Infosys Interview Questions in Fremont, CA

2.7

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

QA Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Infosys in February 2011.

Recruiter was prompt..Interview begin formally but was unprofessional later..Too much negotiation for salary and ended up very low ball offer..I rejected it though..would not go there again

Low ball offer

Lead Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Infosys.

Took over 6-months. This timing has improved since I was hired, but expect at least 3 months.

Interview Questions
    • 1st question - what questions do you have about Infosys. This was 1st item out of person I was interviewing with.   Answer Question

. Negotiate vacation - regardless of the number of years experience you will be offered only 2 weeks vacation / year.

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Infosys in December 2010.

The most simple I ever had. Some random questions about my knowledge of the information systems, and in 30 minutes I was hired.

I could negotiate what I wanted, in fact i just gave my number and this was accepted without a discussion.

Lead Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Infosys in January 2012.

Hiring process is quite long and face to face interviews are mandatory in this company.
    On an average it takes around two months for hiring in USA in normal circumstances.
    They have preferred vendors who will actually approach the candidates for initial short listing and after that infosys HR team will enter into picture. They don't negotiate on salary until you clear the techinical interviews, HR round will be mostly for negotiations and they won't allow to do much of negotiation on salary as they already have some processes using which they conclude your salary based on your education and experience. They will mostly stick to a range for every level and they will stick to that range. But before they start negotiations, all condidates must clear a BG check , only after clearance of BG check you will get communication from HR. BG is done by third party in USA. Once negotiations are done and post acceptance of the offer letter, they will initiate visa transfer if H1B. They usually give enough time for joining and mostly they are flexible with the joining dates.
    One point for negotiations is make sure you know what is your variable pay because they will try to put as mush as possible as in bonus which is some times the only hike they are giving compared to your present salary, this will some times end up with no increase in your fixed pay.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions depend on your role, experience etc.,
      I did not come across any surprises.
        Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Infosys in October 2011.

It's one of the worst interview experience,

1) They called me to Fremont office on week end, we were around 4 guys waiting for the interview around 2+ hours, No Response from any body. everybody scold as much as possible :-) and vanished

2) After 2 weeks, they requested to come again on week days, there was immediate telephonic interview from India - typical stereo type technical question.

After 2 hours they said hr will come discuss about the offer letter and package. then HR came and took my all papers, after 30 minutes, HR said "We are ready to give offer letter now, but your name is already registered in other domain"

WTF

Senior ITSM Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Infosys in June 2012.

It was Weird. Applied through a Staffing Agency and God my Interview Scheduled. Updated my Info on their Database, got an email confirmation for the Interview. Drove from Sacramento to Fremont, 15-20 mts before the Interview received a call saying my Interview is re-scheduled to Next Week, when I told them I was at the Parking Lot asked me to come inside and waited in a Meeting room where the Slides were showing "How Great We are" presentation. Later called in for an Interview, it was more like a general discussion and told me there will be another Interview from a Senior Member but its 3 Weeks Now..No response.....

Interview Questions
    • General discussion about my Experience since I was doing Consulting most of my Career?   View Answer

Java Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Infosys in April 2012.

I received the opportunity through a staffing agency, they referred me to InfoSys. It took 1 week to get the interview scheduled. Interview was like a Job Fair, many candidates were called on the same day and time.
    After waiting for 2 hours the first interviewer became available. One person was on the phone from India,
    with him, he asked general questions why InfoSys, what kind of role you are looking for , why you want to leave your current role / domain to start new position. Second round of interview was more technical, like
    coding on white board, asking Java Related question.

Account Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Infosys in September 2011.

Office was for the most part empty ("employees at the client site most often"), nice lobby and conference room. Many interviews by phone and in person. Company used the STAR format for asking guiding the discussion (Situation, Tactics, Actions, Results). As interviews continued, not much new in the information exchanged - redundant conversations - felt like it was "going thru the motions" activity.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a scenario when you failed in meeting customer expectations and the actions you took as a result.   View Answer

Compensation package too low.

I Have No Clue About the Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Infosys in May 2012.

I got the interview from a placement company and she wasn't sure about the position. I went in for a face to face scheduled interview on a Saturday morning. There were many people interviewing and I was asked to wait and later lead to an office room. From there was called upon by the interviewer by himself. Two people asked questions which they had expertise and didn't have a clue about my skillsets mentioned in the resume or gave some time for me to explain about my work history.

Two offsite genious assumed persons interviewing without any interests was really very unprofessional. Please don't waste your time.

Do you have development experience? See you can get that from resume.
    Did you use classes? Do you know ther is class called Error? Excuse me...
    Explain the steps involed in JDBC? Types of JDBC drivers?
    Why should one use Stored Procedure instead of SQL?

It was all vague and basic questions. Even while staring the process I know that it's gonna be a waste of time.

At the end of the interview...one interviewer expert told the other expert that ..."I am done with her!". I was about to ask him - "What do you mean?" But couldn't take it anymore. Just told them "THANK YOU!"

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Infosys in March 2012.

They did not give enough chance to speak on the topics known. A bunch of offshore guys on recent trip to onsite talking interviews.
    Agreed everyone is not perfect in everything still !

Worked for Infosys? Contribute to the Community!