Infosys

2.8

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technology Lead (US) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Infosys in December 2014.

Recruiter called, asked for my work experience and skills. Then, she scheduled a webcam interview. The interview went fine. There was a couple of people who interviewed me. Basically, they just asked me to talk about my recent job. Most of their questions were about my experience, and asked technical questions along - guess to verify that what you put in your resume are all true.

Interview Questions
    • Any project i handled that if given a chance to do it again, i should have done it differently.   Answer Question

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Infosys in March 2014.

I applied online for a Business Development Executive position in New York. They scheduled a panel interview after three to four weeks. Until the time of the interview, everything was good. They answered my questions and calls promptly. At the time of the interview, I was told that the two managers that were supposed to interview me were busy and I had to wait for 30 minutes for someone else to interview me. The interview was simple, very general questions and information about the job. One of the questions was about my background and where I came from. I was then told that they will get back to me in two to three days and schedule another interview. However, everything changed, and those two days became weeks without any responses to my many calls and emails. It was clear that they were ignoring me. So I researched the company and found some cases where candidates thought they were rejected because they were not South Asian, and when I requested some elaboration on that, I immediately got a response (usually no response in weeks); asking me not to make any assumptions. I spent another month asking for closure (Yes or No), in vain..only promises that they will contact me with updates...until finally they called last week and said I wasn't a good fit!

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, but the manager was eager to know my background and where I came from.   Answer Question

Technology Lead (US) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Infosys in January 2013.

It involved technical questions and some details like personal questions were not required

Interview Questions
    • About compensation, where they will not match the current market salary   Answer Question

About compensation, where they will not match the current market salary

Sustainability Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Infosys in April 2012.

applied online through a recruiter website. It took a couple of week to be contacted by Hr that set a conference call with to manager (one in U.S. and one in India). Had a good chat about position and responsibility. Ask me about my experience and how my qualifications fit the position requirements.
    They seemed competent but a little elusive about job details.
    4 months passed and I haven't heard from them. I guess they found a better fit

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Infosys in March 2012.

Went to Infosys office and gave interview over phone and was selected and an offer was made to me which I accepted; but later I was asked to give another interview but the interview never happened. HR did a good job of trying to connect me to the interview panel but the panelist seems to be having some issues in connecting with me. Currently I am not sure what are the next steps.
    Overall I am not very happy and convinced with the approach.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the process of SAP CRM Marketing Attribute List BADI's   Answer Question

Overall I am not very happy and convinced with the approach.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Infosys in March 2012.

Group interview 2:1. Mostly asked about my QA background and how I would solve problems posed during interview. For example, there are no Business Requirements, no specs, nothing. How would you create a test plan? 2. An object has no properties, how would you verify that the object behaves as expected in an automated test? 3. asked about my thoughts on Descriptive Programming (QTP).

As you can tell from the questions posed it sounds like they are interested in your thought process and how to derive an answer. To my surprise (or maybe not surprise) Infosys personnel (or their culture) wants a definitive approach or answer. They seem to think there is one best way to solve problems. An applicant's creative approach is not desired. For example (I'm making this up), how do you get to page 100 in a 200 page book? My answer, depends on whether the book front or back is facing you. If the back is facing you, then you flip from page 200 to page 100. Their answer. No, you flip from the front to page 100. I making this up, but you get the gist. Thinking outside the box is not appreciated.

Anyway I didn't get an offer.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Infosys in June 2011.

Two level , I was referred . one phone and two in person interview. phone was more on past experience and PM skills. The in-person interview was with delivery team. interpersonal skills and customer success skills. Scenario questions, delivery experience, handling conflicts with customer, team, offshore team etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Infosys in May 2011.

Handled very aggressively by third party headhunters. If you are applying for a specific role make sure you interview is for the role you specified. They will try to lure you into a lower level role even though your experience and background is higher.

Interview Questions
    • The person interviewing me knew very little about the sector I was   Answer Question
    Be careful when negotiating a salary, this company will verbally make an offer lower than what you are looking for. If and when you agree to that low ball offer then expect to get the actual offer letter from overseas to come in at a even lower salary. Total salary difference can be in the thousands. Not the best way to start an employee/employer relationship.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Infosys in April 2011.

Interview Questions were basic and simply text book question.

Technology Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Infosys in July 2010.

There were 2 telephonic interviews to begin with. One for screening and another technical. This was followed by an in person interview with HR. The offer was made immediately after conclusion of HR round. The call for 1st round was unexpected without prior intimation and hence was surprising since there was no communication from the company for a long while after applying initially.

Interview Questions
    • Questions of Project Management were posed in addition to Technology skills which was unexpected for the role in question.   Answer Question