Infosys Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Infosys in October 2008.

I got it when I was in India through a campus hiring program . I was shortlisted from a ton of students. They had a written test which does the initial screening. Then the selected candidates are interviewed personally by HR or by group panels. The results are usually announced same day or later. Initial impression was ok.

No, the offers were non negotiable for fresh campus hires.

Other Interview Reviews for Infosys

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Infosys in May 2008.

It was off-campus selection interview in Orissa.
    It was the traditional pattern of written exam with puzzles and english test.
    The conversion ratio was 55 out of 1000 people appearing.
    In interview, it was personal interview with a learned man.
    I converted it and made it in the final selection.

Interview Questions
    • Sankutala devi puzzles one was about two trains approaching and calculate speed   View Answer
    Campus placement hence no negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Infosys in April 2008.

This was an on-the-spot interview at a job fair. The interviewer had a simple script and needed me to answer each question in order so she could fill my answers into a form, leading to difficulties if my answer to one question happened to encompass the answer to another. There were no technical questions. The questions were along the lines of:

Tell me about a time you had to work in a small group on a project.
    Tell me about a time you came up with a clever solution to a problem.

And others, all establishing that I had a history working with I.T. that I could talk about. I was also asked how I felt about training in India. At the end, the interviewer said she would "put me through for an offer," and a week later I was emailed an offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • ...and what was the result? Was asked after every question.   View Answer
    Negotiation is completely impossible at entry level.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Infosys in January 2008.

3 to 4 rounds

freshers fixed.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nāgpur, Maharashtra (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Nāgpur, Maharashtra (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Infosys.

only one aptitude and one technical interview round very easy to crack.
    but prepare basic c, c++ java programing, unix and database eg sql to crack the interview and aptitude.
     Aptitude took 2 and half hours and interview hardly took 15 min.
    your communication skills is also very important

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Infosys.

Written Test comprising of puzzles and a section on english. It was followed by a personal interview which had questions on personality traits and some situational puzzles. I was questioned on my hobbies and strengths/weaknesses

Interview Questions
    • Asked me about my hobby and told me to draw a cartoon (as cartooning was my hobby)   Answer Question

Interview process was easy, it consisted of 3 rounds basically,
    1. Written test (Technical, Aptitude and Reasoning)
    2. Technical Interview
    3. HR interview
    The whole written test contributed towards reasoning with less aptitude to test the basic skill of a student...
    Then comes the technical interview which involved questions based on basic coding in C, C++, JAVA etc
    HR interview was easy to manage as it was up to myself how I behaved in that Half n hr...
    As of a whole, Interview was easy

Interview Questions
    • About my current projects, IT affinity, latest technologies etc   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Infosys.

Easy interview process. Includes aptitude exam consisting of 3 sections. Logical section had 15 questions consisting of data sufficiency , syllogism etc. Quant had 10 questions of medium level. Quant is of RS aggarwal level. English is also not very easy because time is less in this section.

Second round is personal interview which is technical cum hr.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Infosys.

1.online test
    2.interview (tech+HR)
    online test is the deciding factor.once you clear that,you are almost in, until and unless you try to fake yourself in the interview.you have to focus on your resume.Thats the base for your whole interview.

Interview Questions
    • they don't ask difficult questions.you just need to know the basics.the interview is mostly HR based only.you will get enough opportunity in case of technical also.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Infosys in February 2015.

Interviewed for software developer. Asked multiple questions about the software development and java. Answered most of the questions. Written code for some logics. All logics are simple.

Finally interviewed by HR person, Discussed about the salary and other details.