Informatica

Relevance Date Difficulty

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Principal Software Engineer
Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Informatica.

Interview Details – Most of the interview questions are related to algorithm, problem solving and critical thinking. Interviewers are very friendly and do make one feel comfortable. They focus less on coding and more on general design skills.

Interview Question – Questions shape up based on the experience and resume, so it is difficult to identify patterns.   Answer Question

Documentation Intern Interview

Documentation Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Informatica.

Interview Details – Submitted resume, then was asked to email more information about why I was interested in then position. I had a phone interview lasting ~45 minutes, and then a grammar/writing test. The interviewer was my would.be supervisor, and he seemed very knowledgeable and excited about the position. Emails from HR and recruiting were very warm and professional.

Interview Question – What is the best thing you've done and in your life so far?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Informatica.

Interview Details – On campus interview with their technical director (I think). He went through several data structure questions and asked me to write a piece of code. In the code questions I've given the right answer but he asked for an optimization, unfortunately there is actually no where to optimize (since the tables are sorted). He suggested to use hash table, but I was confused and not pointing out that it won't be an optimization. So they never contacted me afterwards.

Interview Questions

• What is the big o of several data structures of insert or search.   Answer Question
  • There are two tables like a relational database table, try to join them. The two tables are sorted.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at Informatica

Interview Details – Campus interview, paper based coding and questions about concurrenthashmap, how it is implemented.

Interview Question – ConcurrentHashMap design   Answer Question

Technical Delivery Manager Interview

Technical Delivery Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Informatica.

Interview Details – Technical based interviews focused on both product knowledge as well as implementation. It is important to know process. Product knowledge can always be gained. As long as presenting knowledge on how to scope/address issues/handle problems the interviewee will do fine. Interviewers are looking for real word experience.

Interview Question – Identify the most challenging time you had on a project. How did you solve the problem.   Answer Question

Software Consultant Interview

Software Consultant
Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Informatica in July 2008.

Interview Details – I was interviewed 3 times. The first interview was a technical interview which was conducted by a senior informatica consultant. My second interview was with their consulting manager. My third and final interview was with the regional director. The people who interviewed me were knowledgeable and welcoming.

Interview Question – My technical interview included lots of detail technical specifics about things relevant to database and informatica products.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not much of any negotiations because the offer made to me was more than I was expecting.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Informatica in March 2012.

Interview Details – There were two on campus interviews (both 30 minutes each). I interviewed with a manager and an engineer. There was a mix of behavioral questions, basic java questions and some brain teasers. The behavioral questions were just your ordinary, "why did you choose computer science?" type. For the java ones, I was asked basic OOP questions and had a do a bit of coding on a piece of paper. The brain teasers were a bit tricky but I think the purpose of those was just to see your thinking process and not necessarily if you got them right or not.

Interview Question – How do you convert a linked list to a complete binary tree structure?   Answer Question

QA/Development Engineer Interview

QA/Development Engineer
Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Informatica in October 2012.

Interview Details – Met Informatica at the Eecs Career Fair and was contacted shortly after by the recruiter for campus interview. Interviewer was not interested much in my resume. Immediately they started firing technical questions at me. Some on data structures, some on concurrency, and locks. Made it through the campus interview and was contacted after about a week and a half for an on-site interview in Redwood City. Recruiter replied very slowly about the details of the on-site interview. Eventually was contacted by someone else to schedule it. The on-site interview was even more technical. The questions are not too bad, but there are just a lot. By the end of the four 1-hr interviews, I got a headache. Treated me to lunch. It seemed like a very nice company, nice people. But definitely one of the most difficult interviews I have had.

Interview Question – Some questions:
Implement a reader-writer lock.
Explain the way Java's memory allocation works (stack, heap, etc).
Swap two ints without using a tmp.
Sort a linked list.
Reverse a linked list.
Analyze the complexity of a program.
How to make a program more efficient.
Length of longest palindrome in a string.
  Answer Question

Senior Inside Sales Representative Interview

Senior Inside Sales Representative
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Informatica in July 2012.

Interview Details – Initial interview call by recruiter went from casual to unprofessional and passive aggressive. The recruiter from New York began the interview with very little preparation and gave no indication of the interview process. Later, the recruiter used passive aggressive statements and false labels to belittle my past jobs and salary expectations. I kept it together and smiled throughout the call. Overall, very poor experience. The worst phone interview I have ever had. Informatica is not the place I would want to work.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult. The recruiter asked if I could start within 2 weeks. And then asked If I could start in a week. It was obvious the recruiter was just interested in toying with me since I never heard from him again. Afterwards emails were not replied to.   Answer Question

Software Engineer QA Interview

Software Engineer QA
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Informatica in July 2012.

Interview Details – There were three interviews over all. First two were phone interviews and the third onsite interview. The phone interviews lasted for 40-50 mins each. Purely technical. They asked questions based on Java and database queries.
The onsite interview lasted for 5 hours including lunch with the manager. Was interviewed by each member of the team. The questions were based on data structures and algorithms only.

Interview Question – the unexpected question was to implement a practical scenario of semaphore using java threads. Had to use wait, notify and all the methods in the Thread class.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Informatica