Informatica Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2015
Updated Mar 21, 2015

3.3

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Informatica.

Applied through school career center website and also talked to recruiters during career fair. Got an on campus interview within 10 days. The interview is pretty short, only 60 minutes. The guy who conducted the interview was from the head quarter and has been a software engineer for 20 years. The question he asked was about is pretty easy. It was about Binary Search Tree Traverse. How to do it recursively and iteratively.

Other Interview Reviews for Informatica

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Informatica in December 2014.

Very easy interview but the interviewer was unprepared! The interviewer didn't greet me and had no idea about the status of my application. He also just hung up after we were done without saying anything but 'Bye'. I solved the questions really fast and when I was done it seemed like he was googling random questions and asking me. Was shocked when I didn't get an offer because I thought I did really well.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Informatica in December 2014.

Did 6 different interview including two home tasks, all was online via Skype.
    Although i did all interviews (that were in separated days) they never called back to tell me if i passed, also ignored my emails.
    Not recommended as your primary job application.

Interview Questions
    • was asked to survey different system, included there system (OOP style)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Informatica.

Applied on campus, had an on campus interview with a director and then on-site interview with 5 engineers and 1 HR manager (but s/he did not show up).

Software Engineer Interview

The interview process has two phases: phone interview and onsite interview. Onsite interview has 4-5 rounds. In the on-site interview, there are technical rounds, a personal interview with HR, and one or more non-technical interview with managers.

Interview Questions
    • The entire process contained a bunch of technical questions. The managers were asking about non-technical (behavioral) questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

There is one campus interview and one onsite interview. People are nice. They seem to love their work. Software developers from different teams (in my case, four teams) will talk to you. They will decide whether you are a good match for their team. HR is responsible for behavior questions.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Informatica in November 2013.

There is one round on campus interview. Took 45 minutes. Two simple questions about binary tree traverse and string duplications.

Then there is one day onsite interview. About 5 round totally, each is one hour. No break between interviews (except the lunch). So its a tough day. The questions including design, algorithm, test case, brain teaser...

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Informatica in October 2013.

Submitted resume at the job fair. Attended an on campus interview (standard algorithmic questions + a design related question). Onsite interview had 4 rounds: 2 algorithmic, one design, one behavioral (with the manager). Quick process, informed of decision within a week.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Informatica.

Pretty standard for college recruiting. Meet them in campus, had on campus interview. After that got 2 phone interviews. Then finally got an on-site interview. The interviews were difficult in general, but they were nice throughout the process. It looked like a very good place to be. They all seemed very happy working there.

Interview Questions
    Didn't negotiate much, got a good offer.

Software Engineering Interview

Easy and straight forward. Process completed within a week, starting with recruiter, ending with a talk with the director of the team.