Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Informatica
- Software Engineer (35)
- Senior Software Engineer (12)
- Technical Support Engineer (11)
- QA Engineer (7)
- Senior Inside Sales Representative (6)
- Senior QA Engineer (6)
- Software Engineer QA (6)
- Principal Software Engineer (4)
- Professional Services, Analyst (4)
- Technical Writer (3)
- Professional Services Senior Consultant (3)
- Product Specialist (3)
- Senior Technical Support Engineer (3)
- Associate Technical Support Engineer (3)
- Technical Consultant (3)
- Software Development Engineer (3)
- Software Engineer Intern (2)
- Marketing Manager (2)
- Intern (2)
- Senior Product Manager (2)
- Senior Consultant (2)
- Engineering (2)
- QA (2)
- Business Analyst (2)
- Direct Response Representative (2)
- Professional Services Analyst (2)
- Technical Architecture Manager (1)
- Software Engineer (R&D) (1)
- Regional Acct Manager (1)
- Employee Communications (1)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Informatica (Maidenhead, England (UK)) in March 2015.
Phone interview from talent scout, phone interview from hiring manager, face to face presentation and question session. All well organized, clear guidance and tips on how to get the best from the process. Worked around challenges over scheduling and provided templates for presentation as well as places to look to research company, videos on youtube, etc. Well organized and lots of communication throughout the process including follow-up calls after each stage.
- How do you measure success? Answer Question
Helpful (3)No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at Informatica (Maidenhead, England (UK)) in May 2014.
Initial HR process was good with multiple conversations with internal HR resource. Interviewer was inexperienced (They were director level so this shouldn't have been the case) and constantly talked throughout the process about their career and how they had got to Director status very unprofessional. It was difficult to answer any question as they always interrupted. However the follow up by the internal recruiter was none existent, calling and email didn't provoke any response - its as if the internal recruiter couldn't face the job of telling you that you were not successfully. For me negative feedback is one of the best ways to improve and it was disappointing that such a large organisation had such inexperienced people. The office itself is in a strange location in the middle of what seems to be old Army type barrack buildings and is very old fashioned in style. However one of the comments at the interview was that Informatica was trying to update itself and transition into a more modern organisation.
- None very few questions and very little opportunity to speak Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (Maidenhead, England (UK)) in February 2012.
Quick and to the point, covered work history, future requirements, quirks, strengths, weaknesses, positives about the company and challenges that the interviewer saw.. but not enough as it turned out!
- What do you want to do with your career Answer Question