Infosys

Updated Sep 3, 2014

2.9

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

There will be 3 rounds of interview -
Technical, management and HR. AFter that you will be selected.

Technical round will be the past projects and educational background that you might have workd on.
Management round will be handling we crucial scenarios during a project
HR is discussing on salary

I started as a fresher

Other Interview Reviews for Infosys

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Infosys.

Group test then a Skill test and then a 1:1 interview with the HR

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing technically or puzzling that was asked.during campus placement. What did choose to be sent to a boarding school   View Answer

Technical Test Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mysore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mysore (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Infosys in February 2012.

After the HR call I was called to the phase II where I faced 2 rounds of interview. At first they took a lot of time to collect data. Then they asked me to go for the 1st one. 2 people were sitting in front of me. Fortunately they were very nice people. I was asked basic testing questions. Infact they grilled me over the processes that we follow in our company. They even asked me test process control and configuration management questions. tools that we use in our organization. After this I was interviewed by a person who was a product manager. He was also very nice person. He asked me about the basic thing that I liked in my job. How I optimize my work. Then he asked me about the diff between verification and validation. Then he also asked me about the managing part at my workplace. How I manage the scheduing, the allotment of testing activities. Then he asked about some issues that I faced in my day to day life at workplace.

Interview Questions
    • Verification and validation difference   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your project and the one of the main issue you faced while managing your team & how you solved it.   Answer Question
    • Difference between QA and QC   Answer Question
    • Which tools you have used? What tool you use for Configuration and version mgmt? What perfo tool you ever used?   Answer Question
    • Explain V model. When does testing start?   Answer Question
    The HR was very arrogant type and sarcastic. I was really surprised how they talk like "Maybe the salary expectation is because mostly people run after money."

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Infosys in December 2011.

Very easy

as per past salary and the band width of Infosys

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Infosys in September 2011.

two rounds of interview.One technical , one HR

Interview Questions
    we can negotiate to give upto 20% to 30% to an employer while interviewing with HR.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Infosys in September 2010.

It was a walkin
    first round was technical and followed by HR round

Interview Questions
    it was okey since i didnt negotiate that much.. later came to know it wasnt a great offer

Technical Test Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Infosys in August 2010.

A job consultancy contacted me. The interview was scheduled on a Saturday. The process was very organized with the entire process completing by 4 p.m. and a clear yes from the HR.
    The first round was with a Project Manager. It was basics of what a test strategy is, etc. Not detailed probing. After I cleared this round, the HR round was smooth. As my expected salary was in their range, no negotiations as such. But no joining bonus

Interview Questions
    Find out before hand how much they are willing to pay for your job band.

Technical Test Lead Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Infosys in August 2010.

Interview is pretty easy. Since I had overseas exposure and my former employer is a reputed Indian company, the interview was very basic.

Interview Questions
    • Project Stress management was discussed, nothing tough that I remember was asked.   Answer Question
    My offer matched their expectations, so no trouble here.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Infosys in February 2010.

1- Technical - Very simple- just prepare basic questions on Qa and process
    1- HR - Only on salary negotations

Interview Questions
    Negotiate as much as you can