Informatica

Updated Dec 24, 2014

3.3

31 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Campus interview, paper based coding and questions about concurrenthashmap, how it is implemented.

Other Interview Reviews for Informatica

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Informatica in January 2013.

1 phone interview followed by 5 skype interviews. The questions involved Java threading, datastructures and algorithms. Most of the questions were regular interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • There was a question on blocking queue implementation in Java and another one on traversing an alternate tree structure.   Answer Question
    They asked me the details of other offers I had and offered a higher figure. I could negotiate on the joining bonus but not on base salary and stocks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Informatica in January 2010.

Standard interviewing process. Phone interview is the used as the filter just like every other company. After you clear that, you are invited to the onsite interview where you are being interviewed by 4 or 5 people (one at a time). The Vice President usually comes in for the final round. The interviews are fairly rigorous but not impossible. They make sure that you know what you say you know.

Software Engineer Interview

interviewed at Informatica in August 2014.

2 rounds of written test then 4 rounds of interview . the first written test included aptitude , technical ie c and java and sql and unix questions .
    second written test included code writing, C programs , shell scripting and sql queries.
    interview focuses mainly on database related questions and puzzles. Be prepared for questions like diff btw dbms, rdbms , ordbms .

Interview Questions
    • be prepared to think out of the box because they ll be asking quite a few puzzles for to solve   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus (Nepal)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus (Nepal)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Informatica in February 2014.

First contact was on campus at a school job fair. Submitted my resume and got a call within a couple of days to appear for an on campus interview. I only have 5 days in between to prepare for the interview so I definitely could have done better....

Interview Questions
    • In your opinion, how would you design the "model" portion of the model view controller schema for notepad or any text-based editor.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Informatica.

Its tough to crack Informatica. I had almost 7 rounds + HR round. The grilled me on Data structures and algorithms, problem solving and basic java.

Negotiation becomes tough

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Informatica.

Mine was an on-campus recruitment.
    The process had 2 written rounds - 1 online objective + 1 subjective.
    Followed by 3 technical rounds and 1 HR round.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mysore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mysore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Informatica in August 2013.

campus recruitment: Initially there was PPT by the company and then 2 written rounds, first multiple choice(20 DMBS questions, 15 C programming questions, 10 apptitude, 10 UNIX and OS questions) and second subjective/descriptive which had questions on shell scripts, puzzles, coding questions and on operating systems).

2 face to face technical interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing very difficult, just strong fundamentals required.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source – interviewed at Informatica in May 2013.

1st Round: Online Exam (10-Aptitude, 4-C programming , 4-database, 4-OS)
    2rd Round: Computer Based Descriptive exam (3-C programming, 3-database, 3-OS)
    3rd Round: Technical Face to Face (data structure, algorithm design, OS, database, SQL, Java, C, Project )
    4th round: Technical face to face (same as above but hard questions )
    5th round: HR

you can try

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Informatica.

2 rounds phone were all algorithms. Basically not hard.
    Onsite was all about multi-threading. They will go into very detail coding about multithreaded patterns. please be prepared for common patterns.
    algorithm questions were quit basic, like tree traverse, sort, graph search. design questions were not hard either. please refresh your memory for common design patterns of OOAD. Java and C++ are both their primary language. you can choose either and helpful to have both.
    2 rounds were introduction to 2 different team by their director/manager. One for cloud and hadoop is very fun.

Interview Questions
    • weighted bipartite matching. I guess it's just for fun....implement reader/writer lock with different priority preferences.   Answer Question