Infosys

22 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Infosys in December 2009.

Interview Details – Well, Infy came to our campus on Day 1 slot. 384 applied while 139 cleared the written. Out of those, 109 got selected on the final list. Interview was easy for me. Mostly talked about my projects and extra curricular activities. My interviewer was very pleased and told me that he enjoyed the conversation. Looking forward to work in Infy.

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Infosys in February 2008.

Interview Details – From what i remember, Infosys had gone on a frenzied recruitment drive...it seemed like they were in a hurry trying to net the best students in engineering colleges all over india, even though they didn't need that many recruits (sounded like greed to me, maybe they didn't want this talent to join other companies...ditto with the other companies)

somehow, they landed at our remote campus...there was an aptitude test followed by an interview on the same day. the aptitude test had 2 parts, logic and English language. logic wasn't very tough (not wat u mite expect from the top IT company of india) and English was a joke for normally English speaking dudes like me...based of the test scores, some students were shortlisted for the interview...the interview process was very quick too and i must admit, the HR person taking the interview was very competent...but he was cool too...and i actually enjoyed the interview...he asked some silly logical questions like use 4,5 6 and any arithmetic operator to get 15 or something like that (not exactly, just an example). it mite seem like an easy question, but u only need to sit on that hot seat under the steely gaze of a very experienced interviewer to actually realize how nerve-wracking it can be...this was followed by some personality type questions like wat u think of amitabh bachchan (bcoz of my height, maybe) and rays of light (???no idea why). he didnt ask me anythin even remotely related to computers!. the overall process was fast and they didn't waste any time at all...in the end they declared who all were selected...

advice for other interview candidates...(engineering colleges)

first of all, do not lie. no not even a little bit. they are far too good at detecting it (at least my interviewer was) and it will help u understand if u remember how easy it is for us to catch a lying kid. we r beginners in front of them and we have the same level of experience as a kid has as compared to adults...but also remember that they are not gods...if u have the presence of mind, u mite be able to pull off a trick or two like i did..read on...

they don't give a damn about ur marks...they know engg students r taught crap they wont need at infosys, what they look for IS UR ABILITY TO LEARN ANYTHING REAL FAST, and u need to remember this very well...in fact u need to repeat this to urself several times...why i say this is bcoz it was for the very same reason i was selected...wen i told him dat wenever a new topic was discussed in class and a problem based on it was given, i was always the first one to solve it in class...he immediately shook my hand and said welcome to infosys. in fact i was the only student who came to know beforehand about his selection..others had 2 wait for the interview results!!!

u mite be thinking i am very smart and all..let me tell u, i never understood anything in class and never solved anything either... u only need to have common sense to know wat they want and give them that. before the interview and the test, the recruitment people gave us a small presentation about the company. they clearly mentioned what the company was looking for. we all know it is an IT company and IT people need to be able to learn fast and forget even faster...i then knew that i had an ace up my sleeves...

most of the questions he asked were from my resume that i had submitted him. so u need to be extremely careful when u write ur CV and have an answer for every alphabet u type in there. it doesn't matter if it is one page or ten pages long.(mine was one page only!)

there other other things u need to take care of, but i wont repeat them here as u can easily find them all over the internet. i only shared wat worked 4 me.

Interview Question – He first asked which newspaper i read (i had written reading newspapers as hobby, don't make this mistake). then he asked how many pages it has.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – i was never interested in joining infosys as it is a software company and i am an electronics engineer. i wanted to get some interview experience. i didn't prepare anything at all. just went and gave the interview and bang! i was selected. Even though i heard that interviews were real scary experiences, i, in fact, really enjoyed my first interview (thanks to the cool interviewer who knew his job very well). maybe it was bcoz i had nothing to lose, that i was able to get it as i didnt get nervous or scared at all, and dat really boosted my confidence.
other reasons for not joining are too philosophical and boring to write here...i am a risk taker by nature and cannot tolerate anyone telling me wat to do and blah blah blah i cud go on and on...

best of luck to ya all...