Informatica Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015

3.3

Marketing Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Informatica.

The interview process spanned about four weeks, during which I met with the hiring manager along with four other members of the team—including the head of the department (a VP). I met one-on-one with each of them, and found the interactions to be very engaging, straightforward, disarming, and pleasant. Part of that was a reflection of the overall work climate of their department specifically and of Informatica in general. And part of it was also, no doubt, a function of what was clearly to become a good match between me and the team.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall any difficult or unexpected questions. I did not feel that any of the interviewers were trying to test me, per se, nor had any particular agenda of questioning. Rather, each of them conversed with me in a way that seemed to get an overall sense of how well I would integrate into their team and the organization as a whole.   Answer Question
    There was nothing to negotiate. Since I was recruited though a staffing agency, the salary and benefits for the position had been revealed from the very beginning. It was very much in line with my expectations, given the level of responsibilities for the role and my own background and experience.

Software Engineer Interview

There is one campus interview and one onsite interview. People are nice. They seem to love their work. Software developers from different teams (in my case, four teams) will talk to you. They will decide whether you are a good match for their team. HR is responsible for behavior questions.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Informatica in November 2013.

There is one round on campus interview. Took 45 minutes. Two simple questions about binary tree traverse and string duplications.

Then there is one day onsite interview. About 5 round totally, each is one hour. No break between interviews (except the lunch). So its a tough day. The questions including design, algorithm, test case, brain teaser...

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Informatica in November 2013.

Was contacted by a recruiter. Guided me through the interview process. Generally for an entry level position, you expect to have 2 phone interviews followed by an onsite call. I had to go through about 4 interviews before going onsite.
    They got me onsite and had a standard 6 round interview. Starting with 3-4 technical rounds with the team members and the last few with the Director and VP of the department.
    Interviewers were pretty cool and worked around my strengths and matched them to the requirements of the position.
    Entire process took about 6 weeks starting from the recruiters call to the final onsite. Shouldn't have taken this long but the delay was partially because of a tight schedule at my end and unavailability of interviewers due to their busy calenders.
    The trip was all paid for. Including all airport transfers, accommodation, meals (no cap on how much you can spend).

Interview Questions
    • Questions were based on my strengths which was Java. But it tested your overall skills and knowledge of all the basic technologies. Included questions and problems on Java, OS details, Networking, Servers, Databases, RDBMS Theory, Designing, Troubleshooting, Case Studies and possibly everything you can think of. The interviews also got a bit of background on my projects and courses.   View Answer
    Was given an offer on the spot at the end of all rounds. Negotiated a bit, and accepted the offer.

Senior Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Informatica in October 2013.

I was initially contacted by a third party screener that asked questions regarding what sales idealogy I use today, previous career information and why Informatica. Afterwards, she told me I would move to the next stage and hear from a corporate recruiter.

The recruiter was extremely nice and we dived a bit deeper in my background, career path, what I knew about the company and what I should expect throughout the process and salary expectations. She told me I would be hearing from the hiring manager. Due to current business trips with my company at the time, Informatica was very accomodating to my busy schedule and moving things around.

Hiring manager phone call was very easy and laid back. This was just getting a better idea of who I was and finding out more about who my manager was. It was done so on a personal level without getting personal if that makes sense. I would move onto the panel interview with each sales manager and the sales director.

Panel interviews were 1x1, not panel. Lasted about 20 minutes per manager. So be sure to have a lot of questions you can spread out amongst each interview. You have to remember you're interviewing the company as much as they're interviewing you. I felt some of the questions could've been more challenging. I got quite a few of the old typical interview questions that are tiresome. (what are your weaknesses, etc...) My hiring manager told me I would move to the final stage, Role Play Call.

Role Play Call. I was told it wasn't designed to fail me or trick me. I agree. They did not expect you to know anything about their product and that's ok. It was designed to understand how you dive into a call with a customer. What questions do you ask to discover the basis of the pain point to enable you to upsell in most cases. How you determine who is who within the company, are they budgeted and processes.

Interview Questions
    • After the role play I was asked if I had any questions.   View Answer
    I was made aware of the salary expectations at the beginning of the process and was asked if that was acceptable.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Informatica in October 2013.

Submitted resume at the job fair. Attended an on campus interview (standard algorithmic questions + a design related question). Onsite interview had 4 rounds: 2 algorithmic, one design, one behavioral (with the manager). Quick process, informed of decision within a week.

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Informatica in October 2013.

There were 5 phone interviews and two face-to-face interviews prior to my receiving the offer. Interviews focused primarily on technical skills, and are done by people at various levels in the organization. Informatica is very selective. The interview process is rigorous, but the company is a great place to work once you are hired.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you encountered a situation, during a sales cycle, in which you realized that the product would not work for a customer?   View Answer
    The offer was very competitive, and the process took less than 24 hours.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Informatica.

Pretty standard for college recruiting. Meet them in campus, had on campus interview. After that got 2 phone interviews. Then finally got an on-site interview. The interviews were difficult in general, but they were nice throughout the process. It looked like a very good place to be. They all seemed very happy working there.

Interview Questions
    Didn't negotiate much, got a good offer.

Software Engineering Interview

Easy and straight forward. Process completed within a week, starting with recruiter, ending with a talk with the director of the team.

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Informatica in August 2013.

Recruiter contacted through LinkedIn followed by internal recruiter call.The whole process took about 6 weeks.Initial call from hiring manager followed by face to face interview with the team members and presentation of your choice.All looked positive at this point.The final phone interview with Director who seemed disinterested in the resume.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected or difficult. Questions were mostly behavioral.Presentation round was detailed.   Answer Question