Infosys Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.6

359 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Infosys.

Infy came to our college through campus placement.

First was written test which was pretty easy if you have done basic aptitude, easier than accenture.

Then was the technical the type of interview depended on which room does the coordinator takes you to eg some were pure technical grilling for 40 min some were basic hr for 10 min else were a mixed of both.

Mine was both technical and HR for 15 min approx. first he asked me about myself then on training and projects then on extracurricular. After that some random talks about IT industry and all.

Other Interview Reviews for Infosys

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Infosys in October 2014.

I applied through College/University.It was a two days Selection Process.

1. On First day,A online test was Conducted With 3 Different Sections of total 95 minutes.Regular Students with some aptitude practise will find Test Easy.
    2.Next day was HR/Technical Round in which i was asked mostly about my project.Interviewer was nice and willing to listen everything.
    3.Results were declared on that very day.

Interview Questions
    Non-negotiable.Fixed Pay as it is for all Freshers.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through the online portal.. the drive was held in Udaipur.. It was a fairly easy process.. We started with an online test.. it contained question related to logical reasoning, verbal, language.. it was about 1 hour test.. It took some time to get the results though. but finally we got the results and were told that remaining rounds will be held the next day.
    Next day we started with the technical interviews. due to the number of candidates, it took forever to get to the interviews. but once in it was really easy. questions asked to me were like about myself, why i want to join infosys.. then some questions related to my academic projects. then he asked me a few more technical questions like the ways to transfer data from one page to another on an asp website. i answered it correctly having done most of my work with it.. so in short it was good and easy to crack. there were 170 candidates initially, 70 cleared the frst round.. out of which 65 or so got selected.

Interview Questions
    • these series they asked were quite easy once u figure them out, but it was not easy to figure out because they were not like these mathematical series that i am used to solve.
      series was
      1-3
      2-3
      3-5
      4-4
      5-?
        View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

It was from campus recruitment process. Aptitude test was quite tough but cleared successfully.
    Interview questions were related to mainly my projects and general HR questions. Interviewer was quite friendly. No algos from programming. As I was from non CST/IT background so I was worried about my programming skills but it was not needed, only a simple question was asked.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Infosys in September 2014.

It was Campus Placement Drive for 2 days. on the 1st Day, There was presentation given by Infosys Team. Basically we cannot say it was ppt, that was the introduction to the Infosys, their training programme and about there Campus nd bla bla..
    After that
    online Test was held by infosys which consist of 3 modules :
    1. Arithmetic Reasoning and Analytical Thinking - 15 Questions in 20 minutes
    2. Mathematical critical thinking and Logical reasoning - 10 Questions in 35 Minutes
    3. Verbal - 40 Questions in 35 minutes
    there is a Cut-off for each section. Everyone has to clear the Cutoff for qualifying to the next round which is consist of Technical+HR Interview.
    interviews were held on the 2nd day of the drive (Technical+HR(small part) for CSE,IT,ECE & HR(full) for EEE,CHEMICAL,FOOD TECH,MECH,BIOTECH).
    After interview,they will display a list of selected candidates. Be Confident while answering in the interview and keep smile on your face.

Interview Questions
    • If you are in (CSE,IT,ECE) one of these stream, be prepared for your technical Interview. Questions are of moderate level related to your 3 year college studies and your training's taken throughout the Degree Programme. and also prepared for one of these languages (C or JAVA).   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

The first round included quant, logical reasoning and verbal questions. Quantitative questions were quite easy. Logical reasoning required considerable thinking although a few were easy as well. The test mainly concentrated on verbal questions like comprehension, correcting the sentences, choosing the logical order etc. which were easy but finishing it in the given time frame was the challenge.
    The second round was a technical/ HR round. Basic programming questions like prime numbers and Fibonacci series were asked. Few others were asked questions on DBMS too.
    Then, questions on your résumé like the projects you've done, paper/project presentations and other technical and non technical activities you've done we're asked. Then, came the HR questions - why infosys? , why the IT field? , tell me everything u know abt infosys. That's about it.

Interview Questions
    • Programming - Fibonacci series and prime numbers , questions on project.   Answer Question
    • Tell me abt urself , Why infosys? , why the IT field?   Answer Question
    No negotiations on salary as I was recruited through campus interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

First was aptitude test which consisted of verbal, analytic and mathematical sections. Verbal consisted of 40 questions to be completed in 35 mins. Math consisted of 10 questions to be completed in 25 mins and last was analytic in which 20 questions has to be solved in 30 mins. Students who cleared apti were directly called for personal interview next day.

Interview Questions
    • Aptitude section was the most difficult and max students could not clear it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

The overall process took 2 days, on day one it was presentation by HR and then the online aptitude test. Test was not so simple but if you have good practice then it is enough. Test content 3 sections as quant, Logical and Verbal. You get enough time for all of this section.
    Moving towards day 2, it was just an interview with both type of questions i.e Technical and HR. This is all. Be confident and always have a smile on your face.

Interview Questions
    Always have question for HR and had no negotiations.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Infosys.

I was recruited as a fresher in campus placements during my final year of engineering. First round is a written test that consists of solving puzzles. Second round is a technical round of interview, during which they tested my core engineering knowledge and programming skills. Next is a HR round, which is casual just to make an offer.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about electrical motors and generators, because I am from Electrical engineering back ground.   Answer Question
    Nothing

Software Engineer Interview

Had an aptitude test. Scored well in it. Waited for some time for the results. Interview started in 1 hour or so. Very cool interview. Purely HR interview, hence could make it easily. Was asked about my engineering experiences, hobbies. Not at all a stressful interview. Received the highest marks in the interview from among all the interviewees.