Informatica

Average Difficulty
26 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Campus (Nepal)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Informatica in February 2014.

Interview Details – First contact was on campus at a school job fair. Submitted my resume and got a call within a couple of days to appear for an on campus interview. I only have 5 days in between to prepare for the interview so I definitely could have done better....

Interview Question – In your opinion, how would you design the "model" portion of the model view controller schema for notepad or any text-based editor.   View Answer

Software Engineer

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Informatica.

Interview Details – Its tough to crack Informatica. I had almost 7 rounds + HR round. The grilled me on Data structures and algorithms, problem solving and basic java.

Interview Question – Data Structure   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation becomes tough

Mysore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Informatica in August 2013.

Interview Details – campus recruitment: Initially there was PPT by the company and then 2 written rounds, first multiple choice(20 DMBS questions, 15 C programming questions, 10 apptitude, 10 UNIX and OS questions) and second subjective/descriptive which had questions on shell scripts, puzzles, coding questions and on operating systems).

2 face to face technical interviews.

Interview Question – Nothing very difficult, just strong fundamentals required.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Informatica.

Interview Details – Mine was an on-campus recruitment.
The process had 2 written rounds - 1 online objective + 1 subjective.
Followed by 3 technical rounds and 1 HR round.

Interview Question – They focus mainly on memory and pointers.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source - interviewed at Informatica in May 2013.

Interview Details – 1st Round: Online Exam (10-Aptitude, 4-C programming , 4-database, 4-OS)
2rd Round: Computer Based Descriptive exam (3-C programming, 3-database, 3-OS)
3rd Round: Technical Face to Face (data structure, algorithm design, OS, database, SQL, Java, C, Project )
4th round: Technical face to face (same as above but hard questions )
5th round: HR

Interview Question – no difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – you can try

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Informatica in February 2009.

Interview Details – I had 6 rounds of technical interview.

Interview Question – Core java basics and tricky questions.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I interviewed at Informatica in July 2011.

Interview Details – 2 Tech Written
followed by 2 Tech Interview
1 HR

Interview Question – Written test consisted of threading and string.h functions which you do not expect   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Informatica.

Interview Details – 2 rounds phone were all algorithms. Basically not hard.
Onsite was all about multi-threading. They will go into very detail coding about multithreaded patterns. please be prepared for common patterns.
algorithm questions were quit basic, like tree traverse, sort, graph search. design questions were not hard either. please refresh your memory for common design patterns of OOAD. Java and C++ are both their primary language. you can choose either and helpful to have both.
2 rounds were introduction to 2 different team by their director/manager. One for cloud and hadoop is very fun.

Interview Question – weighted bipartite matching. I guess it's just for fun....implement reader/writer lock with different priority preferences.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Informatica in September 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process is pretty complex. We had 7 rounds, 2 written and 5 rounds of interviews. The first written round was technical objective paper (10 puzzles type problems were also there). The next round was a theory paper which was to test your coding skills and knowledge about some very basic concepts in your field. This was followed by 4 rounds of technical interview. In these 4 rounds, you will be scrutinized properly but the interviewers were really nice and made sure that the person giving the interview feels at ease.
The last one is the HR round and has all basic questions related to yourself and some situation based questions.

Interview Question – If the profile is testing/QA, they will definitely test you if you have the correct mindset for that. They will ask you to test anything that they find in the interview room. It can be an AC Remote, a table, a telephone etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

Interview Details – 6 Rounds. 2 Written + 3 Technical Interviews + 1 H.R. First round has objective questions based upon Data Structures, OS, C. Only technical and no aptitude type questions. Second Round has subjective questions. You have to choose from either C or Java. I chose C. Questions mostly involved pointers and memory allocation concepts and a few algorithmic questions as well. You are expected to point out errors/ predict outputs and also give a detailed explanation for your answers. This round is very important. Do well on this one and your chances of success will increase exponentially. Also most of the eliminations take place after this round. Interviews covered C++, DS, OS, DB Concepts, Projects,and algorithms. Overall level of questions was above average. Prepare your basics well.

Interview Question – Varies for everyone. Nothing predictable as such.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as this was a campus recruitment.