Informatica

Updated Aug 9, 2014

3.5

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Informatica in June 2012.

The first question, was explaining about work profile which was good start to demonstrate technical capabilities and make good impression of expertise in domain and technologies. ( this is what we already write in our resume/profile, but it was chance given to explain out yourself).

Next question was to explain out current project architecture and implementation on big board. Here, had interactive session for 5-10 mins on process flow, different pros and cons of architecture design and explaining out how this design works with actual use cases. ( This works out to be good demonstration for what currently doing, so started with explaining project architecture SOA based layered architecture, emphasizing more on J2EE core design pattern, GOF design pattern for creational, behavioral and structural, also talking of solution components and how they are integrated like EJB, Webservices, JMS, Database, Quartz batch scheduler.

Next questions was sort in debate mode on clustering (application running on multiple server) and how application works. More specifically on batch scheduler running in cluster environment. Expectation was high level explanation how Quartz scheduler handlers cluster deployment.

Next question was on making MQ messages transactional in synchronous communication environment. Let's say I have an application which need to send out messages to two databases oracle and sybase, part of record is written in oracle remaining part of same message goes in sybase, so let's say if sybase transaction failed then how would you roll back whole transaction so that data in oracle is not inconsistency with sybase database

Other Interview Reviews for Informatica

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Campus (Nepal)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus (Nepal)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Informatica in February 2014.

First contact was on campus at a school job fair. Submitted my resume and got a call within a couple of days to appear for an on campus interview. I only have 5 days in between to prepare for the interview so I definitely could have done better....

Interview Questions
    • In your opinion, how would you design the "model" portion of the model view controller schema for notepad or any text-based editor.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Informatica.

Its tough to crack Informatica. I had almost 7 rounds + HR round. The grilled me on Data structures and algorithms, problem solving and basic java.

Negotiation becomes tough

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mysore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mysore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Informatica in August 2013.

campus recruitment: Initially there was PPT by the company and then 2 written rounds, first multiple choice(20 DMBS questions, 15 C programming questions, 10 apptitude, 10 UNIX and OS questions) and second subjective/descriptive which had questions on shell scripts, puzzles, coding questions and on operating systems).

2 face to face technical interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing very difficult, just strong fundamentals required.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Informatica.

Mine was an on-campus recruitment.
    The process had 2 written rounds - 1 online objective + 1 subjective.
    Followed by 3 technical rounds and 1 HR round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source - interviewed at Informatica in May 2013.

1st Round: Online Exam (10-Aptitude, 4-C programming , 4-database, 4-OS)
    2rd Round: Computer Based Descriptive exam (3-C programming, 3-database, 3-OS)
    3rd Round: Technical Face to Face (data structure, algorithm design, OS, database, SQL, Java, C, Project )
    4th round: Technical face to face (same as above but hard questions )
    5th round: HR

you can try

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Informatica in February 2009.

I had 6 rounds of technical interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

interviewed at Informatica in July 2011.

2 Tech Written
    followed by 2 Tech Interview
    1 HR

Interview Questions
    • Written test consisted of threading and string.h functions which you do not expect   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Informatica.

2 rounds phone were all algorithms. Basically not hard.
    Onsite was all about multi-threading. They will go into very detail coding about multithreaded patterns. please be prepared for common patterns.
    algorithm questions were quit basic, like tree traverse, sort, graph search. design questions were not hard either. please refresh your memory for common design patterns of OOAD. Java and C++ are both their primary language. you can choose either and helpful to have both.
    2 rounds were introduction to 2 different team by their director/manager. One for cloud and hadoop is very fun.

Interview Questions
    • weighted bipartite matching. I guess it's just for fun....implement reader/writer lock with different priority preferences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Informatica in September 2012.

The hiring process is pretty complex. We had 7 rounds, 2 written and 5 rounds of interviews. The first written round was technical objective paper (10 puzzles type problems were also there). The next round was a theory paper which was to test your coding skills and knowledge about some very basic concepts in your field. This was followed by 4 rounds of technical interview. In these 4 rounds, you will be scrutinized properly but the interviewers were really nice and made sure that the person giving the interview feels at ease.
    The last one is the HR round and has all basic questions related to yourself and some situation based questions.

Interview Questions
    • If the profile is testing/QA, they will definitely test you if you have the correct mindset for that. They will ask you to test anything that they find in the interview room. It can be an AC Remote, a table, a telephone etc.   Answer Question