Informatica

3.5

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Redwood City, CA
Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Informatica in November 2013.

There is one round on campus interview. Took 45 minutes. Two simple questions about binary tree traverse and string duplications.

Then there is one day onsite interview. About 5 round totally, each is one hour. No break between interviews (except the lunch). So its a tough day. The questions including design, algorithm, test case, brain teaser...

Other Interview Reviews for Informatica

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Informatica in January 2013.

1 phone interview followed by 5 skype interviews. The questions involved Java threading, datastructures and algorithms. Most of the questions were regular interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • There was a question on blocking queue implementation in Java and another one on traversing an alternate tree structure.   Answer Question
    They asked me the details of other offers I had and offered a higher figure. I could negotiate on the joining bonus but not on base salary and stocks.

Anonymous Employee  in  Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Informatica in October 2013.

Submitted resume at the job fair. Attended an on campus interview (standard algorithmic questions + a design related question). Onsite interview had 4 rounds: 2 algorithmic, one design, one behavioral (with the manager). Quick process, informed of decision within a week.

Software Engineer Interview

There is one campus interview and one onsite interview. People are nice. They seem to love their work. Software developers from different teams (in my case, four teams) will talk to you. They will decide whether you are a good match for their team. HR is responsible for behavior questions.

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Informatica.

Pretty standard for college recruiting. Meet them in campus, had on campus interview. After that got 2 phone interviews. Then finally got an on-site interview. The interviews were difficult in general, but they were nice throughout the process. It looked like a very good place to be. They all seemed very happy working there.

Interview Questions
    Didn't negotiate much, got a good offer.

Software Engineering Interview

Easy and straight forward. Process completed within a week, starting with recruiter, ending with a talk with the director of the team.

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Informatica.

On campus interview with their technical director (I think). He went through several data structure questions and asked me to write a piece of code. In the code questions I've given the right answer but he asked for an optimization, unfortunately there is actually no where to optimize (since the tables are sorted). He suggested to use hash table, but I was confused and not pointing out that it won't be an optimization. So they never contacted me afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • What is the big o of several data structures of insert or search.   Answer Question
    • There are two tables like a relational database table, try to join them. The two tables are sorted.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Campus interview, paper based coding and questions about concurrenthashmap, how it is implemented.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Informatica in January 2010.

Standard interviewing process. Phone interview is the used as the filter just like every other company. After you clear that, you are invited to the onsite interview where you are being interviewed by 4 or 5 people (one at a time). The Vice President usually comes in for the final round. The interviews are fairly rigorous but not impossible. They make sure that you know what you say you know.

Software Engineer Interview

interviewed at Informatica in August 2014.

2 rounds of written test then 4 rounds of interview . the first written test included aptitude , technical ie c and java and sql and unix questions .
    second written test included code writing, C programs , shell scripting and sql queries.
    interview focuses mainly on database related questions and puzzles. Be prepared for questions like diff btw dbms, rdbms , ordbms .

Interview Questions
    • be prepared to think out of the box because they ll be asking quite a few puzzles for to solve   Answer Question

Worked for Informatica? Contribute to the Community!