Informatica

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Informatica in July 2012.

Interview Details – There were three interviews over all. First two were phone interviews and the third onsite interview. The phone interviews lasted for 40-50 mins each. Purely technical. They asked questions based on Java and database queries.
The onsite interview lasted for 5 hours including lunch with the manager. Was interviewed by each member of the team. The questions were based on data structures and algorithms only.

Interview Question – the unexpected question was to implement a practical scenario of semaphore using java threads. Had to use wait, notify and all the methods in the Thread class.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Informatica in September 2012.

Interview Details – Process involves online test with objective and subjective questions on data structures, database systems, Unix, operating systems and 2-3 tech interviews and final HR round. I had 3 tech rounds of tech interview. More of data structures, dbms questions like linked list, stacks, sorting algos, dbms queries were asked in 1st round. 2nd round questions were on puzzles, coding, unix. 3rd round had dbms related questions mostly. final HR round was usual questions. Hiring Process was good

Interview Question – Questions asked were usual interview questions in data structures   Answer Question

Software Engineer QA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Informatica.

Interview Details – objective,subjective,2 techinical,hr interviews

Interview Question – average   Answer Question

Software Engineer QA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Informatica in March 2012.

Interview Details – Had multiple rounds, each with different people. First had an interview to test my knowledge and my areas of interest, then had interviews to test my skill. Then I had an interview to get to know the position, in which I had plenty of time to ask questions.

Interview Question – Given a singly linked list, reverse it   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Informatica in November 2011.

Interview Details – First they asked us to write a Written Test which consist of two parts : MCQ and subjective. MCQ paper had RDBMS, UNIX, C, aptitute questions.
After one week they informed me that i have cleared test and have to come for F2F interview.

First Round : They asked me some puzzles, basic question on java, design patterns and write few codes.It was easy. Cleared first round.
After first round they kept me waited for around 45 mins(No coordination between HR and Interviewer).
Second Round : Asked me about mutlithreading code, some data structure implementation in java, other java questions- around 50-60 mins. He asked me to meet HR.

HR told me that 2 rounds are completed and you will be called for next round early next week.
They didn't call me after that when i followed up with them after some time HR told that he didn't get interview feedback yet.
Very unprofessional behavior of their at least they should have inform candidates irrespective of whether he/she selected or not.

Interview Question – Implement ArrayList of your own   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Informatica

Worked for Informatica? Contribute to the Community!

Informatica Videos

Informatica – Why Work for Us?

We Put Potential to Work We believe the information potential is endless—and data integration is more important than ever. We believe it is the bedrock of truth that enables organizations to ask and answer even more… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Informatica Software Engineer QA interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Informatica employees and interview candidates.