Infosys

Average Difficulty
335 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Infosys in January 2008.

Interview Details – 3 to 4 rounds

Negotiation Details – freshers fixed.

Fremont, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Infosys in March 2012.

Interview Details – They did not give enough chance to speak on the topics known. A bunch of offshore guys on recent trip to onsite talking interviews.
Agreed everyone is not perfect in everything still !

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Infosys in April 2008.

Interview Details – This was an on-the-spot interview at a job fair. The interviewer had a simple script and needed me to answer each question in order so she could fill my answers into a form, leading to difficulties if my answer to one question happened to encompass the answer to another. There were no technical questions. The questions were along the lines of:

Tell me about a time you had to work in a small group on a project.
Tell me about a time you came up with a clever solution to a problem.

And others, all establishing that I had a history working with I.T. that I could talk about. I was also asked how I felt about training in India. At the end, the interviewer said she would "put me through for an offer," and a week later I was emailed an offer letter.

Interview Question – ...and what was the result? Was asked after every question.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation is completely impossible at entry level.

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Infosys in February 2010.

Interview Details – campus hiring

first round objective written: aptitude +english + logical reasoning
2nd round interview : panel consist of one,mostly HR and judging communication skills
asked in details about achievements and why so less marks in engineering,am i able to relocate to any of the DC of infosys or not,also asked about hobbies and interests,why infosys and not other IT companies , why should i take you

Interview Question – why should i hire you?...   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Infosys in October 2013.

Interview Details – Initial test of basic engineering concepts, logical, reasoning and verbal followed by a HR Interview inquiring about goals and field one would like to work and to know the interest in working with them

Interview Question – what is your biggest weakness   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Infosys in November 2011.

Interview Details – The process took a day and I applied through college. Shortlisting after a written aptitude test.
the questions were mostly easy , and in reference to my CV such as marks,interests and hobbies.
Basically Hr questions .

Interview Question – Nothing Unexpected or difficult   Answer Question

Chennai (India)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Infosys.

Interview Details – I was a fresher and attended an off campus interview in 2006. Was just Sakunthala Devi puzzles and English. Followed by short HR interview when shortlisted in Round 1.

Interview Question – Sakunthala Devi, if you know how to solve them, then you can crack, But I am not sure of current process. But HR interview was a cake walk   View Answer

Negotiation Details – SInce i was a fresher then, no negotiations

Puducherry (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Infosys in May 2014.

Interview Details – The Interview process in Infosys is so simple! I have always wondered if such a good company have interview process lesser than its competitors like L&T Infotech, HCL Technologies, TCS, etc. There were only two rounds:
1) Online Test
2) Face to Face Interview

Online Test: It comprises of Aptitude, Logical and Verbal Sections...

In fact, there were only two sections namely: Logical (40 qns) and Verbal (35 qns)

The Logical Section consisted of Probability, Blood Relations, Guessing the right shape, Odd Man Out, Directions & few basic Geometry probs

The verbal section was even more simple! Please do not be threatened by other's comments... It consisted of 10 RC (Reading Comprehension) qns., 10 Synonyms and few qns on other Grammatical portions... Overall, the Online test was very simple to crack :)

The Face-to-Face Interview was even more easier! All that you need is to get them a very good profile so that they feel confident that you will be one good asset to bet on! They started of with this question "Do you have any problem with Relocation?"

What can be more sophisticated than being asked the final question every company asks as the very first qn in your interview... Of Course, you will have to come up with good communication skills

Interview Question – The questions were merely conceptual than too much of program-oriented! Some of the concepts that were covered during the interview were:
1) OOPS Concepts (Inheritance, Constructor & Destructors, Templates, Polymorphism, Interface)
2) Data Structures (Stacks & Queues, Linked Lists)
3) Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) - Mainly because it was listed in my Resume
4) RDBMS (Simple Queries - Group By, Order By, View concepts, RAID Levels)
  Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Infosys in October 2012.

Interview Details – first they conducted a written test. It was fairly easy. next round was interview. interviewer was a friendly. he asked me basic questions like tell about yourself then she asked "how much C & C++ i know?". since i am a electronics engineering student i replied "basics". he smiled and asked me to leave. I was selected. If infsoys comes to your campus it is one of the easiest interviews to crack.

Interview Question – Very easy questions about c/c++/java and the projects or internships i was involved in.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – got into a better company

Bangalore (India)

I interviewed at Infosys in January 2011.

Interview Details – Campus recruitment from college.
Had two step hiring process. 1st round is aptitude test. Selected candidates are divided in small groups.
Next is HR/PI round. Clear that ( is a easy one..) get a offer letter.