Infosys System Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.4

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Infosys.

Interview

Through my previous post “Infosys Interview Process” I have noticed that many candidates have concerns related to salary, Location and Joining Date offered by Infosys. In this post I will share my personal experience and experiences shared by the candidates on these concerns.45 minutes. Resume scanning.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Infosys

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Infosys.

Interview

It was a campus interview in our college. A third party hired by Infosys. Normal behavioural questions regarding projects done so far and how I managed them. Any bottleneck situation that I faced and how I resolved them.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest problem that I faced in a project and how i dealt with it?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Infosys.

Interview

College Campus placements interview. Only HR round. There was no technical whatsoever!. Really surprising. The interview only lasted for about 20 min. It was very quick. The panel consisted of only one person. But the training is when candidates usually get weeded out.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Infosys in May 2015.

Interview

Online interview via GoToMeeting with two people from India. They asked me about logic questions which would be applied to programming that they will train. I am a Physics student at a top university and they expected me to think like a programmer.

Interview Questions

• How do you get even numbers from a series from 1 to 10? How do you reverse the string WELCOME (not by coding)? Some math questions.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Infosys.

Interview

Interview process was very easy. the first round was aptitude. Mostly mathematical and logical reasoning questions from R.K. sharma. next was the english section. It was slightly difficult. The were questions on grammar, parts of speech, comprehension questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Infosys (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

1. Was contacted by a recruiter and was scheduled for an interview.
    2. Had an interview via GoToMeeting. Had some technical and behavioral questions. Then I din't get any reply for 2 weeks. Then I mailed the recruiter and she said I was selected for 2nd round. Then there was no response for a month. Then again I mailed the recruiter and she said we are still doing 1st round we would contact after a week. After that there was no response. It was almost 2 months since the 1st interview. Then again I mailed the recruiter and finally she says they won't be doing 2nd round. I even gave up on an other job for Infosys. They are sooo unprofessional. Worst recruitment process .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Infosys (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

The process lasted for about 4 days.
    First round was HR, with simple questions about yourself and resume based question.
    The second round was technical, java and some numerical reasoning questions.
    Then finally HR called to discuss benefits and salary.

Interview Questions

• If a rock and a feather were thrown down in vacuum. which would reach the floor first.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Infosys.

Interview

First Round is Quantative , Analytical and Verbal Skill Test.
    Second Round is a technical and HR interview ad varies from person to person.
    Mostly, this is for freshers and they ask you about you college projects and few behavioural questions. I was only asked about the my college projects.

Interview Questions

• Questions were related to my college projects   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase

Application

Interview

I went through Campus placement, so we initially had a 30 minute written test, then an HR round and then a technical round.

After selection:
    You are trained in the Mysore campus for 4 months and then given a job location for full time.

Interview Questions

• HR Round:

The interviewer was an experienced old guy.
      He asked me normal questions,
      Tell me about yourself?
      What does your father do?
      Why did you apply for this position?
      Have you been in a difficult situation, if yes, how did you come out of it?
      Have you demonstrated Leadership skills, if yes then Explain?

Technical Round:
      Basic questions on your preferred programming language.
      Mine was C++, so I had questions on pointers, virtual functions, memory allocation, algorithms etc.
      I also had to write a code on paper of converting a given number into words and a code for merge sort.

Answer Question

I went to pursue my further studies.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Infosys in February 2015.

Interview

I dropped off my resume at a career fair. The representatives from Infosys were very crass and unpleasant, so I decided not to apply to any positions. However, they emailed me later saying my resume seemed like a great fit so they scheduled an online interview.

During the interview there were two employees communicating from India via webcam. Neither introduced themselves. Both had broken English and I had to ask for questions to be repeated constantly. They asked me only trivial, basic technical questions, like "What is an integral?--What is a vector?--What is HTML used for?" even though my degree is in chemical engineering from a top 10 university in America and I have prior work experience involving coding. It was very clear that they did not look at any of the materials (resume, cover letter, transcript) they asked me to submit. I was asked no behavioral or work experience questions. I interviewed for four positions from my school's career fair and this was the only one that felt like a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Why is object oriented programming more common than function programming?   1 Answer