Information Builders

Relevance Date Difficulty

Pre-Sales Systems Engineer Interview

Pre-Sales Systems Engineer
Plano, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Information Builders in July 2012.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with my potential manager. Basically just wanted to know about me, my experience, standard stuff. After that, he flew me to Houston for a face-to-face breakfast interview. Again, standard questions about my past and how I would work with the company. Next step was an in-person panel interview with a Sr SE in my office, the area technical manager, and the regional VP. as part of this I was asked to do a 5 minute demo on any topic I wished. The final step was a phone discussion with the national SE manager to finalize everything.

Interview Question – The demo was challenging, but is part of,this job so it made sense   Answer Question

Marketing Representative Interview

Marketing Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Information Builders.

Interview Details – Interviewed with branch manager- got the job.

Negotiation Details – N/A

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Information Builders in August 2009.

Interview Details – This is an old school hiring company. They first try to find out what you have made in the past. They try to hire sales guys that have made over $200K in their last job, but I really don't know why. Since no one there really makes that muck. Then at some point they ask for your last three years W2

Negotiation Details – limited. they offer a standard package with no equity

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Information Builders.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by IBI recruiter, had initial 15 minute conversation. Next call was with hiring manager, lasted about 45 minutes. Asked good questions, focused on background and success in industry. Next was face face with Hiring manager that lasted about 1 1/2 hours then with the VP of sales which lasted another hour. Next, was brought in for a 3 hour interview session with Senior Executives of the company. Very positive process, very in depth.

Interview Question – What was the most interesting deal you ever worked on.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Open to negoatiation

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Information Builders.

Interview Details – Three to four interviews with different level people. You feel the courtesy and an attention to you persona. And overall the experience is quite positive.

Interview Question – They want to hear your relevance to the position and how dedicated to the role you could be.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the salary. I explained the base reasons in the email letter to the upper management, and it worked well.

Business Development Manager Interview

Business Development Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Information Builders.

Interview Details – My interview process was short compared to others. Expect at least 12 interviews, many face to face. Observation-they continue lengthy interview process even after they have internally decided poor fit. Do not accept any verbal agreements, if it isn't in writing, it doesn't exist.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions. Interviewers were distracted and unprepared, so be prepared to "run" the interview by making them walk through your resume and drawing out questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They are VERY old school throughout the process and will always try to offer you below what they think you will accept in hopes that you will bite. Discuss your number early and stick to it and don't let the negative NY attitude wear you down.

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Information Builders in April 2011.

Interview Details – Run far, far away if asked to interview with Information Builders!!
It is an 'Old Boy's Club' with deep, deep traditions that cannot be changed!
They make you jump through hoops before even making sure that the position you are interviewing for is approved!!

Interview Question – Typical interview questions - tell us about yourself, what are your goals, etc
The hardest thing was having to set aside the huge amount of time required for the interview(s) when/if you are still employed.
  View Answers (3)

Contract Negotiation Specialist Interview

Contract Negotiation Specialist
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Information Builders in February 2011.

Interview Details – HR contacts you by phone to make sure of your salary expectations. Then you have to come back 2 or 3 times for interviews with escalating levels of execs. The people there seem great and spend a lot of time with you. There are no trick questions. It's all about the experience you have and whether you're a good fit for the type of work involved. I received strong signs that I was 1 of 2 or 3 candidates, which really got my hopes up. However, my one gripe is the lack of professionalism by the HR, who never even communicated a rejection back to me, after I had spent 2 rounds and at least 4 hours of my time interviewing with execs. I understand no call backs if your resume isn't great or if you don't get past the first round. However, HR had communicated that they would be in touch soon, "either way." Their HR (some of whom basically made clear that they were mediocre sales people who transferred to HR) are clearly out of touch on how to treat people, which makes you regret having applied.

Very Difficult Interview

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Saint Paul, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Information Builders in June 2010.

Interview Details – Worst interviewing experience I ever had. Start you off with a written exam and then make you sit through a panel interview. Worse yet, everyone is late to the interview.

The managers are all technical people who happen to have sold in the past.

Don't expect pleasentries they are not into it. It is a typical stress interview, they actually never become friendly nor polite.

Interview Questions

Sales Interview

Sales
New York, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Information Builders in December 2008.

Interview Details – Very organized, the people were on point, professional, and thorough. Didn't take the offer based on circumstances. Nothing but positiives to say about the organization. Bread and butter sales interview: pas experiences, past successes, daily discipline, team building, etc. Most interesting was the emphasis on driving new business and ruthless support of the customer base and their needs.

Interview Question – A role play.   View Answers (2)

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Information Builders? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Information Builders interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Information Builders employees and interview candidates.