Informatica

Updated Jan 8, 2015
Updated Jan 8, 2015

3.3

Software Engineer Interview

Campus interview, paper based coding and questions about concurrenthashmap, how it is implemented.

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Informatica in February 2013.

1-Had 2 rounds of technical interview, then 3 on-site technical interviews, 2 non-technical managerial or HR interview by senior directors/managers

2-Typical data structure, core java questions and also projects which were on my resume...they go into pretty details of the project

Interview Questions
    • 1- Asked about when to use volatile keyword in java, double locking for singleton pattern--just Google for answers
      2- was also asked to implement reader-writer lock(with precedence to writer) in java...attempted it but I genuinely think its difficult to do in 30 min interview

Answer Question
    I did not negotiate.

Technical Delivery Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Informatica.

Technical based interviews focused on both product knowledge as well as implementation. It is important to know process. Product knowledge can always be gained. As long as presenting knowledge on how to scope/address issues/handle problems the interviewee will do fine. Interviewers are looking for real word experience.

Interview Questions
    • Identify the most challenging time you had on a project. How did you solve the problem.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Informatica in January 2013.

1 phone interview followed by 5 skype interviews. The questions involved Java threading, datastructures and algorithms. Most of the questions were regular interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • There was a question on blocking queue implementation in Java and another one on traversing an alternate tree structure.   Answer Question
    They asked me the details of other offers I had and offered a higher figure. I could negotiate on the joining bonus but not on base salary and stocks.

Senior Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Informatica in January 2013.

Great! Very friendly, courteous, and professional. One of the primary reasons I chosed Informatica over other offers.

Interview Questions
    • None. Questions were all professional and business related. None of the ridiculous questions asked by other companies.   Answer Question

QA/Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Informatica in October 2012.

Met Informatica at the Eecs Career Fair and was contacted shortly after by the recruiter for campus interview. Interviewer was not interested much in my resume. Immediately they started firing technical questions at me. Some on data structures, some on concurrency, and locks. Made it through the campus interview and was contacted after about a week and a half for an on-site interview in Redwood City. Recruiter replied very slowly about the details of the on-site interview. Eventually was contacted by someone else to schedule it. The on-site interview was even more technical. The questions are not too bad, but there are just a lot. By the end of the four 1-hr interviews, I got a headache. Treated me to lunch. It seemed like a very nice company, nice people. But definitely one of the most difficult interviews I have had.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions:
      Implement a reader-writer lock.
      Explain the way Java's memory allocation works (stack, heap, etc).
      Swap two ints without using a tmp.
      Sort a linked list.
      Reverse a linked list.
      Analyze the complexity of a program.
      How to make a program more efficient.
      Length of longest palindrome in a string.

Answer Question

Senior Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Informatica in July 2012.

Initial interview call by recruiter went from casual to unprofessional and passive aggressive. The recruiter from New York began the interview with very little preparation and gave no indication of the interview process. Later, the recruiter used passive aggressive statements and false labels to belittle my past jobs and salary expectations. I kept it together and smiled throughout the call. Overall, very poor experience. The worst phone interview I have ever had. Informatica is not the place I would want to work.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult. The recruiter asked if I could start within 2 weeks. And then asked If I could start in a week. It was obvious the recruiter was just interested in toying with me since I never heard from him again. Afterwards emails were not replied to.   Answer Question

Software Engineer QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Informatica in July 2012.

There were three interviews over all. First two were phone interviews and the third onsite interview. The phone interviews lasted for 40-50 mins each. Purely technical. They asked questions based on Java and database queries.
    The onsite interview lasted for 5 hours including lunch with the manager. Was interviewed by each member of the team. The questions were based on data structures and algorithms only.

Interview Questions
    • the unexpected question was to implement a practical scenario of semaphore using java threads. Had to use wait, notify and all the methods in the Thread class.   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Informatica in July 2012.

I was contacted by a recruiter within a few days of applying online. His was a short interview, mostly informative. The next day I interviewed with an in-house recruiter. This one was much longer, about 45 minutes, mostly behavioral and background questions. Within a few days I got an e-mail from her saying they were going to pursue other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing all that difficult in the first two phone interviews.   Answer Question

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Informatica in April 2012.

1st round phone interview, around 40mins.
    2nd round 1:1 in person interview at the company with the VP and hiring manager.
    Got offer the next day of 2nd round interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a project that you have been involved that deals with forecasting and pricing models.   Answer Question
    Easy and smooth :)