Information Builders Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2015

2.9

QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Information Builders (New York, NY).

Interview

You will be reached by HR who will set up a time and date with a meeting with the project manager. Depending on the job, they will ask you some technical questions but none that are too hard. This was for an intern role so I suppose they wanted someone with at least 20 hours availability during the week.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me what's wrong in this screenshot?   1 Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Interview

I had a first phone screen with tech manager. Then brought in for interview. Followed by a demo with account manager and another sales engineer After that, brought in to me the regional manager. Offer came after that

Marketing Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Information Builders.

Interview

Interviewed with branch manager- got the job.

Negotiation

N/A

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Information Builders.

Interview

Initially contacted by IBI recruiter, had initial 15 minute conversation. Next call was with hiring manager, lasted about 45 minutes. Asked good questions, focused on background and success in industry. Next was face face with Hiring manager that lasted about 1 1/2 hours then with the VP of sales which lasted another hour. Next, was brought in for a 3 hour interview session with Senior Executives of the company. Very positive process, very in depth.

Interview Questions

• What was the most interesting deal you ever worked on.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Open to negoatiation

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Information Builders (New York, NY).

Interview

Three to four interviews with different level people. You feel the courtesy and an attention to you persona. And overall the experience is quite positive.

Interview Questions

• They want to hear your relevance to the position and how dedicated to the role you could be.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the salary. I explained the base reasons in the email letter to the upper management, and it worked well.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Information Builders (Chicago, IL).

Interview

My interview process was short compared to others. Expect at least 12 interviews, many face to face. Observation-they continue lengthy interview process even after they have internally decided poor fit. Do not accept any verbal agreements, if it isn't in writing, it doesn't exist.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions. Interviewers were distracted and unprepared, so be prepared to "run" the interview by making them walk through your resume and drawing out questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They are VERY old school throughout the process and will always try to offer you below what they think you will accept in hopes that you will bite. Discuss your number early and stick to it and don't let the negative NY attitude wear you down.

Pre-Sales Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Information Builders (Plano, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

Initial phone interview with my potential manager. Basically just wanted to know about me, my experience, standard stuff. After that, he flew me to Houston for a face-to-face breakfast interview. Again, standard questions about my past and how I would work with the company. Next step was an in-person panel interview with a Sr SE in my office, the area technical manager, and the regional VP. as part of this I was asked to do a 5 minute demo on any topic I wished. The final step was a phone discussion with the national SE manager to finalize everything.

Interview Questions

• The demo was challenging, but is part of,this job so it made sense   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Information Builders (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2011.

Interview

Run far, far away if asked to interview with Information Builders!! It is an 'Old Boy's Club' with deep, deep traditions that cannot be changed! They make you jump through hoops before even making sure that the position you are interviewing for is approved!!

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions - tell us about yourself, what are your goals, etc The hardest thing was having to set aside the huge amount of time required for the interview(s) when/if you are still employed.   3 Answers

Contract Negotiation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Information Builders (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

HR contacts you by phone to make sure of your salary expectations. Then you have to come back 2 or 3 times for interviews with escalating levels of execs. The people there seem great and spend a lot of time with you. There are no trick questions. It's all about the experience you have and whether you're a good fit for the type of work involved. I received strong signs that I was 1 of 2 or 3 candidates, which really got my hopes up. However, my one gripe is the lack of professionalism by the HR, who never even communicated a rejection back to me, after I had spent 2 rounds and at least 4 hours of my time interviewing with execs. I understand no call backs if your resume isn't great or if you don't get past the first round. However, HR had communicated that they would be in touch soon, "either way." Their HR (some of whom basically made clear that they were mediocre sales people who transferred to HR) are clearly out of touch on how to treat people, which makes you regret having applied.

Technical Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Information Builders in November 2010.

Interview

Good and thorough process to make sure it was a fit for me and the company position. I was burnt out on travel and wanted to make sure I wasn't walking into the same situation. There was lots of flexibility to manage this aspect of the job.

Interview Questions

• Number of projects sold as a prior BDM   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was happy with the offer, just wanted the ability to get outside training which I did get.