Infosys Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.8

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Infosys.

Interview

You have to be kidding here - the worst

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Infosys

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Infosys in October 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 partners at the firm. The first interview was a case and the second was all behavioral. Then they followed up with an informal phone call interview and received an offer soon thereafter. The whole process took about a month.
    The people were really nice and very helpful. I did not seems as intense as other consulting firms.
    The interviews were mostly one on one, and then phone. All of the partners and managers I spoke with on the phone were very easy to talk with and the conversations flowed naturally. It was a nice experience.

Interview Questions

• Who do you consider a visionary leader and why?
      Maybe not the most difficult question, but it was unexpected.

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Infosys (Bridgewater, NJ) in March 2012.

Interview

Group interview 2:1. Mostly asked about my QA background and how I would solve problems posed during interview. For example, there are no Business Requirements, no specs, nothing. How would you create a test plan? 2. An object has no properties, how would you verify that the object behaves as expected in an automated test? 3. asked about my thoughts on Descriptive Programming (QTP).

As you can tell from the questions posed it sounds like they are interested in your thought process and how to derive an answer. To my surprise (or maybe not surprise) Infosys personnel (or their culture) wants a definitive approach or answer. They seem to think there is one best way to solve problems. An applicant's creative approach is not desired. For example (I'm making this up), how do you get to page 100 in a 200 page book? My answer, depends on whether the book front or back is facing you. If the back is facing you, then you flip from page 200 to page 100. Their answer. No, you flip from the front to page 100. I making this up, but you get the gist. Thinking outside the box is not appreciated.

Anyway I didn't get an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Infosys (Houston, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

MBA Hire- mix of behavioral and case questions from real life cases.

Interview Questions

• To relate technology challenges to personal/professional experience with IT Transformations and business requirements   Answer Question

Negotiation

had to ask for sign on bonus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Infosys (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Handled very aggressively by third party headhunters. If you are applying for a specific role make sure you interview is for the role you specified. They will try to lure you into a lower level role even though your experience and background is higher.

Interview Questions

• The person interviewing me knew very little about the sector I was   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be careful when negotiating a salary, this company will verbally make an offer lower than what you are looking for. If and when you agree to that low ball offer then expect to get the actual offer letter from overseas to come in at a even lower salary. Total salary difference can be in the thousands. Not the best way to start an employee/employer relationship.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Infosys (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

Interview Questions were basic and simply text book question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Infosys (Reston, VA) in August 2010.

Interview

Initially phone interview was setup, then rescheduled to some other time and got the interview for an hour. Then after a week, received response that I will be called for face to face interview with HR at Reston, VA. There is no negotiation on the offer with HR. Overall, the inteview process took lot of time.

Interview Questions

• Have you handled any difficult situation in healthcare IT?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Infosys (Bridgewater, NJ) in April 2010.

Interview

Hiring was quick. A staffing agency prefiltered my profile for Infosys. Infosys had just two interviews. One techo-functional and one HR. immediately after that, I was selected and given a verbal offer.
    Techno-functional was simple with questions on what I did in my past experience.

Negotiation

Could not negotiate at all. But, fortunately, I got a higher offer than initially offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Infosys (Austin, TX) in September 2008.

Interview

not a great hiring process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

Cool and good , they test not only technical and functional, also checks behavioral and out of box thinking approach. tests the candidate attitude and his wisdom for the unexpected and disaster situations

Negotiation

very fruitful