Informatica

Updated Oct 30, 2014
Updated Oct 30, 2014

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Informatica.

Applied on campus, had an on campus interview with a director and then on-site interview with 5 engineers and 1 HR manager (but s/he did not show up).

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Informatica in October 2014.

I applied through career fair and got a on campus interview call within 3 weeks of application. The experience was good. The interviewer was good and made me comfortable by doing small talk regarding local weather and some past experience.

Interview Questions
    • Interview experience was very good. The interviewer was good and made me comfortable by doing small talk regarding local weather and some past experience. The interview started with describe yourself. Then explain a project from the resume. Then he asked me 2 technical questions. First one was slight modification of Bread first or level exploration of binary tree. And second one was queue implementation having fixed size but if we add after the queue is full we should dequeue and then enqueue the new node.   Answer Question

QA Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Informatica in March 2014.

Two 1 hour interviews. Both technical. The first one was only technical which included coding, the second was more conversational.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions, I think the interview went well, but I did not get an offer. The first question was finding if there is a cycle in a linked list. Do not remember the second question.   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Informatica in March 2014.

Very unprofessional Company/HR Staff, set me up with a conference call time and number, I called in 5 mins early, was left on conf. line for 35 mins they had no idea the call was set up or just totally forgot about my scheduled interview.

Interview Questions
    • All their questions were easy to answer, but when I hit them with questions, they didn't like it and even called my recruiter and lied on me then shot the job out to tons of agencies calling me for same job I had just interviewed for 5 mins, ago. How unprofessional is that.   View Answer

Informatica Response

Apr 14, 2014VP Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your reply. I take candidate experience & feedback very seriously. Hence why Informatica has been awarded a Candidate Experience industry recognition award 2 years in a row.

I have
    ... More

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Informatica in January 2014.

Contacted by recruiter, phone chat with recruiter, director of recruiting, and hiring manager before being invited to an onsite interview. Onsite interviewed with hiring manager and a couple of architects on real life system level design problems. No tricky questions and no code writing, but details are generally sketchy, though detail answers are expected.

Interview Questions
    • We need to build software for customers to integrate their data. How do you build this software?   Answer Question

Marketing Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Informatica.

The interview process spanned about four weeks, during which I met with the hiring manager along with four other members of the team—including the head of the department (a VP). I met one-on-one with each of them, and found the interactions to be very engaging, straightforward, disarming, and pleasant. Part of that was a reflection of the overall work climate of their department specifically and of Informatica in general. And part of it was also, no doubt, a function of what was clearly to become a good match between me and the team.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall any difficult or unexpected questions. I did not feel that any of the interviewers were trying to test me, per se, nor had any particular agenda of questioning. Rather, each of them conversed with me in a way that seemed to get an overall sense of how well I would integrate into their team and the organization as a whole.   Answer Question
    There was nothing to negotiate. Since I was recruited though a staffing agency, the salary and benefits for the position had been revealed from the very beginning. It was very much in line with my expectations, given the level of responsibilities for the role and my own background and experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Informatica in November 2013.

There is one round on campus interview. Took 45 minutes. Two simple questions about binary tree traverse and string duplications.

Then there is one day onsite interview. About 5 round totally, each is one hour. No break between interviews (except the lunch). So its a tough day. The questions including design, algorithm, test case, brain teaser...

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Informatica in November 2013.

Was contacted by a recruiter. Guided me through the interview process. Generally for an entry level position, you expect to have 2 phone interviews followed by an onsite call. I had to go through about 4 interviews before going onsite.
    They got me onsite and had a standard 6 round interview. Starting with 3-4 technical rounds with the team members and the last few with the Director and VP of the department.
    Interviewers were pretty cool and worked around my strengths and matched them to the requirements of the position.
    Entire process took about 6 weeks starting from the recruiters call to the final onsite. Shouldn't have taken this long but the delay was partially because of a tight schedule at my end and unavailability of interviewers due to their busy calenders.
    The trip was all paid for. Including all airport transfers, accommodation, meals (no cap on how much you can spend).

Interview Questions
    • Questions were based on my strengths which was Java. But it tested your overall skills and knowledge of all the basic technologies. Included questions and problems on Java, OS details, Networking, Servers, Databases, RDBMS Theory, Designing, Troubleshooting, Case Studies and possibly everything you can think of. The interviews also got a bit of background on my projects and courses.   View Answer
    Was given an offer on the spot at the end of all rounds. Negotiated a bit, and accepted the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Informatica in October 2013.

Submitted resume at the job fair. Attended an on campus interview (standard algorithmic questions + a design related question). Onsite interview had 4 rounds: 2 algorithmic, one design, one behavioral (with the manager). Quick process, informed of decision within a week.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Informatica in May 2013.

The process is smooth and very good questions were asked.