Infosys Interview Questions & Reviews in New York, NY

2.6

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Infosys in March 2014.

I applied online for a Business Development Executive position in New York. They scheduled a panel interview after three to four weeks. Until the time of the interview, everything was good. They answered my questions and calls promptly. At the time of the interview, I was told that the two managers that were supposed to interview me were busy and I had to wait for 30 minutes for someone else to interview me. The interview was simple, very general questions and information about the job. One of the questions was about my background and where I came from. I was then told that they will get back to me in two to three days and schedule another interview. However, everything changed, and those two days became weeks without any responses to my many calls and emails. It was clear that they were ignoring me. So I researched the company and found some cases where candidates thought they were rejected because they were not South Asian, and when I requested some elaboration on that, I immediately got a response (usually no response in weeks); asking me not to make any assumptions. I spent another month asking for closure (Yes or No), in vain..only promises that they will contact me with updates...until finally they called last week and said I wasn't a good fit!

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, but the manager was eager to know my background and where I came from.   Answer Question

Technology Lead (US) Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

interviewed at Infosys in January 2013.

It involved technical questions and some details like personal questions were not required

Interview Questions
    • About compensation, where they will not match the current market salary   Answer Question

About compensation, where they will not match the current market salary

Technology Lead (US) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Infosys in February 2010.

I was hired cause client asked them to do so. I told client that if I wasn't paid what I was owed I would leave his project. I was not paid for during the first 8 weeks of work. After this incident I was hired right away, however I was not given proper induction, nor introduction, to company. Later I learned from other Infosys coworkers that it was no uncommon not being paid for the first couple of weeks, or that some of them were owed, at one point of their careers with Infosys, 10,000 USD in traveling expenses.

Interview Questions
    I got a call from India and a lady told me how much they will pay me asking me if it was ok with me.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Infosys in January 2010.

Face to face interview with 3 seniors from the same practice. Pretty straight forward questions and answers

No negotiations

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Infosys in June 2011.

Two level , I was referred . one phone and two in person interview. phone was more on past experience and PM skills. The in-person interview was with delivery team. interpersonal skills and customer success skills. Scenario questions, delivery experience, handling conflicts with customer, team, offshore team etc.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Infosys in June 2009.

The interview process was fairly straight-forward - three rounds - one HR behavioral/fit and two practitioner meetings. The initial step was the HR/Recruiting telephone screen which felt like more of a conversation than an interview - it was formal yet friendly.

At the end of the call which occurred on a Tuesday, the Recruiter indicated I would be hearing about next steps in a couple of days. On Friday, I received an e-mail from Recruiting asking me to provide my availability for a call with one of the practitioners to be scheduled for the following week.

Although this practitioner was on-site at a client, he was rather flexible in terms of coordinating schedules. I was able to schedule a call with this practitioner (Senior Manager / Senior Principal) for the following Wednesday. The call lasted about 30 minutes and was focused on me describing my prior work experience and learning a bit about the practitioner's background. It was give-and-take, though biased toward collecting information about my employment history and consulting experience. In other words, it was more-or-less what one might expect from a 2nd round interview.

After I received the news that I had passed the 2nd round of interviews, I was in regular, frequent contact with the recruiting organization to schedule a time to meet one of the Partners face-to-face. Several days later, plane ticket in hand, I was off to the airport to meet with the Partner. I arrived at the office and waited only about 10 minutes to meet with him. Our conversation lasted a little over an hour. The first fifteen minutes was spent on behavioral/background questions. The following 30 minutes was devoted to the case interview with 2 components. In the first component, I was asked to describe in a case-like fashion (using the available whiteboard), a recent engagement I had worked on- beginning with the client's problem statement, explaining the approach to and structure of my solution, and ending with the outcomes/ client value delivered.

The second component was a case given to me by the Partner in which I was asked to formulate my response to a problem statement. The Partner switched places with me and proceeded to the whiteboard to draw out a series of diagrams depicting relationships between a number of entities in a "Services" sales value chain. I was then asked to (based on my knowledge of the industry) craft an approach to the case. I had some difficulty with this portion of the interview because I had no familiarity with the specific industry being addressed which distracted me from maintaining a structured problem-solving approach. Regardless, I proceeded through the case citing a general approach and game plan for dividing the work into work streams, assigning roles, etc.

The final fifteen minutes of the interview included the Partner reviewing my work and explaining some nuances of the industry's sales process. We also discussed the practice's general direction, and industry and functional specialties.

Though I could have done better on the case (the Partner stated that there was an expectation of a broader or higher-level viewpoint up-front), apparently I had made enough of an impression throughout the interview process. I received a verbal offer by the end of the week - call directly from the Partner.

Interview Questions
    • As with all cases, there is no "'right' answer but there are approaches that are more highly recommended than others and more likely to resonate with Senior Executives regardless of industry, function or geography.   View Answer
    In hindsight, I could have done a better job negotiating salary, but I thought the compensation was fair and on par with peers in the market.

Sustainability Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Infosys in April 2012.

applied online through a recruiter website. It took a couple of week to be contacted by Hr that set a conference call with to manager (one in U.S. and one in India). Had a good chat about position and responsibility. Ask me about my experience and how my qualifications fit the position requirements.
    They seemed competent but a little elusive about job details.
    4 months passed and I haven't heard from them. I guess they found a better fit

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Infosys in April 2011.

Interview Questions were basic and simply text book question.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Infosys in February 2010.

None

Interview Questions
    Negotiate well. It appears that negotiations are not possible but they are. If they promise you better compensation within few months of joining, don't believe. They are plain lying. they have no such process to give an out of turn promotion or increment. You would be stuck with same salary and position for next two years.

Worked for Infosys? Contribute to the Community!