Informatica Technical Writer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015

2.5

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Informatica in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of three separate phone interviews—one with a recruiter, one with the department manager, and one with the hiring manager. After the last interview, I had to complete a writing test. The writing test consisted of three sections. The first two tested punctuation, grammar, and clarity. The final section was an essay. Give Joseph William's Style: Lessons in Clarity and Grace a read, and you'll do just fine. Four days later I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in technical communication? How would you go about learning an unfamiliar program?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Informatica

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Informatica (Austin, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

I was referred by a staffing agency and was told there would be a test of my writing skills. The interview was professionally done, and the interview questions were pretty much what you would expect. Still, I had a hard time connecting with the interviewer, so there was a certain discomfort throughout the process. The written test consisted of about three parts. The first part consisted of a number of basic grammar and punctuation questions such as how to abbreviate US. In the second part you were given snippets of technical writing and asked to rewrite it. The final part was an essay about what makes you a good technical writer, or something to that effect. I didn't get a follow up, so it's hard for me to comment on the culture of the place. I can only say that the feeling I got was that it was a pretty formal place to work.

Interview Questions

• One question had to do with how I would go about getting more information about some product or concept that I was unfamiliar with.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Interview

Telephonic followed by written test