Infosys Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Jul 23, 2015

Technology Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Infosys (New York, NY).

Interview

the interviewer was very professional calm collect methodical and systematic and elegant. I do not have enough words to appreciate his intelligence. What else do you want me to tell you? send me an email

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Infosys (New York, NY).

Interview

He called me on phone and asked me some things on my resume~ Like how was the internship, my grade in university etc. And how much do I know about the company. He Also gave me some very good advices

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Infosys (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview panel was a long list. It was telephonic and around 4-5 panelists were present. The interview was technical and ranged from basic to advanced questions . The interview lasted for more than an hour. Some of the questions were also generic questions on problem solving techniques. Not much information was shared on the requirement and the reason cited was that there was a practice level hiring in place.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Infosys (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

1. Was contacted by a recruiter and was scheduled for an interview. 2. Had an interview via GoToMeeting. Had some technical and behavioral questions. Then I din't get any reply for 2 weeks. Then I mailed the recruiter and she said I was selected for 2nd round. Then there was no response for a month. Then again I mailed the recruiter and she said we are still doing 1st round we would contact after a week. After that there was no response. It was almost 2 months since the 1st interview. Then again I mailed the recruiter and finally she says they won't be doing 2nd round. I even gave up on an other job for Infosys. They are sooo unprofessional. Worst recruitment process .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Infosys (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

Infosys prefers people with wide skill set. In the interview they will cover basics of all the skills you mention in your resume, that is what they did in my case. There will be one phone screen for approx 30 min, followed by a detailed skype (with web camera) interview which went for like 90 minutes in my case, and finally a small discussion with manager (not HR) who will negotiate salary and in the end, call from HR regarding approval of your salary.

Interview Questions

• Expectation from current role and long term goals   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Infosys (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Recruiter called, asked for my work experience and skills. Then, she scheduled a webcam interview. The interview went fine. There was a couple of people who interviewed me. Basically, they just asked me to talk about my recent job. Most of their questions were about my experience, and asked technical questions along - guess to verify that what you put in your resume are all true.

Interview Questions

• Any project i handled that if given a chance to do it again, i should have done it differently.   Answer Question

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Infosys (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online for a Business Development Executive position in New York. They scheduled a panel interview after three to four weeks. Until the time of the interview, everything was good. They answered my questions and calls promptly. At the time of the interview, I was told that the two managers that were supposed to interview me were busy and I had to wait for 30 minutes for someone else to interview me. The interview was simple, very general questions and information about the job. One of the questions was about my background and where I came from. I was then told that they will get back to me in two to three days and schedule another interview. However, everything changed, and those two days became weeks without any responses to my many calls and emails. It was clear that they were ignoring me. So I researched the company and found some cases where candidates thought they were rejected because they were not South Asian, and when I requested some elaboration on that, I immediately got a response (usually no response in weeks); asking me not to make any assumptions. I spent another month asking for closure (Yes or No), in vain..only promises that they will contact me with updates...until finally they called last week and said I wasn't a good fit!

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, but the manager was eager to know my background and where I came from.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

interviewed at Infosys (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

It involved technical questions and some details like personal questions were not required

Interview Questions

• About compensation, where they will not match the current market salary   Answer Question

About compensation, where they will not match the current market salary

Sustainability Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Infosys (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

applied online through a recruiter website. It took a couple of week to be contacted by Hr that set a conference call with to manager (one in U.S. and one in India). Had a good chat about position and responsibility. Ask me about my experience and how my qualifications fit the position requirements. They seemed competent but a little elusive about job details. 4 months passed and I haven't heard from them. I guess they found a better fit

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Infosys (Bridgewater, NJ) in March 2012.

Interview

Group interview 2:1. Mostly asked about my QA background and how I would solve problems posed during interview. For example, there are no Business Requirements, no specs, nothing. How would you create a test plan? 2. An object has no properties, how would you verify that the object behaves as expected in an automated test? 3. asked about my thoughts on Descriptive Programming (QTP). As you can tell from the questions posed it sounds like they are interested in your thought process and how to derive an answer. To my surprise (or maybe not surprise) Infosys personnel (or their culture) wants a definitive approach or answer. They seem to think there is one best way to solve problems. An applicant's creative approach is not desired. For example (I'm making this up), how do you get to page 100 in a 200 page book? My answer, depends on whether the book front or back is facing you. If the back is facing you, then you flip from page 200 to page 100. Their answer. No, you flip from the front to page 100. I making this up, but you get the gist. Thinking outside the box is not appreciated. Anyway I didn't get an offer.