Informatica

Updated Oct 11, 2014

3.5

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

The interview process has two phases: phone interview and onsite interview. Onsite interview has 4-5 rounds. In the on-site interview, there are technical rounds, a personal interview with HR, and one or more non-technical interview with managers.

Interview Questions
  • The entire process contained a bunch of technical questions. The managers were asking about non-technical (behavioral) questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Informatica

Software Engineer Interview

There is one campus interview and one onsite interview. People are nice. They seem to love their work. Software developers from different teams (in my case, four teams) will talk to you. They will decide whether you are a good match for their team. HR is responsible for behavior questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Informatica in November 2013.

There is one round on campus interview. Took 45 minutes. Two simple questions about binary tree traverse and string duplications.

Then there is one day onsite interview. About 5 round totally, each is one hour. No break between interviews (except the lunch). So its a tough day. The questions including design, algorithm, test case, brain teaser...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Informatica in October 2013.

Submitted resume at the job fair. Attended an on campus interview (standard algorithmic questions + a design related question). Onsite interview had 4 rounds: 2 algorithmic, one design, one behavioral (with the manager). Quick process, informed of decision within a week.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Informatica.

Pretty standard for college recruiting. Meet them in campus, had on campus interview. After that got 2 phone interviews. Then finally got an on-site interview. The interviews were difficult in general, but they were nice throughout the process. It looked like a very good place to be. They all seemed very happy working there.

Interview Questions
    Didn't negotiate much, got a good offer.

Software Engineering Interview

Easy and straight forward. Process completed within a week, starting with recruiter, ending with a talk with the director of the team.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Informatica.

On campus interview with their technical director (I think). He went through several data structure questions and asked me to write a piece of code. In the code questions I've given the right answer but he asked for an optimization, unfortunately there is actually no where to optimize (since the tables are sorted). He suggested to use hash table, but I was confused and not pointing out that it won't be an optimization. So they never contacted me afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • What is the big o of several data structures of insert or search.   Answer Question
    • There are two tables like a relational database table, try to join them. The two tables are sorted.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Campus interview, paper based coding and questions about concurrenthashmap, how it is implemented.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Informatica in January 2013.

1 phone interview followed by 5 skype interviews. The questions involved Java threading, datastructures and algorithms. Most of the questions were regular interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • There was a question on blocking queue implementation in Java and another one on traversing an alternate tree structure.   Answer Question
    They asked me the details of other offers I had and offered a higher figure. I could negotiate on the joining bonus but not on base salary and stocks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Informatica in January 2010.

Standard interviewing process. Phone interview is the used as the filter just like every other company. After you clear that, you are invited to the onsite interview where you are being interviewed by 4 or 5 people (one at a time). The Vice President usually comes in for the final round. The interviews are fairly rigorous but not impossible. They make sure that you know what you say you know.