Informatica

Average Difficulty
26 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Informatica in November 2013.

Interview Details – There is one round on campus interview. Took 45 minutes. Two simple questions about binary tree traverse and string duplications.

Then there is one day onsite interview. About 5 round totally, each is one hour. No break between interviews (except the lunch). So its a tough day. The questions including design, algorithm, test case, brain teaser...

Interview Question – one brain teaser question.   Answer Question

Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Informatica in January 2013.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview followed by 5 skype interviews. The questions involved Java threading, datastructures and algorithms. Most of the questions were regular interview questions.

Interview Question – There was a question on blocking queue implementation in Java and another one on traversing an alternate tree structure.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They asked me the details of other offers I had and offered a higher figure. I could negotiate on the joining bonus but not on base salary and stocks.

Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Informatica in October 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted resume at the job fair. Attended an on campus interview (standard algorithmic questions + a design related question). Onsite interview had 4 rounds: 2 algorithmic, one design, one behavioral (with the manager). Quick process, informed of decision within a week.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Informatica

Interview Details – There is one campus interview and one onsite interview. People are nice. They seem to love their work. Software developers from different teams (in my case, four teams) will talk to you. They will decide whether you are a good match for their team. HR is responsible for behavior questions.

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Informatica.

Interview Details – Pretty standard for college recruiting. Meet them in campus, had on campus interview. After that got 2 phone interviews. Then finally got an on-site interview. The interviews were difficult in general, but they were nice throughout the process. It looked like a very good place to be. They all seemed very happy working there.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate much, got a good offer.

Software Engineering Interview

Software Engineering

Interviewed at Informatica

Interview Details – Easy and straight forward. Process completed within a week, starting with recruiter, ending with a talk with the director of the team.

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Informatica.

Interview Details – On campus interview with their technical director (I think). He went through several data structure questions and asked me to write a piece of code. In the code questions I've given the right answer but he asked for an optimization, unfortunately there is actually no where to optimize (since the tables are sorted). He suggested to use hash table, but I was confused and not pointing out that it won't be an optimization. So they never contacted me afterwards.

Interview Questions

• What is the big o of several data structures of insert or search.   Answer Question
  • There are two tables like a relational database table, try to join them. The two tables are sorted.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Informatica

Interview Details – Campus interview, paper based coding and questions about concurrenthashmap, how it is implemented.

Interview Question – ConcurrentHashMap design   Answer Question

Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Informatica in January 2010.

Interview Details – Standard interviewing process. Phone interview is the used as the filter just like every other company. After you clear that, you are invited to the onsite interview where you are being interviewed by 4 or 5 people (one at a time). The Vice President usually comes in for the final round. The interviews are fairly rigorous but not impossible. They make sure that you know what you say you know.

Interview Question – Java data structures, algorithms   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Informatica in June 2012.

Interview Details – The first question, was explaining about work profile which was good start to demonstrate technical capabilities and make good impression of expertise in domain and technologies. ( this is what we already write in our resume/profile, but it was chance given to explain out yourself).

Next question was to explain out current project architecture and implementation on big board. Here, had interactive session for 5-10 mins on process flow, different pros and cons of architecture design and explaining out how this design works with actual use cases. ( This works out to be good demonstration for what currently doing, so started with explaining project architecture SOA based layered architecture, emphasizing more on J2EE core design pattern, GOF design pattern for creational, behavioral and structural, also talking of solution components and how they are integrated like EJB, Webservices, JMS, Database, Quartz batch scheduler.

Next questions was sort in debate mode on clustering (application running on multiple server) and how application works. More specifically on batch scheduler running in cluster environment. Expectation was high level explanation how Quartz scheduler handlers cluster deployment.

Next question was on making MQ messages transactional in synchronous communication environment. Let's say I have an application which need to send out messages to two databases oracle and sybase, part of record is written in oracle remaining part of same message goes in sybase, so let's say if sybase transaction failed then how would you roll back whole transaction so that data in oracle is not inconsistency with sybase database

Interview Question – Tell me about your project   Answer Question

Worked for Informatica? Contribute to the Community!