Infosys

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technology Architect Interview

Technology Architect
Bridgewater, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Infosys in July 2010.

Interview Details – There were 2 telephonic interviews to begin with. One for screening and another technical. This was followed by an in person interview with HR. The offer was made immediately after conclusion of HR round. The call for 1st round was unexpected without prior intimation and hence was surprising since there was no communication from the company for a long while after applying initially.

Interview Question – Questions of Project Management were posed in addition to Technology skills which was unexpected for the role in question.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Bridgewater, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Infosys in April 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring was quick. A staffing agency prefiltered my profile for Infosys. Infosys had just two interviews. One techo-functional and one HR. immediately after that, I was selected and given a verbal offer.
Techno-functional was simple with questions on what I did in my past experience.

Negotiation Details – Could not negotiate at all. But, fortunately, I got a higher offer than initially offered.

Technical Analyst Interview

Technical Analyst
Bridgewater, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Infosys in December 2009.

Interview Details – One day interview and I was selected. Two interviewers.

Interview Question – Project Management Questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. They pay as they pay for that position.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Bridgewater, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Infosys in March 2012.

Interview Details – Group interview 2:1. Mostly asked about my QA background and how I would solve problems posed during interview. For example, there are no Business Requirements, no specs, nothing. How would you create a test plan? 2. An object has no properties, how would you verify that the object behaves as expected in an automated test? 3. asked about my thoughts on Descriptive Programming (QTP).

As you can tell from the questions posed it sounds like they are interested in your thought process and how to derive an answer. To my surprise (or maybe not surprise) Infosys personnel (or their culture) wants a definitive approach or answer. They seem to think there is one best way to solve problems. An applicant's creative approach is not desired. For example (I'm making this up), how do you get to page 100 in a 200 page book? My answer, depends on whether the book front or back is facing you. If the back is facing you, then you flip from page 200 to page 100. Their answer. No, you flip from the front to page 100. I making this up, but you get the gist. Thinking outside the box is not appreciated.

Anyway I didn't get an offer.

Technical Lead Interview

Technical Lead
Bridgewater, NJ

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Infosys in March 2012.

Interview Details – Went to Infosys office and gave interview over phone and was selected and an offer was made to me which I accepted; but later I was asked to give another interview but the interview never happened. HR did a good job of trying to connect me to the interview panel but the panelist seems to be having some issues in connecting with me. Currently I am not sure what are the next steps.
Overall I am not very happy and convinced with the approach.

Interview Question – Describe the process of SAP CRM Marketing Attribute List BADI's   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Went to Infosys office and gave interview over phone and was selected and an offer was made to me which I accepted; but later I was asked to give another interview but the interview never happened. HR did a good job of trying to connect me to the interview panel but the panelist seems to be having some issues in connecting with me. Currently I am not sure what are the next steps.
Overall I am not very happy and convinced with the approach.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Infosys? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Infosys interview questions and advice in Bridgewater, NJ. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Infosys employees and interview candidates.