Informatica

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Software Engineer New Grad
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Informatica in February 2013.

Interview Details – 1-Had 2 rounds of technical interview, then 3 on-site technical interviews, 2 non-technical managerial or HR interview by senior directors/managers

2-Typical data structure, core java questions and also projects which were on my resume...they go into pretty details of the project

Interview Question – 1- Asked about when to use volatile keyword in java, double locking for singleton pattern--just Google for answers
2- was also asked to implement reader-writer lock(with precedence to writer) in java...attempted it but I genuinely think its difficult to do in 30 min interview
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Recruiting Coordinator
Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Informatica in March 2014.

Interview Details – Very unprofessional Company/HR Staff, set me up with a conference call time and number, I called in 5 mins early, was left on conf. line for 35 mins they had no idea the call was set up or just totally forgot about my scheduled interview.

Interview Question – All their questions were easy to answer, but when I hit them with questions, they didn't like it and even called my recruiter and lied on me then shot the job out to tons of agencies calling me for same job I had just interviewed for 5 mins, ago. How unprofessional is that.   View Answer

Informatica Response

Apr 14, 2014VP Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your reply. I take candidate experience & feedback very seriously. Hence why Informatica has been awarded a Candidate Experience industry recognition award 2 years in a row.

I have
... More

QA Intern Interview

QA Intern
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Informatica in March 2014.

Interview Details – Two 1 hour interviews. Both technical. The first one was only technical which included coding, the second was more conversational.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions, I think the interview went well, but I did not get an offer. The first question was finding if there is a cycle in a linked list. Do not remember the second question.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer
Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Informatica in November 2013.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a recruiter. Guided me through the interview process. Generally for an entry level position, you expect to have 2 phone interviews followed by an onsite call. I had to go through about 4 interviews before going onsite.
They got me onsite and had a standard 6 round interview. Starting with 3-4 technical rounds with the team members and the last few with the Director and VP of the department.
Interviewers were pretty cool and worked around my strengths and matched them to the requirements of the position.
Entire process took about 6 weeks starting from the recruiters call to the final onsite. Shouldn't have taken this long but the delay was partially because of a tight schedule at my end and unavailability of interviewers due to their busy calenders.
The trip was all paid for. Including all airport transfers, accommodation, meals (no cap on how much you can spend).

Interview Question – Questions were based on my strengths which was Java. But it tested your overall skills and knowledge of all the basic technologies. Included questions and problems on Java, OS details, Networking, Servers, Databases, RDBMS Theory, Designing, Troubleshooting, Case Studies and possibly everything you can think of. The interviews also got a bit of background on my projects and courses.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was given an offer on the spot at the end of all rounds. Negotiated a bit, and accepted the offer.

Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Informatica in November 2013.

Interview Details – There is one round on campus interview. Took 45 minutes. Two simple questions about binary tree traverse and string duplications.

Then there is one day onsite interview. About 5 round totally, each is one hour. No break between interviews (except the lunch). So its a tough day. The questions including design, algorithm, test case, brain teaser...

Interview Question – one brain teaser question.   Answer Question

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Staff Software Engineer
Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Informatica in January 2014.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter, phone chat with recruiter, director of recruiting, and hiring manager before being invited to an onsite interview. Onsite interviewed with hiring manager and a couple of architects on real life system level design problems. No tricky questions and no code writing, but details are generally sketchy, though detail answers are expected.

Interview Question – We need to build software for customers to integrate their data. How do you build this software?   Answer Question

Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Informatica in January 2013.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview followed by 5 skype interviews. The questions involved Java threading, datastructures and algorithms. Most of the questions were regular interview questions.

Interview Question – There was a question on blocking queue implementation in Java and another one on traversing an alternate tree structure.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They asked me the details of other offers I had and offered a higher figure. I could negotiate on the joining bonus but not on base salary and stocks.

Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Informatica in October 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted resume at the job fair. Attended an on campus interview (standard algorithmic questions + a design related question). Onsite interview had 4 rounds: 2 algorithmic, one design, one behavioral (with the manager). Quick process, informed of decision within a week.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Marketing Communications Interview

Marketing Communications
Redwood City, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Informatica.

Interview Details – The interview process spanned about four weeks, during which I met with the hiring manager along with four other members of the team—including the head of the department (a VP). I met one-on-one with each of them, and found the interactions to be very engaging, straightforward, disarming, and pleasant. Part of that was a reflection of the overall work climate of their department specifically and of Informatica in general. And part of it was also, no doubt, a function of what was clearly to become a good match between me and the team.

Interview Question – I don't recall any difficult or unexpected questions. I did not feel that any of the interviewers were trying to test me, per se, nor had any particular agenda of questioning. Rather, each of them conversed with me in a way that seemed to get an overall sense of how well I would integrate into their team and the organization as a whole.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was nothing to negotiate. Since I was recruited though a staffing agency, the salary and benefits for the position had been revealed from the very beginning. It was very much in line with my expectations, given the level of responsibilities for the role and my own background and experience.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Principal Software Engineer
Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Informatica in May 2013.

Interview Details – The process is smooth and very good questions were asked.

Interview Question – Some unexpected difficulties with an interviewer   Answer Question

Worked for Informatica? Contribute to the Community!