Infosys Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2015
2,524 Interview Reviews

2.6

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Infosys.

Interview

First Round is Quantative , Analytical and Verbal Skill Test.
    Second Round is a technical and HR interview ad varies from person to person.
    Mostly, this is for freshers and they ask you about you college projects and few behavioural questions. I was only asked about the my college projects.

Interview Questions

• Questions were related to my college projects   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Infosys.

Interview

It was campus recruitment. It had 2 rounds. Written aptitude screening which included puzzles to solve and English grammar and fluency. Then HR round had generic and common sense/Logical questions.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Infosys.

Interview

1. Applied online and was scheduled for a Virtual Interview through Goto Meeting.
    2. Entire process took 1month
    3. After the interview, HR round was scheduled
    4. Questions were general, totally expected ones

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Direct release of offer letter

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Infosys.

Interview

I went through Campus placement, so we initially had a 30 minute written test, then an HR round and then a technical round.

After selection:
    You are trained in the Mysore campus for 4 months and then given a job location for full time.

Interview Questions

• HR Round:

The interviewer was an experienced old guy.
      He asked me normal questions,
      Tell me about yourself?
      What does your father do?
      Why did you apply for this position?
      Have you been in a difficult situation, if yes, how did you come out of it?
      Have you demonstrated Leadership skills, if yes then Explain?

Technical Round:
      Basic questions on your preferred programming language.
      Mine was C++, so I had questions on pointers, virtual functions, memory allocation, algorithms etc.
      I also had to write a code on paper of converting a given number into words and a code for merge sort.

Answer Question

I went to pursue my further studies.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Infosys (Rockville, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

First HR interview was in the middle of January. Followed up by two phone project management interviews (no face interviews). Easy project management questions.
    HR is pretty slow. Got an offer of 100K. Couldn't negotiate. Declined.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Infosys in February 2015.

Interview

Signed up for an interview via campus recruiting. First round was in their NYC office, where I had two 45 minute 1-on-1 interviews. The first interview was pretty chill, mostly went over my resume, some behavioral questions, and then I asked questions. The second interview was a case interview, in which my interviewer made up two cases on the spot and I suggested solutions. I was prepared for a really tough case interview since this was my first, but they mostly just wanted to see my thought process and how I problem solve. Great experience overall, I thought it was fun.

I was contacted for a second round interview and I requested to interview with the Bay Area office (if I had chosen the NYC office, they said I would have to work in financial service or I would be traveling a LOT). I had a 40 minute phone interview with someone from the Bay Area, all behavioral questions, much tougher than the first interview though. I enjoyed the conversation a lot, but in the end, no offer.

Interview Questions

• Why consulting?   Answer Question
    • Why Infosys?   Answer Question
    • Present to me in 1-2 minutes why you would make a great consultant at Infosys (without mentioning all of the experiences I had already talked about in the first 30 minutes of the interview)   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Infosys in February 2015.

Interview

I dropped off my resume at a career fair. The representatives from Infosys were very crass and unpleasant, so I decided not to apply to any positions. However, they emailed me later saying my resume seemed like a great fit so they scheduled an online interview.

During the interview there were two employees communicating from India via webcam. Neither introduced themselves. Both had broken English and I had to ask for questions to be repeated constantly. They asked me only trivial, basic technical questions, like "What is an integral?--What is a vector?--What is HTML used for?" even though my degree is in chemical engineering from a top 10 university in America and I have prior work experience involving coding. It was very clear that they did not look at any of the materials (resume, cover letter, transcript) they asked me to submit. I was asked no behavioral or work experience questions. I interviewed for four positions from my school's career fair and this was the only one that felt like a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Why is object oriented programming more common than function programming?   1 Answer

Technology Lead (US) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Infosys (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

Infosys prefers people with wide skill set. In the interview they will cover basics of all the skills you mention in your resume, that is what they did in my case.
    There will be one phone screen for approx 30 min, followed by a detailed skype (with web camera) interview which went for like 90 minutes in my case, and finally a small discussion with manager (not HR) who will negotiate salary and in the end, call from HR regarding approval of your salary.

Interview Questions

• Expectation from current role and long term goals   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Infosys.

Interview

This company will just about take anyone who signs up for the ride. I was told if I don't take the job by 12.3.14 that someone else would pleasantly fill the roll. Place is so indiacentric--- stay away.

Interview Questions

They are desperate...and unfortunately their recruiters are all over the place. No one knows who talked to me or who hasn't. Complete disaster n waste if time.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Infosys.

Interview

Questions asked on projects in the Resume. Asked to explain B.E final year project. Basic Object Oriented Programming related questions from C++. Asked to solve a logic based puzzle. and one or two questions about the company and if willing to relocate. No particularly difficult questions. They just check your confidence level.