Infosys

15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tech Lead Interview

Lakewood, NJ

I interviewed at Infosys in May 2010.

Interview Details – I have submitted my profile and got shortlisted after two weeks . I got call for interview schedule after two months and for they called me for in-person interview and I got selected.
I got offer later after three weeks and sent me for my acceptance.

Interview Question – I was asked some expected and some unexpected questions and most are high level questions.   Answer Question

Technology Lead (US) Interview

New York, NY

I interviewed at Infosys in January 2013.

Interview Details – It involved technical questions and some details like personal questions were not required

Interview Question – About compensation, where they will not match the current market salary   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – About compensation, where they will not match the current market salary

Technology Architect Interview

Technology Architect
Bridgewater, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Infosys in July 2010.

Interview Details – There were 2 telephonic interviews to begin with. One for screening and another technical. This was followed by an in person interview with HR. The offer was made immediately after conclusion of HR round. The call for 1st round was unexpected without prior intimation and hence was surprising since there was no communication from the company for a long while after applying initially.

Interview Question – Questions of Project Management were posed in addition to Technology skills which was unexpected for the role in question.   Answer Question

Technology Lead (Us) Interview

Technology Lead (Us)
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Infosys in February 2010.

Interview Details – I was hired cause client asked them to do so. I told client that if I wasn't paid what I was owed I would leave his project. I was not paid for during the first 8 weeks of work. After this incident I was hired right away, however I was not given proper induction, nor introduction, to company. Later I learned from other Infosys coworkers that it was no uncommon not being paid for the first couple of weeks, or that some of them were owed, at one point of their careers with Infosys, 10,000 USD in traveling expenses.

Interview Question – I was not asked anything.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got a call from India and a lady told me how much they will pay me asking me if it was ok with me.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Infosys in January 2010.

Interview Details – Face to face interview with 3 seniors from the same practice. Pretty straight forward questions and answers

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Senior Project Manager Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Infosys in June 2011.

Interview Details – Two level , I was referred . one phone and two in person interview. phone was more on past experience and PM skills. The in-person interview was with delivery team. interpersonal skills and customer success skills. Scenario questions, delivery experience, handling conflicts with customer, team, offshore team etc.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Bridgewater, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Infosys in April 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring was quick. A staffing agency prefiltered my profile for Infosys. Infosys had just two interviews. One techo-functional and one HR. immediately after that, I was selected and given a verbal offer.
Techno-functional was simple with questions on what I did in my past experience.

Negotiation Details – Could not negotiate at all. But, fortunately, I got a higher offer than initially offered.

Technical Analyst Interview

Technical Analyst
Bridgewater, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Infosys in December 2009.

Interview Details – One day interview and I was selected. Two interviewers.

Interview Question – Project Management Questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. They pay as they pay for that position.

Senior Associate Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Infosys in June 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly straight-forward - three rounds - one HR behavioral/fit and two practitioner meetings. The initial step was the HR/Recruiting telephone screen which felt like more of a conversation than an interview - it was formal yet friendly.

At the end of the call which occurred on a Tuesday, the Recruiter indicated I would be hearing about next steps in a couple of days. On Friday, I received an e-mail from Recruiting asking me to provide my availability for a call with one of the practitioners to be scheduled for the following week.

Although this practitioner was on-site at a client, he was rather flexible in terms of coordinating schedules. I was able to schedule a call with this practitioner (Senior Manager / Senior Principal) for the following Wednesday. The call lasted about 30 minutes and was focused on me describing my prior work experience and learning a bit about the practitioner's background. It was give-and-take, though biased toward collecting information about my employment history and consulting experience. In other words, it was more-or-less what one might expect from a 2nd round interview.

After I received the news that I had passed the 2nd round of interviews, I was in regular, frequent contact with the recruiting organization to schedule a time to meet one of the Partners face-to-face. Several days later, plane ticket in hand, I was off to the airport to meet with the Partner. I arrived at the office and waited only about 10 minutes to meet with him. Our conversation lasted a little over an hour. The first fifteen minutes was spent on behavioral/background questions. The following 30 minutes was devoted to the case interview with 2 components. In the first component, I was asked to describe in a case-like fashion (using the available whiteboard), a recent engagement I had worked on- beginning with the client's problem statement, explaining the approach to and structure of my solution, and ending with the outcomes/ client value delivered.

The second component was a case given to me by the Partner in which I was asked to formulate my response to a problem statement. The Partner switched places with me and proceeded to the whiteboard to draw out a series of diagrams depicting relationships between a number of entities in a "Services" sales value chain. I was then asked to (based on my knowledge of the industry) craft an approach to the case. I had some difficulty with this portion of the interview because I had no familiarity with the specific industry being addressed which distracted me from maintaining a structured problem-solving approach. Regardless, I proceeded through the case citing a general approach and game plan for dividing the work into work streams, assigning roles, etc.

The final fifteen minutes of the interview included the Partner reviewing my work and explaining some nuances of the industry's sales process. We also discussed the practice's general direction, and industry and functional specialties.

Though I could have done better on the case (the Partner stated that there was an expectation of a broader or higher-level viewpoint up-front), apparently I had made enough of an impression throughout the interview process. I received a verbal offer by the end of the week - call directly from the Partner.

Interview Question – As with all cases, there is no "'right' answer but there are approaches that are more highly recommended than others and more likely to resonate with Senior Executives regardless of industry, function or geography.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – In hindsight, I could have done a better job negotiating salary, but I thought the compensation was fair and on par with peers in the market.

Sustainability Analyst Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Infosys in April 2012.

Interview Details – applied online through a recruiter website. It took a couple of week to be contacted by Hr that set a conference call with to manager (one in U.S. and one in India). Had a good chat about position and responsibility. Ask me about my experience and how my qualifications fit the position requirements.
They seemed competent but a little elusive about job details.
4 months passed and I haven't heard from them. I guess they found a better fit

Interview Question – didn't have unexpected qustions   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Infosys

Worked for Infosys? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Infosys interview questions and advice in New York City, NY. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Infosys employees and interview candidates.