Information Control Company

Information Control Company Interview Questions

2.5

Business Intelligence Junior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Information Control Company in February 2014.

Was contacted by email initially. Interview consisted of an SQL test which is not very difficult , my recruiter gave me a link to a helpful guide. then a discussion with the VP of the area who then asked me a few database questions. Why I wanted to go into Business Intelligence.

Interview Questions

Time constraint of Job offer. Less than a week to start job and move, had better offers from other companies.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Information Control Company in November 2012.

Communications with ICC was fine and they wanted me to come in for an interview, so I drove 2 hours to Columbus to interview there. During a one on one talk with a recruiter, he talked about their business and touted their training and education of new consultants. It sounded good. Then I took a test on my SQL knowledge. I had to take the test on an old laptop and I was never sure if my answers were registered in time, because each question was timed. It took about an hour. The test wasn't terribly difficult, but I didn't pass. I was close, but I didn't know some of the questions. After They told me I didn't pass, they quickly ushered me out of the door without so much as a tour of the facility or an actual interview after I had driven 2 hours to interview there.

I also don't understand why employment should hinge on basic SQL test despite them advertising how good their education and training is for their new employees.

It was a terribly unprofessional way to treat a possible employee despite me not passing the exam by a few points. The proposed salary was also not very competitive.

Interview Questions
    • The SQL test is comprehensive and requires you to answer quickly and confidently.   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Information Control Company in May 2011.

I met the recruiter at a conference and we played phone tag for a couple of months before being interviewed for a project. The interview was very straight forward. I was asked a few questions about HTML, CSS, and JavaScript.

Interview Questions
    • There were no real difficult or unexpected questions. The only question that stood out in my mind was how to handle background images.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Information Control Company in April 2011.

The recruiter contacts you and talks to you about your resume and what skills you have then he gives a description of the job and what to expect from it. If all goes well they schedule an interview to do in person at their headquarters in Columbus, OH. The in person interview you sit and talk with the recruiter for a few minutes and then you take a skills test based upon SQL to make sure that you have the basics and can learn the rest effectively. Assuming you do better than a 3 on the test you will meet with the person in charge of the Business Intelligence Group and he will interview you to see if you have the ability to perform in this job. The interview was fairly stress free with the exception of the skills test which goes by very quickly as you have limited time to take the test.

Interview Questions
    • If you have table a and table b and want to combine it with table c how would you do that in SQL? (He drew a picture on a whiteboard)   Answer Question
    • Name something that you are most proud of and why?   Answer Question
    Negotiations are hard for the entry level position because they have a set salary since they leave you on the bench for a little bit until you are trained up accordingly.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Information Control Company in January 2008.

Meet with the recruiter, they take your resume and match up to the client's job requirements, if client interviews and likes you, you get placed.

Interview Questions
    • Describle past experience and why you are looking for job with ICC   Answer Question
    Hourly rate is negotiable if it is realistic and if client finds it realistic

Business Intelligence Consultant Interview

Interview process was filled with amicable people. The process was open and straightforward. Best interview experience to date.

(1) phone interview (behavioral based 90% / technical 10%)
    (2) on-site interview which includes SQL aptitude test. (50% behavior / 50% technical)

SQL questions review fundamental concepts. Was asked to write code & work through problems on a whiteboard.

Interview Questions
    • -No trick questions.
      -Typical behavioral questions. (Dealing with a difficult co-worker, working under time constraints, etc.)
      -SQL based technical questions. (if you pass the aptitude test these shouldn't be too difficult)

Why should we hire you?
      Tell me about yourself.
      What is your biggest strength?
      What is your biggest weakness?
      What does an outer join do?
      What does an inner join do?
      What does a left join do?
      What does a right join do?

Answer Question