Informatica

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Informatica in November 2013.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a recruiter. Guided me through the interview process. Generally for an entry level position, you expect to have 2 phone interviews followed by an onsite call. I had to go through about 4 interviews before going onsite.
They got me onsite and had a standard 6 round interview. Starting with 3-4 technical rounds with the team members and the last few with the Director and VP of the department.
Interviewers were pretty cool and worked around my strengths and matched them to the requirements of the position.
Entire process took about 6 weeks starting from the recruiters call to the final onsite. Shouldn't have taken this long but the delay was partially because of a tight schedule at my end and unavailability of interviewers due to their busy calenders.
The trip was all paid for. Including all airport transfers, accommodation, meals (no cap on how much you can spend).

Interview Question – Questions were based on my strengths which was Java. But it tested your overall skills and knowledge of all the basic technologies. Included questions and problems on Java, OS details, Networking, Servers, Databases, RDBMS Theory, Designing, Troubleshooting, Case Studies and possibly everything you can think of. The interviews also got a bit of background on my projects and courses.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was given an offer on the spot at the end of all rounds. Negotiated a bit, and accepted the offer.

Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Informatica in December 2011.

Interview Details – It was a pretty experience going on-site to interview for this company. Although, they were not very sure what they wanted from the candidates. They gave a lot of importance to people with solid work experience.

Interview Question – UNIX Commands   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied online - interviewed at Informatica in July 2013.

Interview Details – Very tedious ,they will take some 7 to 9 rounds.

Interview Question – There were few unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Informatica

Interview Details – Total 8 rounds of interview 7 F2F and 1 telephonic.

1> 1st round on Basic Language(JAVA/C++) as per the requirement
2> 2nd round Managerial
3> Code debugging skill
4> Major round asked many technical problems on JAVA and ORACLE concepts
5> Tool usage and DB
6> Puzzle Round asked 10 puzzles all were unexpected...also a java program and basic unix commands were asked
7> HR round very easy and expected questions
8> Over telephone and was a managerial round

Interview Question – Puzzles were unexpected it can not be solved through practice need good puzzle solving skill to solve those.

get some idea on the tools used globaly
  Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Informatica in July 2013.

Interview Details – informatica visited our campus on 3rd of july.eligibity criteria was 60% all across your course of study.
hiring process consisted of:
1.written round
2.technical round(3-4 round)
3.HR round
written round has quention from c(output and error finding),data-structue,algorithm.but mainly questions were from database and OS.
out of 122,they selected 14 for next round
TECHNICAL ROUND:started with basics quentions on c. and slowly they increased the difficulty level.
they almost covered all the subjects of engineering.But main focus was on database and os,data-struture and unix.
some rounds had puzzles too.

Interview Question – have a good understanding of your project(mini/major).they can grill you on that.ques like:
1.why u choose the project,its adv etc.
2.what was ur role.
3.biggest problem u faced while developing the project.
  Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Informatica in September 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process will involve testing the technical skills on Databases, Analytical skills and puzzle solving capabilities. Expect for at-least 5 rounds of Technical interview before getting offer from the company

Interview Question – Every puzzle they asked was unexpected as well as challenging   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation. Fixed Salary

Worked for Informatica? Contribute to the Community!