climate of their department specifically and of Informatica in general. And part of it was also, no doubt, a function of what was clearly to become a good match between me and the team.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall any difficult or unexpected questions. I did not feel that any of the interviewers were trying to test me, per se, nor had any particular agenda of questioning. Rather, each of them conversed with me in a way that seemed to get an overall sense of how well I would integrate into their team and the organization as a whole.   Answer Question
    There was nothing to negotiate. Since I was recruited though a staffing agency, the salary and benefits for the position had been revealed from the very beginning. It was very much in line with my expectations, given the level of responsibilities for the role and my own background and experience.

Software Engineer Interview

There is one campus interview and one onsite interview. People are nice. They seem to love their work. Software developers from different teams (in my case, four teams) will talk to you. They will decide whether you are a good match for their team. HR is responsible for behavior questions.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Informatica in November 2013.

There is one round on campus interview. Took 45 minutes. Two simple questions about binary tree traverse and string duplications.

Then there is one day onsite interview. About 5 round totally, each is one hour. No break between interviews (except the lunch). So its a tough day. The questions including design, algorithm, test case, brain teaser...

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Informatica in November 2013.

Was contacted by a recruiter. Guided me through the interview process. Generally for an entry level position, you expect to have 2 phone interviews followed by an onsite call. I had to go through about 4 interviews before going onsite.
    They got me onsite and had a standard 6 round interview. Starting with 3-4 technical rounds with the team members and the last few with the Director and VP of the department.
    Interviewers were pretty cool and worked around my strengths and matched them to the requirements of the position.
    Entire process took about 6 weeks starting from the recruiters call to the final onsite. Shouldn't have taken this long but the delay was partially because of a tight schedule at my end and unavailability of interviewers due to their busy calenders.
    The trip was all paid for. Including all airport transfers, accommodation, meals (no cap on how much you can spend).

Interview Questions
    • Questions were based on my strengths which was Java. But it tested your overall skills and knowledge of all the basic technologies. Included questions and problems on Java, OS details, Networking, Servers, Databases, RDBMS Theory, Designing, Troubleshooting, Case Studies and possibly everything you can think of. The interviews also got a bit of background on my projects and courses.   View Answer
    Was given an offer on the spot at the end of all rounds. Negotiated a bit, and accepted the offer.

Senior Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Informatica in October 2013.

I was initially contacted by a third party screener that asked questions regarding what sales idealogy I use today, previous career information and why Informatica. Afterwards, she told me I would move to the next stage and hear from a corporate recruiter.

The recruiter was extremely nice and we dived a bit deeper in my background, career path, what I knew about the company and what I should expect throughout the process and salary expectations. She told me I would be hearing from the hiring manager. Due to current business trips with my company at the time, Informatica was very accomodating to my busy schedule and moving things around.

Hiring manager phone call was very easy and laid back. This was just getting a better idea of who I was and finding out more about who my manager was. It was done so on a personal level without getting personal if that makes sense. I would move onto the panel interview with each sales manager and the sales director.

Panel interviews were 1x1, not panel. Lasted about 20 minutes per manager. So be sure to have a lot of questions you can spread out amongst each interview. You have to remember you're interviewing the company as much as they're interviewing you. I felt some of the questions could've been more challenging. I got quite a few of the old typical interview questions that are tiresome. (what are your weaknesses, etc...) My hiring manager told me I would move to the final stage, Role Play Call.

Role Play Call. I was told it wasn't designed to fail me or trick me. I agree. They did not expect you to know anything about their product and that's ok. It was designed to understand how you dive into a call with a customer. What questions do you ask to discover the basis of the pain point to enable you to upsell in most cases. How you determine who is who within the company, are they budgeted and processes.

Interview Questions
    • After the role play I was asked if I had any questions.   View Answer
    I was made aware of the salary expectations at the beginning of the process and was asked if that was acceptable.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Informatica in October 2013.

Submitted resume at the job fair. Attended an on campus interview (standard algorithmic questions + a design related question). Onsite interview had 4 rounds: 2 algorithmic, one design, one behavioral (with the manager). Quick process, informed of decision within a week.