Infosys

Updated Mar 2, 2015
Updated Mar 2, 2015

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Infosys in October 2014.

I was selected via the pool campus selection. Three of the colleges in our university pooled together for Infosys. The first round was aptitude, which consisted of general aptitude. I prepared aptitude from R.S. Aggarwal, Indiabix.com which has various topics on aptitude. Only after clearing the aptitude can you go on to the interview so prepare well. It is said that if you clear the aptitude, you're as good as in. But there were a lot of students who were taken out in our batch in the second round too.

The second round was technical + HR interview. The person who took my interview was very cool, relaxed and laid-back. He asked general questions - first to tell him about myself. Well, after what all I could say was over, he still wanted to know more so I kept going with random stuff. He asked about my project, technology that I worked on, which was Java. Then started the technical questions.

I was so sure I would flunk the interview because I did blank out a bit, but that didn't happen. Maybe because they trust their training. At any rate, it was a great experience. I couldn't stop smiling for days when I cleared the interview. I mean, have you googled the Mysore campus of Infosys? One word - beautiful!

In the interview, the focus was on Java and DBMS. Other people reported Data Structures and OS as well.

Interview Questions
  • After the HR thing, the technical questions were asked: Java Beans, life cycle of a servlet, what is foreign key, types of databases, difference between relational and hierarchical databases, etc. Now, there were times I answered questions wrong or blanked out. So, just don't lose it when it happens. Be calm, things will go well.

There were also interviewers, I heard who were asking questions on linked lists and other data structures. But people who explained the logic were through, I think. People from non-Computer Science branch gave the interview too and if they could explain things, say the logic, for example the steps in making a project (requirement analysis, design, coding, release and maintenance) they were through.

View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Infosys

Interview process was easy, it consisted of 3 rounds basically,
    1. Written test (Technical, Aptitude and Reasoning)
    2. Technical Interview
    3. HR interview
    The whole written test contributed towards reasoning with less aptitude to test the basic skill of a student...
    Then comes the technical interview which involved questions based on basic coding in C, C++, JAVA etc
    HR interview was easy to manage as it was up to myself how I behaved in that Half n hr...
    As of a whole, Interview was easy

Interview Questions
    • About my current projects, IT affinity, latest technologies etc   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Infosys in November 2013.

On campus interview. It was conducted for 100 + students and it was a long long day. There was 1 round for me while some others had 2. It was about 40 minutes long and had a mixture of technical and behavioural questions.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Infosys in September 2014.

it was good and was a normal HR round where thry asked you about yourself and everything related to your resume.
    It lasted for about 10 minutrs and they judge you on your communication skills.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Infosys.

It was campus recruitment. It had 2 rounds. Written aptitude screening which included puzzles to solve and English grammar and fluency. Then HR round had generic and common sense/Logical questions.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Infosys.

Easy interview process. Includes aptitude exam consisting of 3 sections. Logical section had 15 questions consisting of data sufficiency , syllogism etc. Quant had 10 questions of medium level. Quant is of RS aggarwal level. English is also not very easy because time is less in this section.

Second round is personal interview which is technical cum hr.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Infosys.

1.online test
    2.interview (tech+HR)
    online test is the deciding factor.once you clear that,you are almost in, until and unless you try to fake yourself in the interview.you have to focus on your resume.Thats the base for your whole interview.

Interview Questions
    • they don't ask difficult questions.you just need to know the basics.the interview is mostly HR based only.you will get enough opportunity in case of technical also.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Infosys in January 2015.

got a call from infosys HR ,face to face one round , it took 45 mins they scan your resume and will ask questions based on that only.they asked more questions on java

Software Engineer Interview

Questions asked on projects in the Resume. Asked to explain B.E final year project. Basic Object Oriented Programming related questions from C++. Asked to solve a logic based puzzle. and one or two questions about the company and if willing to relocate. No particularly difficult questions. They just check your confidence level.

Software Engineer Interview

infosys visited our campus, it was a two day drive.
    day 1:
    pre-placement talk and aptitude test
    test was easy, simple quant questions and basic english

day 2:
    interviews
    it is the most important step for getting into infosys. interview is simple hr type but the interviewer tries to confuse you.