Infosys Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.6

347 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Infosys.

Puzzles and interview by HR

Nil,I got in as fresher

Other Interview Reviews for Infosys

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Infosys in December 2010.

Infosys recruiter called me for a software engineer's position. since it's my first time to hear about Infosys, I asked for a base salary of 100K, which I later found out is obviously beyond their budget, but the recruiter gave me the empty promise of the salary and invited me for an on-site interview.

after one hour of easy on-site technology interview, the HR came over and told me that based on my 5 years experience they can only offer me a base salary of 60K, which made me feel being deceived by their recruiter.

Infosys recruiter should be honest with candidate about the salary Infosys would offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Infosys in October 2008.

I got it when I was in India through a campus hiring program . I was shortlisted from a ton of students. They had a written test which does the initial screening. Then the selected candidates are interviewed personally by HR or by group panels. The results are usually announced same day or later. Initial impression was ok.

No, the offers were non negotiable for fresh campus hires.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Infosys in May 2008.

It was off-campus selection interview in Orissa.
    It was the traditional pattern of written exam with puzzles and english test.
    The conversion ratio was 55 out of 1000 people appearing.
    In interview, it was personal interview with a learned man.
    I converted it and made it in the final selection.

Interview Questions
    • Sankutala devi puzzles one was about two trains approaching and calculate speed   View Answer
    Campus placement hence no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Infosys in January 2008.

3 to 4 rounds

freshers fixed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fremont, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Infosys in March 2012.

They did not give enough chance to speak on the topics known. A bunch of offshore guys on recent trip to onsite talking interviews.
    Agreed everyone is not perfect in everything still !

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Infosys in April 2008.

This was an on-the-spot interview at a job fair. The interviewer had a simple script and needed me to answer each question in order so she could fill my answers into a form, leading to difficulties if my answer to one question happened to encompass the answer to another. There were no technical questions. The questions were along the lines of:

Tell me about a time you had to work in a small group on a project.
    Tell me about a time you came up with a clever solution to a problem.

And others, all establishing that I had a history working with I.T. that I could talk about. I was also asked how I felt about training in India. At the end, the interviewer said she would "put me through for an offer," and a week later I was emailed an offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • ...and what was the result? Was asked after every question.   View Answer
    Negotiation is completely impossible at entry level.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Infosys.

It was from campus recruitment process. Aptitude test was quite tough but cleared successfully.
    Interview questions were related to mainly my projects and general HR questions. Interviewer was quite friendly. No algos from programming. As I was from non CST/IT background so I was worried about my programming skills but it was not needed, only a simple question was asked.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Infosys in September 2014.

It was Campus Placement Drive for 2 days. on the 1st Day, There was presentation given by Infosys Team. Basically we cannot say it was ppt, that was the introduction to the Infosys, their training programme and about there Campus nd bla bla..
    After that
    online Test was held by infosys which consist of 3 modules :
    1. Arithmetic Reasoning and Analytical Thinking - 15 Questions in 20 minutes
    2. Mathematical critical thinking and Logical reasoning - 10 Questions in 35 Minutes
    3. Verbal - 40 Questions in 35 minutes
    there is a Cut-off for each section. Everyone has to clear the Cutoff for qualifying to the next round which is consist of Technical+HR Interview.
    interviews were held on the 2nd day of the drive (Technical+HR(small part) for CSE,IT,ECE & HR(full) for EEE,CHEMICAL,FOOD TECH,MECH,BIOTECH).
    After interview,they will display a list of selected candidates. Be Confident while answering in the interview and keep smile on your face.

Interview Questions
    • If you are in (CSE,IT,ECE) one of these stream, be prepared for your technical Interview. Questions are of moderate level related to your 3 year college studies and your training's taken throughout the Degree Programme. and also prepared for one of these languages (C or JAVA).   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I was recruited as a fresher in campus placements during my final year of engineering. First round is a written test that consists of solving puzzles. Second round is a technical round of interview, during which they tested my core engineering knowledge and programming skills. Next is a HR round, which is casual just to make an offer.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about electrical motors and generators, because I am from Electrical engineering back ground.   Answer Question
    Nothing