Information Systems Intelligence

Interviews for Top Jobs at Information Systems Intelligence

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wyoming, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wyoming, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Information Systems Intelligence in August 2014.

Seemed like a young company but I was interviewed by an old, old man who mostly talked about himself. All of his statement ended with "right?" Like he was always looking for agreement. Place was very open and quiet, not welcoming and inviting at all. Lots of empty looking desks.

Interview Questions
    • Average, standard questions. Not a hard interview. Even if I get an offer, after reading the reviews I think I'm going to go elsewhere. Odd vibe.   Answer Question

Production Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Information Systems Intelligence.

Screening process was extensive. I went on several interviews before the position was offered to me. Had to negotiate salary.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult project I've ever worked on and how did I solve any problems that arose.   Answer Question

Network Engineer @ 100k+/Yr Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Information Systems Intelligence in May 2013.

Recruiter contacted me from a resume I had online. Recruiter sold me on the company, management, Grand Rapids Area, and opportunity for growth.

I had an informal phone interview and formal Skype interview with recruiter. A few days later a phone interview with the company. In-between the recruiter interview and company interview, I read the Glassdoor reviews and freaked out a bit. I contacted my recruiter and asked them to address my concerns about the reviews. The recruiter stated that the reviews were old, the company was undergoing a change in management, that the recruiter had someone available (whom they previously placed) for me to talk to, the problems are common with rapidly growing business, etc.etc. etc. I elected to move forward with caution.The phone interview was rescheduled a couple times last minute to better fit the CEOs schedule (not a big deal).

Once the interview with ISI did occur:
    The phone number given to me and confirmed by ISI was wrong, so I showed up a couple minutes late for the phone interview (since it took me about 10 min to try and confirm a good number from previous emails/website/google). When I did show up I apologized for being 2 minutes late and the person in charge seemed OK at first but got increasingly annoyed as time went on. The "hiring manager" was later than I was (maybe he had the wrong number too since the "invite" was sent to everyone). 10 minutes after the meeting start time we finally got the show on the road.

Questions were part for the course...
    What are your 3 greatest strengths?
    What are your 3 biggest weaknesses?
    How do you serve the customer?

The actions of ISI employees confirmed the Glassdoor reviews (May 2013 and before) and I figured this was no place for me. I decided to throw the interview and did not expect to get an offer. After about 5 min, they stopped asking questions and thanked me for my time. I was not given the opportunity to ask any questions (I had like 20 of them)... Interview was one sided and rushed, even when I did answer a question honestly ISI was like "ok, great". There was not that much dialog exchanging.

Immediately after the ISI interview, I called the recruiter to tell them how the interview went. The recruiter told me that ISI was very interested in me and that we should wait to hear what ISI had to say before I made any decisions. I told the recruiter that Glassdoor was 100% correct and that I am probably not the person for the job, or at least that was the impression I had from the 20min phone call. I provided specific candid details on how things went on the call (tone, attitudes, environment, egos, etc) to the recruiter.

A couple months later, ISI suspiciously gets several new reviews on Glassdoor (within 3 or 4 days or each other) addressing all of the concerns I raised with the recruiter?

Interview Questions
    • What layer of OSI model is SIP?
      At this point I realized Glassdoor employee reviews were correct and threw the question. I think I told them layer 2, correct answer is obviously layer7/Application.

Also they wanted to see a network diagram ?
      Unfortunately I am bound to confidentiality clause in my severance package from my previous employer, so I declined that question.

Answer Question

Project Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Information Systems Intelligence.

Casual atmosphere, blunt questioning

Technician Interview

Simply, comfortable, to the point.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

The process took a dayinterviewed at Information Systems Intelligence in January 2012.

Very laidback and easygoing. Was asked about my experience and how I felt I cold fit into the job.

Outstanding offer immediately.