Infosys

Average Difficulty
24 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Infosys.

Interview Details – You have to be kidding here - the worst

Interview Question – do you have a web cam so I can see you   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Infosys in June 2011.

Interview Details – MBA Hire- mix of behavioral and case questions from real life cases.

Interview Question – To relate technology challenges to personal/professional experience with IT Transformations and business requirements   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – had to ask for sign on bonus.

Bridgewater, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Infosys in April 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring was quick. A staffing agency prefiltered my profile for Infosys. Infosys had just two interviews. One techo-functional and one HR. immediately after that, I was selected and given a verbal offer.
Techno-functional was simple with questions on what I did in my past experience.

Negotiation Details – Could not negotiate at all. But, fortunately, I got a higher offer than initially offered.

Senior Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Infosys in October 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 2 partners at the firm. The first interview was a case and the second was all behavioral. Then they followed up with an informal phone call interview and received an offer soon thereafter. The whole process took about a month.
The people were really nice and very helpful. I did not seems as intense as other consulting firms.
The interviews were mostly one on one, and then phone. All of the partners and managers I spoke with on the phone were very easy to talk with and the conversations flowed naturally. It was a nice experience.

Interview Question – Who do you consider a visionary leader and why?
Maybe not the most difficult question, but it was unexpected.
  Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Infosys in September 2008.

Interview Details – not a great hiring process

Interview Question – behavioral based interview process, difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Infosys in April 2011.

Interview Details – Interview Questions were basic and simply text book question.

Interview Questions

Bridgewater, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Infosys in March 2012.

Interview Details – Group interview 2:1. Mostly asked about my QA background and how I would solve problems posed during interview. For example, there are no Business Requirements, no specs, nothing. How would you create a test plan? 2. An object has no properties, how would you verify that the object behaves as expected in an automated test? 3. asked about my thoughts on Descriptive Programming (QTP).

As you can tell from the questions posed it sounds like they are interested in your thought process and how to derive an answer. To my surprise (or maybe not surprise) Infosys personnel (or their culture) wants a definitive approach or answer. They seem to think there is one best way to solve problems. An applicant's creative approach is not desired. For example (I'm making this up), how do you get to page 100 in a 200 page book? My answer, depends on whether the book front or back is facing you. If the back is facing you, then you flip from page 200 to page 100. Their answer. No, you flip from the front to page 100. I making this up, but you get the gist. Thinking outside the box is not appreciated.

Anyway I didn't get an offer.

Reston, VA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Infosys in August 2010.

Interview Details – Initially phone interview was setup, then rescheduled to some other time and got the interview for an hour. Then after a week, received response that I will be called for face to face interview with HR at Reston, VA. There is no negotiation on the offer with HR. Overall, the inteview process took lot of time.

Interview Question – Have you handled any difficult situation in healthcare IT?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No.

Calcutta (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Infosys in September 2012.

Interview Details – There were 3 rounds of interviews, 2 technical rounds and one HR round. The technical rounds were completely on BizTalk server technologies basic questions. Interview questions started from architecture of BizTalk to implementation of ESB, BAM and BRE in BizTalk. The HR round was bit easy, they asked about family background and work experience background.

Interview Question – How you can use ESB Toolkit and BRE for BizTalk application development ?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Infosys

Interview Details – 3 rounds - technical, managerial and HR. Need to be very specific on what you want to do. the first round is taken by a functional/technical resource and the 2nd round by a DM

Interview Question – How would this IT industry change in the next 5 years?   Answer Question

Worked for Infosys? Contribute to the Community!